The hundred foot journey

The hundred foot journey

Postby Text » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:11 pm

We all went to see a movie last week. They let me choose. I chose Hellen Mirren's "the hundred foot journey".

Fook me it was funnyyyyyyy. :pmsl: :pmsl:
That film was 100% made for me!!!!
Rivalry between 2 restaurant chefs.

I run a thread about cute/funny one-liners from movies and i got quite a few from that one.
The passionate speech made by the top michelin chef who hired the young actor made my hair stand on end.
The french actress Charlotte le Bon, so pretty, she reminds me of another one french lady audrey taotou.
Hellen Mirren was very classy as usual, as the sniffy snooty owner of a Michelin starred restaurant.

Shot in a picturesque french village, and a huge chunk of the script was in french, which was such a treat, cos it's the only language i can speak well.
I cried for the first time in a months when the family were shown kindness by a stranger and the dad was so touched, he asked if he was dreaming.
Text

Re: The hundred foot journey

Postby Text » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:28 pm

I read the reviews before watching it, they said there wasn't enough cooking in it.

What a lie!!! :pmsl: There was PLENTY of sensual cooking, ... and plenty of shots of beautifully crafted cuisine.

The reviews also lied when they said the romance between the younger cast members was not credible.

It WAS credible and beautiful, they had great chemistry.

There's violence and tragedy in it too.

It's a simple plot about people working hard to achieve their dreams.
Text

Return to TV And Radio