Micky and his forum

Old threads that got too big or just faded away.

Re: Micky and his forum

Postby NAA » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:13 am

canon wrote:I personally don't get the big deal with posting a piccy of yourself. I mean, what's the worst thing that can happen? Some sad and bored person making a few distorted changes in photoshop? Another sad and bored person claiming that said photo is them, when infact it isn't? :dunno:

FB has real pics of people. Myspace and bebo also...

Depends upon the forum. I used to post on a forum where everyone had their own pic on their avatar and used to happily post personal pics on the forum, no problems at all. On another posting a pic meant it would probably find its way to a Sex site contacts/dogging site....
Posting one on this little group will mean that at some point JO WILL be using it as his avatar on the various sites he posts on.
NAA

Postby canon » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:15 am

Fenella wrote:
canon wrote:I personally don't get the big deal with posting a piccy of yourself. I mean, what's the worst thing that can happen? Some sad and bored person making a few distorted changes in photoshop? Another sad and bored person claiming that said photo is them, when infact it isn't? :dunno:

But people who post their own pic invariably get upset when that happens.

Im sure some people do, but others might weigh the odds up before posting a photo of themselves and not really be bothered either way what happens to it.
canon

Postby NAA » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:20 am

Plus I dont think comparing Facebook or MySpace with the typical forum is a good comparison. FB is meant as a networking site. you show your own face, have your real details, you activing SEEK real contact. MySpace the same, its a showcase for your work/interest, such as music/art/writing etc.

Forums are the exact opposite and most prefer to remain anonymous exept for a few minor personal details. I think its a bad idea to mix FB/MySpace with forums, its always going to cuase problems.

I DO have FB account, but its pretty locked up, I have ONLY real life contacts on it, Forum life has nothing to do with the real people I network with on FB.
NAA

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:21 am

How come DreamTwister and MMM are in red as admin and Micky is in black? Is he not admin?

Postby canon » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:42 am

NAA wrote:

Depends upon the forum. I used to post on a forum where everyone had their own pic on their avatar and used to happily post personal pics on the forum, no problems at all. On another posting a pic meant it would probably find its way to a Sex site contacts/dogging site....
Posting one on this little group will mean that at some point JO WILL be using it as his avatar on the various sites he posts on.

Yes, that's true - perish the thought :paranoid:

I suppose the odds are increased if you post your pic on some forums, but they would be the ones to avoid posting your pic on in the first place. I guess you never can be 100% sure though, which also applies to social networking sites, where people are more inclined to post lots of photos of themselves.
canon

Postby Rockstar » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:03 am

NAA wrote:I was watching that Photo Thread on FH too and thinking, this is soooooooo going to end in tears....... 23 guests were watching and clicking too..

Link ??
Rockstar

Postby NAA » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:37 pm

Rockstar wrote:
NAA wrote:I was watching that Photo Thread on FH too and thinking, this is soooooooo going to end in tears....... 23 guests were watching and clicking too..

Link ??

http://www.freshhorizon.co.uk/anything- ... -pics.html
NAA

Postby NAA » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:49 pm

FH server seems to be having some sort of technical problem at the moment. If it isnt pixies I would hazard a guess and say it may be the infamous and much feared forum phenomenon of
"Death By Bunny emote."
NAA

Postby Stooo » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:57 pm

NAA wrote:FH server seems to be having some sort of technical problem at the moment. If it isnt pixies I would hazard a guess and say it may be the infamous and much feared forum phenomenon of
"Death By Bunny emote."

There goes our average IQ :mrgreen:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby NAA » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:02 pm

Stooo wrote:
NAA wrote:FH server seems to be having some sort of technical problem at the moment. If it isnt pixies I would hazard a guess and say it may be the infamous and much feared forum phenomenon of
"Death By Bunny emote."

There goes our average IQ :mrgreen:

Quick add 20 bunny emotes.

Here, have mine.:

NAA

Previous

Return to The Archive old