McCanns sitting on £750k for "new search"

Post a reply


This question is a means of identifying and preventing automated submissions.
Smilies
eyebrow :header: :woteva: :yikes: :smilin: :bawlin: :wubbers: :canny: :nelix: :trollface: :wurms: :doomed: :wubwub: :leer: :grrrrr: :cuppaT: :more beer: :ooer: :whistle: :link: :cronos: :whogives: :dafinger: :Lucia: :pukeup: :Hiya: :paranoid: :bored: :gigglesnshit: :Wiiiine!: :choc: :flog: :twirl: :pmsl: :brickwall: :artist: :dunno: :pointlaugh: :cheers: :yess: :bum: :snooty: :thud: :shell: :shake head: :thumbsup: :hap: :hand: :shame: :popcorn: :monkey: :off head: :bell: :shoot: :mrgreen: :roll: :oops: :razz: :laughing: :cool: :kinell: :wink: :drool: :grub: :awesome: :slap: :again?: :burfday: :srs?:
View more smilies
BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[flash] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON
Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: McCanns sitting on £750k for "new search"

Re: McCanns sitting on £750k for "new search"

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:18 pm

Cannydc wrote:
TWATkins wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
TWATkins wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

And if it were your child you would shut up, give up ???


Well it's a moot question because if it were my child, I'd have taken more care of them. If it did happen though, i'd crawl over broken glass and deal with the devil himself if it meant finding them. I certainly wouldn't do what these two have done.


So do you have children ?

And if you do, you had your beady eye on them 24 / 7 ?

ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE WHATSOEVER.

No parent is perfect, we all make mistakes. Even you.


This wasn't a "mistake". A mistake is locking your keys inside your car. A mistake is trying to put a library card into a cashpoint.

Choosing to leave your children alone in an unlocked apartment in a foreign country night after night while you went out on a jolly with your mates is neglect.


And there's the (typical) exaggeration.

It was one night.

They were in sight of the accommodation.

They checked on the kids regularly.

I am not saying they were right to do what they did - but I repeat - no-one is perfect.

(ps you didn't answer whether you would keep your kids under surveillance 24 / 7)


Problem with your argument is that it wasn't just ONE night. This group of friends had a supposed system in place where their kids would be checked, how regular can't be ascertained.

It was a deliberate decision to leave them alone in that apartment and not just for one night. They were out the night before as Kate McCann spoke of her daughter being upset upon waking finding her mum wasn't there, they were dining/socialising at the restaurant.

Re: McCanns sitting on £750k for "new search"

Post by dis » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:05 am

Trapper John wrote:I don't think anyone can say how they would have reacted in the same circumstances.

I guess they believe their child is still alive or maybe they just can't live with not knowing, if they have the funds which were given to them freely, then I can't see a reason not to use them for that end.

I know many people say give up, accept that she's dead or at least gone to you forever but how many people could really do that without any form of closure?

It maybe false hope but it is hope and probably all they have to keep themselves and the rest of their family together.


This is how I feel about it.

I don't think Madeleine will ever be found, but if it were my child I wouldn't stop looking for her and I wouldn't want the police to stop searching.

Re: McCanns sitting on £750k for "new search"

Post by George » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:35 am

I have been to this resort and know the Tapas bar and apartments the McCanns were using and yes they were very close but not close enough to be safe for small children to be unsupervised with the door unlocked, I personally would not have done it. But there are dozens of occasions when I did not keep my eye on the children all the time and on one or two occasions lost them.
I can totally understand the parents passion and determination to try and find Madeleine and the perceived neglect that contributed to her disappearance should not come into it.
I have no clue what happened to her but do not think the McCanns were directly responsible and I am not sure we will ever know and maybe there needs to come a time when there is a line drawn under this case.
One theory I do have though is that she wandered off in the night toward the beach and drowned, it was close to these apartments and she could have easily been dragged out to sea.

Re: McCanns sitting on £750k for "new search"

Post by Lionel Jesse » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:30 pm

Interesting to see so many people supporting what are practically child abusing/murdering scum.... (whether you believe they did or didnt, their actions directly contributed. They should have been jailed for neglect at the very least.)

The names of course are about as surprising as tomorrow being Sunday.....

Re: McCanns sitting on £750k for "new search"

Post by Cannydc » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:18 am

TWATkins wrote:One of the most disturbing things about this case is something the mother wrote in her book.

"I asked Gerry apprehensively if he'd had any really horrible thoughts or visions of Madeleine. He nodded. Haltingly, I told him about the awful pictures that scrolled through my head of her perfect little genitals torn apart"

Who would write such a thing about their child ?.


J K Rowling.

Re: McCanns sitting on £750k for "new search"

Post by TWATkins » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:38 am

One of the most disturbing things about this case is something the mother wrote in her book.

"I asked Gerry apprehensively if he'd had any really horrible thoughts or visions of Madeleine. He nodded. Haltingly, I told him about the awful pictures that scrolled through my head of her perfect little genitals torn apart"

Who would write such a thing about their child ?.

Re: McCanns sitting on £750k for "new search"

Post by Keyser » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:55 pm

Dean wrote:I’ve never understood the obsession with the McCanns case in particular. Hundreds of children go missing every year, some because of neglectful parents I’d imagine. Fuck knows why this case is any different to all the others...


