The Strain

The Strain

Postby Trapper John » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:01 pm

Found this excellent horror drama series by accident the other day, if you like The Walking Dead, you'll like this - though it has nothing to do with zombies.

It is written and produced by Guillermo Del Toro of Pan's Labyrinth, Hellboy, Pacific Rim fame amongst others and directed by Peter (Robocop) Weller.

Set in contemporary New York City with flashbacks to 1944 Nazi concentration camps, it starts with a team of CDC (Centre of Disease Control) operatives called to JFK airport when contact is lost with a plane travelling from Europe shortly before landing at JFK airport.

Now on the tarmac, the plane is in complete darkness and the authorities suspect a biological or chemical attack has taken place on board.

I won't say any more about the plot but it is very exciting and very well written and directed - could easily be a new cult series.

It began back in July and shown on FX Canada with 13 episodes. I'm up to episode 9 after back to backing 3 at a time. There are two episodes left to air up to the 5th October - hoping it will get a second season because there are few really good series about these days.

Like I say, if you like horror dramas, you'll love this.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Re: The Strain

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:06 am

More gore on the way when The Strain returns in 2015 for a second season.
CEO of FX Networks, John Landgraf, has announced that their hit horror drama will keep the scares coming for a 13-episode second season.
:thumbsup:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Mark » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:29 am

I see a trailer for this
thought it looked good

so shall give it a go

cheers guys
Mark

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:21 am

the leftovers was my pick of the summer new series
it gets pretty fucking emotional
was good even if you still dont know what the fuck is going on....
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Trapper John » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:08 am

Big Fat Frosty wrote:the leftovers was my pick of the summer new series
it gets pretty fucking emotional
was good even if you still dont know what the fuck is going on....

That's the series I was looking for when I came across The Strain and got side tracked after watching the pilot. I'm gonna start with it once I've finished these last couple of aired Strain episodes. :thumbsup:

There's another one I was looking for as well, think it's called 'Legends' or something like that, got Sean Bean in it I think.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:13 am

Big Fat Frosty wrote:More gore on the way when The Strain returns in 2015 for a second season.
CEO of FX Networks, John Landgraf, has announced that their hit horror drama will keep the scares coming for a 13-episode second season.

I'm chuffed about that, I think it's a real diamond, some of the series I've been watching, like 'the Last Ship' and the '100' for instance, lost my attention a while back.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:45 pm

Trapezerjohn wrote:
Big Fat Frosty wrote:More gore on the way when The Strain returns in 2015 for a second season.

I'm chuffed about that, I think it's a real diamond, some of the series I've been watching, like 'the Last Ship' and the '100' for instance, lost my attention a while back.

liked the last ship hated the 100
yea legends hotting up nicely...
and gotham was fucking tip top series premier
:cuppaT:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Star » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:50 am

What a cracking first episode.
Then it went downhill from there.
Star

Return to TV And Radio