Labour and Brexit.

Post a reply


This question is a means of identifying and preventing automated submissions.
Smilies
eyebrow :header: :woteva: :yikes: :smilin: :bawlin: :wubbers: :canny: :nelix: :trollface: :wurms: :doomed: :wubwub: :leer: :grrrrr: :cuppaT: :more beer: :ooer: :whistle: :link: :cronos: :whogives: :dafinger: :Lucia: :pukeup: :Hiya: :paranoid: :bored: :gigglesnshit: :Wiiiine!: :choc: :flog: :twirl: :pmsl: :brickwall: :artist: :dunno: :pointlaugh: :cheers: :yess: :bum: :snooty: :thud: :shell: :shake head: :thumbsup: :hap: :hand: :shame: :popcorn: :monkey: :off head: :bell: :shoot: :mrgreen: :roll: :oops: :razz: :laughing: :cool: :kinell: :wink: :drool: :grub: :awesome: :slap: :again?: :burfday: :srs?:
View more smilies
BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[flash] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON
Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Labour and Brexit.

Re: Labour and Brexit.

Post by Punk » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:17 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Punk wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Labour are as divided over Europe as the Tories.
Possibly even more so.
We are in a serious mess here.
No one has the bottle to stop this Brexit madness or it would seem a mandate to do so.
This country is destroying itself.
Would you want to invest here?


Whilst I agree with all of that I do have to think that some good must come out of this, but when??? It could be a very very long time coming


Another generation of no Tory majority will be the result. They had to wait 23 years for the slimmest. :gigglesnshit:


I am well aware of your own distorted views of history, please stop acting like a scratched record because one cannot turn back time


Name the last three Conservative majorities in elections. My reckoning is 1987, 1992 and 2015. Now minus 1992 from 2015 and one gets 23. I am well aware of your own distorted views of history, please stop acting like a scratched record. :gigglesnshit:

Re: Labour and Brexit.

Post by LordRaven » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:59 pm

Punk wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Labour are as divided over Europe as the Tories.
Possibly even more so.
We are in a serious mess here.
No one has the bottle to stop this Brexit madness or it would seem a mandate to do so.
This country is destroying itself.
Would you want to invest here?


Whilst I agree with all of that I do have to think that some good must come out of this, but when??? It could be a very very long time coming


Another generation of no Tory majority will be the result. They had to wait 23 years for the slimmest. :gigglesnshit:


I am well aware of your own distorted views of history, please stop acting like a scratched record because one cannot turn back time

Re: Labour and Brexit.

Post by Punk » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:32 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Labour are as divided over Europe as the Tories.
Possibly even more so.
We are in a serious mess here.
No one has the bottle to stop this Brexit madness or it would seem a mandate to do so.
This country is destroying itself.
Would you want to invest here?


Whilst I agree with all of that I do have to think that some good must come out of this, but when??? It could be a very very long time coming


Another generation of no Tory majority will be the result. They had to wait 23 years for the slimmest. :gigglesnshit:

Re: Labour and Brexit.

Post by LordRaven » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:28 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Labour are as divided over Europe as the Tories.
Possibly even more so.
We are in a serious mess here.
No one has the bottle to stop this Brexit madness or it would seem a mandate to do so.
This country is destroying itself.
Would you want to invest here?


Whilst I agree with all of that I do have to think that some good must come out of this, but when??? It could be a very very long time coming

Re: Labour and Brexit.

Post by Stooo » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:44 pm

Gigabit wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Gigabit wrote:Corbyn is playing the long-game. Simple as that.

So we don't know then and it's never simple.


Wait for GE or tide to turn, back EEA. Job done.


Still shit.

Re: Labour and Brexit.

Post by MungoBrush » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:41 pm

Gigabit wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Gigabit wrote:Corbyn is playing the long-game. Simple as that.

So we don't know then and it's never simple.


Wait for GE or tide to turn, back EEA. Job done.


Stephen Kinnock has just said (7:40pm) on BBC News that there are no major differences between the Conservatives and Labour on Brexit
Just "nuances"

Re: Labour and Brexit.

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:22 pm

“Ex-cabinet minister Justine Greening has become the first senior Tory to endorse a second Brexit referendum, in a major intervention where she branded Theresa May's Brexit plan the "worst of both worlds".

The former education secretary said Ms May's Chequer's proposals for a common rule book with the EU were a "fudge" and indicated that other senior Conservatives privately supported her calls for a fresh vote.“

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 48856.html

:wurms: :gigglesnshit:

Re: Labour and Brexit.

Post by Rolluplostinspace » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:31 am

This long game .... I thought it was getting shorter.

Re: Labour and Brexit.

Post by Gigabit » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:28 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Gigabit wrote:Corbyn is playing the long-game. Simple as that.

So we don't know then and it's never simple.


Wait for GE or tide to turn, back EEA. Job done.

Re: Labour and Brexit.

Post by Rolluplostinspace » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:23 am

Gigabit wrote:Corbyn is playing the long-game. Simple as that.

So we don't know then and it's never simple.

Re: Labour and Brexit.

Post by Rolluplostinspace » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:21 am

Punk wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:I had a feeling this thread would be a quiet one.
Labour supporters don't have a clue where the leader will stand where the party will stand and where just now the members stand.
Difficult isn't it.
Brexit should never have been called.
I don't recall a public demanding a referendum on the issue of Europe.
Anyone else remember a public crying out for this chaos?
I remember two politicians calling it.
Fist Mister Mirage them Cameron.


Labour's National Executive make/amend policies, I believe, and not the leader.

That's why I separated out the leader.

Re: Labour and Brexit.

Post by Gigabit » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:50 am

Corbyn is playing the long-game. Simple as that.

Re: Labour and Brexit.

Post by Punk » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:05 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:I had a feeling this thread would be a quiet one.
Labour supporters don't have a clue where the leader will stand where the party will stand and where just now the members stand.
Difficult isn't it.
Brexit should never have been called.
I don't recall a public demanding a referendum on the issue of Europe.
Anyone else remember a public crying out for this chaos?
I remember two politicians calling it.
Fist Mister Mirage them Cameron.


Labour's National Executive make/amend policies, I believe, and not the leader.

Re: Labour and Brexit.

Post by Cobs » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:34 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:I had a feeling this thread would be a quiet one.
Labour supporters don't have a clue where the leader will stand where the party will stand and where just now the members stand.
Difficult isn't it.
Brexit should never have been called.
I don't recall a public demanding a referendum on the issue of Europe.
Anyone else remember a public crying out for this chaos?
I remember two politicians calling it.
Fist Mister Mirage them Cameron.


Brexit is obviously turning out to be a poisoned chalice to implement. Labour would do no better probably but Corbyn will be laughing his cock off if the Tory vote splinters to a ukip style entity. Dave got lucky on Indyref and rolled the dice again, wind the clock back we cannot.

Re: Labour and Brexit.

Post by Rolluplostinspace » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:40 pm

I had a feeling this thread would be a quiet one.
Labour supporters don't have a clue where the leader will stand where the party will stand and where just now the members stand.
Difficult isn't it.
Brexit should never have been called.
I don't recall a public demanding a referendum on the issue of Europe.
Anyone else remember a public crying out for this chaos?
I remember two politicians calling it.
Fist Mister Mirage them Cameron.

Top