Because the parents are both middle class professionals.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of this tragic case if it had been an unemployed father and mother from a sink estate who had left their children alone like that the gutter press would have had a field day.

I can just imagine the Heil's lurid headlines.

We will never know what happened to that little girl I suspect she was either murdered that very night or trafficked like thousands before and since. :shake head:

Re: McCanns sitting on £750k for "new search"

Post by Rocthedog » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:55 pm

Cannydc wrote:"But hey, it's all good though. Leaving your children alone for three hours a night in an unlocked apartment you can't see, while you go out and cane 10 bottles of wine with your buddies is all good because was only the last four nights. at the same time each night. after you've expressed concern that you felt you were being watched.
TWATkins"

Your obvious obsession is really quite disturbing - and one reason I tend to eschew these kinds of discussions normally.

The idea that people form some sort of deep emotional connection with the lives of people they don't know, haven't met and will never meet creeps me out.

Good luck to the McCanns. Endex.


Canny, I have always had my doubts about their story. OK they left their children in an unlocked apartment so they could go check on them. But what I do not buy is this ( FULLY DOCUMENTED) in her statement. Her statement reads "I went to check on my children, I could not find Madalaine. I ran back to the table shouting "THEY HAVE TAKEN HER" That statement has always stuck in my mind. Canny what would your wife shout or say to you. I,ll have a guess, some thing like " I can,t find Maddy, or Maddy is not in her bed, or Maddy is missing. not THEY HAVE TAKEN HER. ???????? The Portugese cop was also unhappy with that statement, hence his suspicions.

Re: McCanns sitting on £750k for "new search"

Post by TWATkins » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:43 pm

Aha, so this is the end of the thread because you have decreed it to be so ?

Re: McCanns sitting on £750k for "new search"

Post by Cannydc » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:32 pm

TWATkins wrote:
Cannydc wrote:"But hey, it's all good though. Leaving your children alone for three hours a night in an unlocked apartment you can't see, while you go out and cane 10 bottles of wine with your buddies is all good because was only the last four nights. at the same time each night. after you've expressed concern that you felt you were being watched.
TWATkins"

Your obvious obsession is really quite disturbing - and one reason I tend to eschew these kinds of discussions normally.

The idea that people form some sort of deep emotional connection with the lives of people they don't know, haven't met and will never meet creeps me out.

Good luck to the McCanns. Endex.


Excellent. Trying to pretend you have some kind of deep insight into what i feel and what I'm thinking based on ascii characters on a screen .. that one never gets old :mrgreen:


Google "Endex"

Re: McCanns sitting on £750k for "new search"

Post by TWATkins » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:29 pm

Cannydc wrote:"But hey, it's all good though. Leaving your children alone for three hours a night in an unlocked apartment you can't see, while you go out and cane 10 bottles of wine with your buddies is all good because was only the last four nights. at the same time each night. after you've expressed concern that you felt you were being watched.
TWATkins"

Your obvious obsession is really quite disturbing - and one reason I tend to eschew these kinds of discussions normally.

The idea that people form some sort of deep emotional connection with the lives of people they don't know, haven't met and will never meet creeps me out.

Good luck to the McCanns. Endex.


Excellent. Trying to pretend you have some kind of deep insight into what i feel and what I'm thinking based on ascii characters on a screen .. that one never gets old :mrgreen:

Re: McCanns sitting on £750k for "new search"

Post by Dean » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:22 pm

I’ve never understood the obsession with the McCanns case in particular. Hundreds of children go missing every year, some because of neglectful parents I’d imagine. Fuck knows why this case is any different to all the others...

Re: McCanns sitting on £750k for "new search"

Post by Cannydc » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:18 pm

"But hey, it's all good though. Leaving your children alone for three hours a night in an unlocked apartment you can't see, while you go out and cane 10 bottles of wine with your buddies is all good because was only the last four nights. at the same time each night. after you've expressed concern that you felt you were being watched.
TWATkins"

Your obvious obsession is really quite disturbing - and one reason I tend to eschew these kinds of discussions normally.

The idea that people form some sort of deep emotional connection with the lives of people they don't know, haven't met and will never meet creeps me out.

Good luck to the McCanns. Endex.

Re: McCanns sitting on £750k for "new search"

Post by Rolluplostinspace » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:57 pm

TWATkins wrote:But they'll only part with it once the £11 million pounds (and counting..) of public money finally dries up ..

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/m ... 0-11995167

Seven hundred and fifty grand really isn't very much Twat.

Re: McCanns sitting on £750k for "new search"

Post by TWATkins » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:53 pm

Cannydc wrote:Rubbish. More over egging of your pudding.

The group made a "special arrangement" to book a particular table so they could sit outside, 50 metres from where their children lay sleeping. (Evidence from a waiter at the tapas restaurant)

It was 2 minutes tops.

They were there for the last 4 nights. Not every night.

And they were checking the children every 20 minutes.


This is your "50 meters away" .. the arrow points to the view of their apartment that they would have had.

Image

I'm surprised you didn't trot out the old favourite that it was "like having dinner at the bottom of your garden".

But hey, it's all good though. Leaving your children alone for three hours a night in an unlocked apartment you can't see, while you go out and cane 10 bottles of wine with your buddies is all good because was only the last four nights. at the same time each night. after you've expressed concern that you felt you were being watched.

Top