FILM WATCH - Reviews and Views of the Latest Films

FILM WATCH - Reviews and Views of the Latest Films

Postby Trapper John » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:01 am

I Spit On Your Grave 2: Streamed it last night, decent DVD quality copy on the Web.

Completely different scenario from the original 'Cult Classic'....This time, sees a struggling young American model play victim/heroine as she falls prey to a vicious gang of Romanian sex traffickers.

Not quite as graphic as the first film but enough to get the mind racing. A scene close to the end will find every male watching, sitting with tightly crossed legs and wincing uncontrollably. :gigglesnshit:

A must for any women harbouring thoughts of exacting revenge against the male gender.

A better film than I expected, worth a view. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Re: FILM WATCH - Reviews and Views of the Latest Films

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:37 pm

Is it a chick flick then?
Lady Murasaki

Postby weebles wobble » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:59 pm

Trapezerjohn wrote:I Spit On Your Grave 2: Streamed it last night, decent DVD quality copy on the Web.

Completely different scenario from the original 'Cult Classic'....This time, sees a struggling young American model play victim/heroine as she falls prey to a vicious gang of Romanian sex traffickers.

Not quite as graphic as the first film but enough to get the mind racing. A scene close to the end will find every male watching, sitting with tightly crossed legs and wincing uncontrollably. :gigglesnshit:

A must for any women harbouring thoughts of exacting revenge against the male gender.

i thought she'd have done more to the guy with the cattle prod
i was quite disappointed :(
it had a ring of hostel about it

just watched curse of chucky
the guy that played the priest was so wooden,they could have sawn him in half
and made a couple of doors and a fucking coffee table
weebles wobble

Postby Trapper John » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:23 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:Is it a chick flick then?

Not really, guess you've never heard about the original....Basically the girl is gang raped and abused to the point of death.

She lives and exacts a terrible revenge on each one of her abusers, in exotic and novel ways.
Last edited by Trapper John on Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:29 pm

weebles wobble wrote:
Trapezerjohn wrote:I Spit On Your Grave 2: Streamed it last night, decent DVD quality copy on the Web.

i thought she'd have done more to the guy with the cattle prod
i was quite disappointed :(
it had a ring of hostel about it

just watched curse of chucky
the guy that played the priest was so wooden,they could have sawn him in half
and made a couple of doors and a fucking coffee table

Never watched another Chucky film after the original (Child's Play) I think?

Didn't think there was any further to go with the character or the story, after that.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:31 pm

Trapezerjohn wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Is it a chick flick then?

Not really, guess you've never heard about the original....Basically the girl is gang raped and abused to the point of death.

She lives and exacts a terrible revenge on each one of her abusers, in exotic and novel ways.

I'll take the girls for a girlie nite out next time :thumbsup:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Trapper John » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:05 pm

Riddick: Rule the Dark. Low quality DVD grade but far better than a cinema camcorder copy, can be found without too much trouble.

Third film (I think) in the 'Chronicles of Riddick' film franchise.

Vin Diesel, again plays the eponymous anti hero back on another desolate world, where every living thing wants to kill and eat you. Left for dead and stranded, he is looking for a way off the godforsaken rock.

He eventually discovers an old beacon station and alerts interested parties to his whereabouts. Cue the arrival of two separate groups of mercenaries eager to capture Riddick for different reasons.....but of course a greater danger lurks on the horizon, which threatens the lives of all.

This film goes back to the more successful format of the original in the film series, 'Pitch Black' though there are enough differences to make it original in it's own right. Vin Diesel fans will love the return of Riddick at his brutal and honest best.

Certainly watchable Sci Fi without being too complicated for novices of the genre, with plenty of suspense and action.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:21 am

Pacific Rim: Have tried to watch this several times but net uploads have been poor quality. DVD/HD quality have been available for a few weeks now, so finally got round to watching it in full, last night. Long film, almost 2hrs 15mins.

Set in the near future, mankind's existence is threatened by alien invasion, this time not from space but from deep beneath the Pacific Ocean, where a rift in the Earth's crust has opened a wormhole to another dimension. Through this hole come gigantic monsters which lay waste to populated coastal areas around the world.

Conventional weapons prove only partly successful in stopping the creatures, so the world pools it's resources and creates the 'Jaegers' huge humanoid robotic war machines, controlled by pairs of pilots working in tandem.

After almost 7 years of battling the monsters, who become bigger and more powerful each year, we are left with a 'last stand' scenario in Hong Kong and at the rift opening, the last remaining Jaegers have to close the wormhole or mankind is finished.

Owes a lot to Japanese comic book culture, in the vain of 'Godzilla vs Whatever' but much classier, with excellent CG battle scenes. A human storyline within the film tries to elevate with partial success but, the action scenes and epic scale of the film, is what it's all about.

Good film and would certainly have benefitted from a cinema viewing but a streaming or DVD viewing allows you to pause the action for a break, in what can be a 'bum cheek' numbing experience.

Good watch for those who enjoy this type of film, won't disappoint.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby jason bourne » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:42 am

elysium

jodie foster's accent is way dodgy
but that aside,it's quite simply,the bollocks

loved it
jason bourne

Postby Trapper John » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:24 am

jason bourne wrote:elysium

loved it

Yes, she should avoid playing foreigners again :gigglesnshit: , though I quite liked it too, I thought more 'epic' battle scenes might have given it a lift.

Oblivion is another which promised much but could have delivered more......though I also liked it.

Also in the same vain are After Earth with Will Smith and son and World War Z, with Brad Pitt.

These recent Sci Fi/Futurist dramas are all well worth a watch, even if you aren't a great fan of the genre. I would rate them all 6 out of 10 or above with - in my opinion - World War Z being the best of the bunch, which surprised me as I didn't think it would be, before watching them.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby jason bourne » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:51 am

Trapezerjohn wrote:

loved it

Yes, she should avoid playing foreigners again :gigglesnshit: , though I quite liked it too, I thought more 'epic' battle scenes might have given it a lift.

Oblivion is another which promised much but could have delivered more......though I also liked it.

Also in the same vain are After Earth with Will Smith and son and World War Z, with Brad Pitt.

These recent Sci Fi/Futurist dramas are all well worth a watch, even if you aren't a great fan of the genre. I would rate them all 6 out of 10 or above with - in my opinion - World War Z being the best of the bunch, which surprised me as I didn't think it would be, before watching them.

the different take on zombies in world war z were what made it for me

and the special effects when the fuckers were climbing the walls in israel
were fucking awesome
jason bourne

Postby Trapper John » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:17 pm

jason bourne wrote:
Trapezerjohn wrote:

loved it

the different take on zombies in world war z were what made it for me

and the special effects when the fuckers were climbing the walls in israel
were fucking awesome

Yeah, they were.....my attention was grabbed from the moment he gets out of the car in the traffic jam, at the beginning of the film to have words with the traffic cop on the motorbike and what ensues immediately after that......it was an entertaining film all round.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:38 pm

It takes a lot to make me cry and cringe watching a film but this one does the lot. Keeps you on the edge of your seat from start to finish. Absolutely fantastic. Will buy it when I can.

:thumbsup:

Postby Mark » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:28 am

just got round to watching Django

another fine tarantino gem imho

loved the cameo by franco

and samuel L played his part superbly...........................good fun film, tho violent
loved the German

BANG...........sorry, i couldn't resist :smilin:
Mark

Postby hilary clinton » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:10 am

white house down

wtf was james woods thinking ? :( jingoistic american bollocks
hilary clinton

Next

Return to TV And Radio