TV Shows.

Re: TV Shows.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:35 am

Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Dean wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:I didn’t see those either, she’s been around longer than I thought then.

She’s very good in “The Missing” and “Line of duty”... Two of the very best British series I’ve ever watched...

Oh I completely forgot about those. See what I mean, an understated star.

Or tunnel vision, a trait of yours. :thumbsup:

:kinell: What do you mean?
Just because we’re on opposing sides on just about everything doesn’t mean you’re right and I’m wrong.
Old men are so stubborn!
Lady Murasaki

Postby jp761 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:07 pm

Trapper John wrote:Watched that first episode of 'Deep State' last night, looks like it could be good.

Be prepared for lots of twists and turns, confusion and lies and several storylines on the go at once, right from the off.

So basically standard spy fodder but needs a few episodes to see if it can be a cut above average.

Mark Strong is the only recognisable face which is often not a bad thing, oh and the guy who plays Podric? I think, in Game of Thrones, they're looking to be the main characters as the story develops and the two principle females, maybe a third, I reckon.

Not given anything away BTW. :thumbsup:
Deep State is bloody brilliant. The sound and picture quality is also awesome, some Dramas could learn a thing or two about clear dialogue from the producers of Deep State.
jp761

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:31 pm

Trapper John wrote:Has anyone been watching that 'Kiss me First' on Channel 4?

It's apparently a Netflix series, going out worldwide later this year. It's quite strange and I'm not too sure what it's all about but it's oddly compelling when you watch it.

It’s about someone, very creepy, manipulating vulnerable youngsters to kill themselves under the guise of helping them in an alternative avatar universe.
The episode I’ve got to is where one of them, our heroine, has figured out what’s going on and is about to kick some ass.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Trapper John » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:38 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:

It's apparently a Netflix series, going out worldwide later this year. It's quite strange and I'm not too sure what it's all about but it's oddly compelling when you watch it.

It’s about someone, very creepy, manipulating vulnerable youngsters to kill themselves under the guise of helping them in an alternative avatar universe.
The episode I’ve got to is where one of them, our heroine, has figured out what’s going on and is about to kick some ass.

Aye, I just don't know what the creepy one is up to. I missed the first episode but gathered what it was about after that. The next episode you haven't seen gets really gritty.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:56 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Aye, I just don't know what the creepy one is up to. I missed the first episode but gathered what it was about after that. The next episode you haven't seen gets really gritty.

Probably power tripping, it’s the modern day chess.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Trapper John » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:27 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

I thought that Adrian is it? was gonna be her old teacher but it aint.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Kiki » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:57 pm

Keyser wrote:Longmire is another cracking crime show Kiki! :cuppaT:

I am still working my way through Ripper Street at the moment, but did manage to watch some Longmire at the weekend to see what it was like.............I love it!!! :thumbsup:

A couple of weeks ago I was worried I wasn't going to find anything much to watch, but after reading this thread, I am now spoiled for choice! :mrgreen:
Kiki

Postby Keyser » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:09 pm

Kiki wrote:
Keyser wrote:Longmire is another cracking crime show Kiki! :cuppaT:

I am still working my way through Ripper Street at the moment, but did manage to watch some Longmire at the weekend to see what it was like.............I love it!!! :thumbsup:

A couple of weeks ago I was worried I wasn't going to find anything much to watch, but after reading this thread, I am now spoiled for choice! :mrgreen:

Really pleased to have helped Kiki! :Hiya:

Not seen the last Series of Ripper Street yet though. :smilin:
Keyser

Postby MG2 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:59 pm

Watched the first episode of Split last night on BBC1. It has potential and some good actors.
MG2

Postby dis » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:57 pm

I finished Marcella and I have not a fucking scoob what goes on, it doesn't make sense. It did my head in. :grrrrr:
dis

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:30 am

Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

I thought that Adrian is it? was gonna be her old teacher but it aint.

Spoilers! I haven’t got that far yet.

Spoiler: show
i reckon it’s the creepy psychiatrist, the one trying to get Tessa to stay at the ‘unit’.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Keyser » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:43 pm

dis wrote:I finished Marcella and I have not a fucking scoob what goes on, it doesn't make sense. It did my head in. :grrrrr:

I found it very easy to follow but absolutely preposterous - so much so though that it's highly entertaining.

Series three will have Miss 'I'm Not Well' flouncing about undercover with her new 'Joker' smile (which of course no one will notice)!

Should be a right laugh! :mrgreen:
Keyser

Postby Keyser » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:05 pm

This has been the most interesting series of Homeland in a long time, on a factual note really enjoying Britain's Great Cathedrals with Tony Robinson and Britain's Most Historic Towns with the lovely Alice Roberts.

Easy but informative viewing.

Taped the second series of Salamander to binge watch.

Sexy Sinara is dead in AOS!

Bugger! :bawlin:

Still not started on the the third series of Gotham from the boxset I have bought but recording series four from E4 for later in the year as well. :cuppaT:
Keyser

Postby Trapper John » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:40 pm

Whilst watching football on BT Sport last Tuesday evening, during a break they advertised a series they were airing on their BT channel, it looked good so I hunted it down elsewhere and found it.

The makers are AMC of The Walking Dead fame and this is an original mini series of theirs called 'The Terror'

It isn't a horror as the title might suggest, 'The Terror' and 'The Erebus' were two (fictional) mid 19th century state of the art ships, purpose built for traversing the icy seas around the poles, specifically in this case the north pole, charged with finding the Northwest Passage - the fabled link between the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.

When I say it's not a horror there is a good deal of supernaturalness to it and the horror is not least in the adversity the two ships and their crews faced when the expedition falters in the sea ice.

I liked it a lot, it's moody and atmospheric and a good insight into the way men worked and lived aboard naval ships of the Victorian era.

If you have the ability to find it, make an effort and watch it, you won't be disappointed with this period drama. Ten, near hour long episodes eaten up in three sittings for me, great. :smilin:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Dean » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:19 pm

Trapper John wrote:Whilst watching football on BT Sport last Tuesday evening, during a break they advertised a series they were airing on their BT channel, it looked good so I hunted it down elsewhere and found it.

The makers are AMC of The Walking Dead fame and this is an original mini series of theirs called 'The Terror'

It isn't a horror as the title might suggest, 'The Terror' and 'The Erebus' were two (fictional) mid 19th century state of the art ships, purpose built for traversing the icy seas around the poles, specifically in this case the north pole, charged with finding the Northwest Passage - the fabled link between the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.

When I say it's not a horror there is a good deal of supernaturalness to it and the horror is not least in the adversity the two ships and their crews faced when the expedition falters in the sea ice.

I liked it a lot, it's moody and atmospheric and a good insight into the way men worked and lived aboard naval ships of the Victorian era.

If you have the ability to find it, make an effort and watch it, you won't be disappointed with this period drama. Ten, near hour long episodes eaten up in three sittings for me, great. :smilin:

Sounds good, nice one :thumbsup:
Dean

PreviousNext

Return to TV And Radio