TV Shows.

Re: TV Shows.

Postby MG2 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:50 am

dis wrote:I watched Save Me on sky Atlantic.

I thought I would hate it the first few minutes in but I got hooked. I watched Collateral over the last few nights, it was ok. I still have Trauma waiting to watch but no sure I am in the mood for that the now after Save Me.

I am kind of stuck for stuff to watch, I hate not having something lined up to watch at night. I have been saving the episodes of Marcella up so I can watch a few in a row. I usually don't like Anna Friel but I thought she was really good in the first series.

Hi Dis, we have similar viewing tastes.

Collateral was goodish, and like you I'm not keen on Anna Friel but quite liked Marcella. Save me was in another class, brilliantly acted and gritty as. Looking forward to a second series as it's about the best thing I've watched recently.

Currently working my way through Keeping Faith, not bad.
MG2

Postby Kiki » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:09 pm

we tend to watch anything crime series related, with at least five to six series/seasons available. To name but a few...

Criminal minds
Dexter
Bones
The Shield
Top of my rating would have to be Justified. Brilliant....loved Walton Goggins in it. He was the star of the show by a long way. :yess:

Edited to say we are quite enjoying watching Elementary at the moment.
Kiki

Postby Keyser » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:22 am

Kiki wrote:we tend to watch anything crime series related, with at least five to six series/seasons available. To name but a few...

Criminal minds
Dexter
Bones
The Shield
Top of my rating would have to be Justified. Brilliant....loved Walton Goggins in it. He was the star of the show by a long way. :yess:

Walton is a superb actor.

I watch too many crime dramas to name and yes Elementary is fun - with the added bonus of Lucy who is simply stunning. :thumbsup:
Keyser

Postby McAz » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:26 pm

Seven Seconds (Netflix) - police corruption drama - bloody awful in places, the content not the show.
McAz

Postby McAz » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:13 pm

McAz wrote:Seven Seconds (Netflix) - police corruption drama - bloody awful in places, the content not the show.

...and moving.
McAz

Postby Avon Barksdale » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:03 pm

McAz wrote:Seven Seconds (Netflix) - police corruption drama - bloody awful in places, the content not the show.

Ahhh, I was wondering about that. I've seen similar comments online by other people.

Going to give that one a miss.
Avon Barksdale

Postby McAz » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:36 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:

Ahhh, I was wondering about that. I've seen similar comments online by other people.

Going to give that one a miss.

It's worth watching - but if you're not in the mood perhaps a little too emotionally engaging for those who believe in fairness, justice etc.
McAz

Postby jp761 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:20 pm

Kiki wrote:we tend to watch anything crime series related, with at least five to six series/seasons available. To name but a few...

Criminal minds
Dexter
Bones
The Shield

Good line up of shows.

I'm hoping The 100 will be back very soon, some time in the Spring is the ballpark for it's return.
jp761

Postby MG2 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:22 pm

Watched the last episode of the current Shetland series. It doesn't blow you out of the water but it's okay and beautiful landscapes.
MG2

Postby Kiki » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:41 pm

Keyser wrote:

Criminal minds
Dexter
Bones
The Shield

I watch too many crime dramas to name and yes Elementary is fun - with the added bonus of Lucy who is simply stunning. :thumbsup:

I wish you would name a few actually, it might come in handy for me when I have finished Elementary. :smilin:
Kiki

Postby Keyser » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:22 pm

Kiki wrote:
Keyser wrote:

Criminal minds
Dexter
Bones
The Shield

I wish you would name a few actually, it might come in handy for me when I have finished Elementary. :smilin:

Ok - past and present some of the recent best are/were that you have not mentioned. :Hiya:

The Wire.
Southland.
Sons of Anarchy
The Fall.
The Shadow Line.
Line of Duty.
Happy Valley.
River.
Peaky Blinders.
Ripper Street.
Hinterland.
Shetland.
Unforgotten.
Fargo.
Person of Interest.
The Mentalist.
Castle.
Engrenages (Spiral).
Forbrydelsen (The Killing)
Bron/Broen (The Bridge)
Inspector Montalbano.
Wallender both the Krister Henriksson and Kenneth Branagh versions.
Braquo (not seen it yet but it has excellent reviews).
Breaking Bad - ditto.
Deadwood - seen the first series and need to catch up.

Currently Marcella is bonkers but fun as well - there are more - those are just off the top of my head. :laughing:
Keyser

Postby Keyser » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:01 pm

Forgot McMafia, Grantchester, Whitechapel and Vera! :canny:
Keyser

Postby Kiki » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:55 pm

Keyser wrote:Forgot McMafia, Grantchester, Whitechapel and Vera! :canny:

Thank you for the list, it's very helpful. :yess:
Some I have come across before like Son's of Anarchy (might give it a try sometime) after all I believe Walton is in it? :laughing: I did also see The Bridge but the trailer I watched wasn't in English so I gave up on it, but you obviously can get it so I will def take another look for it.

Have you seen The Americans?
I don't often go back to a series once I run out of episodes but they are making a last series this year and will probably get that when I can.
Kiki

Postby Dean » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:20 pm

Kiki wrote:

Some I have come across before like Son's of Anarchy (might give it a try sometime) after all I believe Walton is in it? :laughing: I did also see The Bridge but the trailer I watched wasn't in English so I gave up on it, but you obviously can get it so I will def take another look for it.

I don't often go back to a series once I run out of episodes but they are making a last series this year and will probably get that when I can.

He only plays a small part in Sons of Anarchy as a transvestite...
Dean

Postby Kiki » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:07 pm

Dean wrote:
Kiki wrote:

He only plays a small part in Sons of Anarchy as a transvestite...

Oh yeah, I do remember reading that now you come to mention it. I'm not sure that's how I want to see him really, so I think I will carry on checking some of the others on the list. :smilin:
Kiki

PreviousNext

Return to TV And Radio