TV Shows.

Reality, Sports, Game Shows and films You name it. Yak about it in here.

Re: TV Shows.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:27 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:Chernobyl is frightening, Communists can't run nuclear power stations and there's a chance Corbyn might be elected quite soon.

On June 27, 1954, the world's first nuclear power station to generate electricity for a power grid, the Obninsk Nuclear Power Plant, started operations in Obninsk, the Soviet Union. Those dirty commies were first at many things which shows a great education system and industrial base.
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 8492
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: TV Shows.

Postby Nucks » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:44 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:Chernobyl is frightening, Communists can't run nuclear power stations and there's a chance Corbyn might be elected quite soon.

On June 27, 1954, the world's first nuclear power station to generate electricity for a power grid, the Obninsk Nuclear Power Plant, started operations in Obninsk, the Soviet Union. Those dirty commies were first at many things which shows a great education system and industrial base.


I think what Chernobyl (the series) did well was demonstrate the downside of such perfection, to the point where they were in massive denial to themselves and the world, and with deadly consequences.
User avatar
Nucks
 
Posts: 7349
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:59 am
Location: Behind the curtains

Re: TV Shows.

Postby dr synne » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:53 pm

Any mentioned What we do in the Shadows.Comedy about vampires living in modern America. Enjoying that at the moment.
User avatar
dr synne
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:11 pm

Re: TV Shows.

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:13 am

Nucks wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:Chernobyl is frightening, Communists can't run nuclear power stations and there's a chance Corbyn might be elected quite soon.

On June 27, 1954, the world's first nuclear power station to generate electricity for a power grid, the Obninsk Nuclear Power Plant, started operations in Obninsk, the Soviet Union. Those dirty commies were first at many things which shows a great education system and industrial base.


I think what Chernobyl (the series) did well was demonstrate the downside of such perfection, to the point where they were in massive denial to themselves and the world, and with deadly consequences.


Nothing perfect about it, they did everything on the cheap and because of that the safety standards were lower than in the West.

I take it neither of you watched the programme?
User avatar
Ray of Sunshine
 
Posts: 4811
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:40 pm

Re: TV Shows.

Postby Nucks » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:31 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:
Nucks wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:Chernobyl is frightening, Communists can't run nuclear power stations and there's a chance Corbyn might be elected quite soon.

On June 27, 1954, the world's first nuclear power station to generate electricity for a power grid, the Obninsk Nuclear Power Plant, started operations in Obninsk, the Soviet Union. Those dirty commies were first at many things which shows a great education system and industrial base.


I think what Chernobyl (the series) did well was demonstrate the downside of such perfection, to the point where they were in massive denial to themselves and the world, and with deadly consequences.


Nothing perfect about it, they did everything on the cheap and because of that the safety standards were lower than in the West.

I take it neither of you watched the programme?


Yes I watched it. Their need to be seen as perfect was more what I was referring to, not actually being perfect.
User avatar
Nucks
 
Posts: 7349
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:59 am
Location: Behind the curtains

Previous

Return to Showbiz

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests