FILM WATCH - Reviews and Views of the Latest Films

Re: FILM WATCH - Reviews and Views of the Latest Films

Postby Trapper John » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:15 pm

Maleficent: Reworking of the Snow White story and other fairy tales, rolled into one. Entertaining and a good film for a relaxing watch with older kids from about 6 years to early teens.

Appleseed - Alpha: Stumbled across this excellent and quality CGI rendition of the Japanese Manga genre. Full feature length film following the exploits of a sexy soldier girl and her Cyborg friend/ lover, trying to survive in the aftermath of WW3.

Worth watching for the top quality CGI alone, the action sequences are great and the storyline is ok too.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Snuffleupagus » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:38 pm

Anyone here seen Dawn of The Planet of The Apes yet?
Snuffleupagus

Postby Trapper John » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:59 am

Snuffleupagus wrote:Anyone here seen Dawn of The Planet of The Apes yet?

No, but it looks awesome from the trailers - the first of these new ones was on again at the weekend, I'd forgotten just what a good film it was. Can't wait to see this next one.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Snuffleupagus » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:27 am

Trapezerjohn wrote:

No, but it looks awesome from the trailers - the first of these new ones was on again at the weekend, I'd forgotten just what a good film it was. Can't wait to see this next one.

I'm off to see it at the cinema in 3D tonight Tj, will let you know tomorrow what I think - not my kind of film normally but we struck a deal - The House of Magic is next. :gigglesnshit:
Snuffleupagus

Postby Trapper John » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:56 am

Snuffleupagus wrote:
Trapezerjohn wrote:

I'm off to see it at the cinema in 3D tonight Tj, will let you know tomorrow what I think - not my kind of film normally but we struck a deal - The House of Magic is next. :gigglesnshit:

Have you not seen the first one of this new series? ..... it's a must really before you see the second, it was on TV at the weekend.

Can't watch anything in 3D - it makes my eyes hurt after just a few seconds and gives me a raging headache if I persevere.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Snuffleupagus » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:05 am

Trapezerjohn wrote:
Snuffleupagus wrote:
Trapezerjohn wrote:

Have you not seen the first one of this new series? ..... it's a must really before you see the second, it was on TV at the weekend.

Can't watch anything in 3D - it makes my eyes hurt after just a few seconds and gives me a raging headache if I persevere.

No Tj, not seen it, have read a bit about it though so I know a bit of what the story is. Will have to see how I get on. :laughing:
Snuffleupagus

Postby Trapper John » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:44 am

Snuffleupagus wrote:
Trapezerjohn wrote:
Snuffleupagus wrote:
Trapezerjohn wrote:

No Tj, not seen it, have read a bit about it though so I know a bit of what the story is. Will have to see how I get on. :laughing:

I don't think you'll be disappointed the films are quality and excellently made. Nowadays the films made in 'episodes' are much easier to follow and we are more used to watching prequels even if they weren't made as such.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Mark » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:57 am

a few folk i know
watched the first POTA film, but missed the end bit, after the credits

which shows the spread of the disease (caused by the drug which enhanced the apes)

not sure if this is included in the new film
but its kinda important, cos its why humans were on their arses, a global airbourne lethal disease decimating our population, allowing the apes to gain control.

i also cant watch 3D TJ

gives me a headache as well
Mark

Postby Snuffleupagus » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:39 am

Well, Dawn of The Planet of The Apes was fab, the CGI and 3D effects were amazing.

Went to the pub afterwards and folk were saying the same as you two Mark and Tj, that the previous film explains where things are at and how they got there, but there was enough at the start of the film to explain really, plus I'd read about it beforehand.

Thoroughly recommended - if that kind of film can hold my attention for over two hours it must have something. Only bits I wasn't keen on was some of the violence, but that's just because I'm a soppy girl.

So, he's in for The House of Magic next, how the fellas in the pub laughed. :laughing:
Snuffleupagus

Postby plank » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:37 am

starred up..like a cunt i believed the radio/tv hype
of how brilliant it was
so thought i'd give it bash :pmsl: :brickwall:

what a load of fucking shit..
plank

Postby Snuffleupagus » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:03 pm

Saw The House of Magic in 3D last week:

:wubwub:
Snuffleupagus

Postby Snuffleupagus » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:36 am

Saw The Inbetweeners 2 yesterday evening, if you like The Inbetweeners you'll bliddy love this, better than the first film too. :thumbsup:

I shan't say too much.... :mrgreen:
Snuffleupagus

Postby Sunny » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:37 pm

I went and saw the apes and loved it, happen to see it in a summer cinema on the island I was staying at, was brilliant I really enjoyed it. That Koba was a right kunt.

But I like Caesar and a good looking ape, well considering koba and some others in it lol.....oh and caesars son was nice looking ape too. :razz: :gigglesnshit:

Sunny

Location: White Hart Lane.. Champions league winners. 2018/2019

Postby Trapper John » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:57 am

Sunny wrote:I went and saw the apes and loved it, happen to see it in a summer cinema on the island I was staying at, was brilliant I really enjoyed it. That Koba was a right kunt.

But I like Caesar and a good looking ape, well considering koba and some others in it lol.....oh and caesars son was nice looking ape too. :razz: :gigglesnshit:

Getting a bit worried about you Sunny, finding hairy simians attractive. :kinell: ..... VILS had a thing for hairy monkey's, said it was because he was kidnapped by a group of them when he was a baby....bit like a poor man's Tarzan :laughing:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:00 am

Watched Wolf Creek 2 last night - not a patch on the first one - gore for gore's sake.
Trapper John
Gunner.

PreviousNext

Return to TV And Radio