Laurel and Hardy.

Reality, Sports, Game Shows and films You name it. Yak about it in here.

Re: Laurel and Hardy.

Postby Vicky » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:18 pm

Image

A signed photo of Stan and Ollie, it will set you back £699 on E-Bay.
54 Titles And Still Going Strong.

W.A.T.P.
User avatar
Vicky
Site Admin
 
Posts: 63317
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Laurel and Hardy.

Postby Vicky » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:29 am

Image

Stan Laurel is to be commemorated with a plaque on the Glasgow tenement where he grew up.

Stan's family moved to Glasgow when he was a boy and he made his stage debut in the city when he was 16.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-36954379
54 Titles And Still Going Strong.

W.A.T.P.
User avatar
Vicky
Site Admin
 
Posts: 63317
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Laurel and Hardy.

Postby Keyser » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:19 pm

Victoria wrote:Image

Stan Laurel is to be commemorated with a plaque on the Glasgow tenement where he grew up.

Stan's family moved to Glasgow when he was a boy and he made his stage debut in the city when he was 16.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-36954379


Simply immortal Vicky. :wubwub:

I think I may watch one of their shorts on Youtube later on tonight to cheer myself up. :thumbsup:
User avatar
Keyser
 
Posts: 7661
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:25 pm

Re: Laurel and Hardy.

Postby Vicky » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:24 am

54 Titles And Still Going Strong.

W.A.T.P.
User avatar
Vicky
Site Admin
 
Posts: 63317
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Laurel and Hardy.

Postby Keyser » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:37 pm

Victoria wrote:


Superb (although I prefer the original black and white version)! :canny:
User avatar
Keyser
 
Posts: 7661
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:25 pm

Re: Laurel and Hardy.

Postby luddite » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:24 pm

Keyser wrote:
Victoria wrote:


Superb (although I prefer the original black and white version)! :canny:

I have the complete films of Laurel and Hardy on DVD , in colour and black and white and monochrome is the only way to watch them Keys. :woteva:
Cad, bounder and part time scoundrel.
User avatar
luddite
 
Posts: 1232
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:05 pm
Location: Upper Buggersdale

Re: Laurel and Hardy.

Postby Keyser » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:02 am

luddite wrote:
Keyser wrote:
Victoria wrote:


Superb (although I prefer the original black and white version)! :canny:

I have the complete films of Laurel and Hardy on DVD , in colour and black and white and monochrome is the only way to watch them Keys. :woteva:


I like them in their original form.

I have often thought of getting the complete box set.
User avatar
Keyser
 
Posts: 7661
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:25 pm

Re: Laurel and Hardy.

Postby Vicky » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:56 am

Image

Stan and Ollie's dog, Laughing Gravy. :wubbers:
54 Titles And Still Going Strong.

W.A.T.P.
User avatar
Vicky
Site Admin
 
Posts: 63317
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Laurel and Hardy.

Postby Vicky » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:02 am

Image

Nice photo of Ollie and Stan as children.
54 Titles And Still Going Strong.

W.A.T.P.
User avatar
Vicky
Site Admin
 
Posts: 63317
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Laurel and Hardy.

Postby luddite » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:52 pm

Victoria wrote:Image

Nice photo of Ollie and Stan as children.

Which is which Vic. :doomed: :whistle:
Cad, bounder and part time scoundrel.
User avatar
luddite
 
Posts: 1232
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:05 pm
Location: Upper Buggersdale

Re: Laurel and Hardy.

Postby Vicky » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:15 pm

luddite wrote:
Victoria wrote:Image

Nice photo of Ollie and Stan as children.

Which is which Vic. :doomed: :whistle:


I'm not sure Luds, but I think Ollie is the one wearing the bowtie.

I hope all is well with you?

:starpluck:
54 Titles And Still Going Strong.

W.A.T.P.
User avatar
Vicky
Site Admin
 
Posts: 63317
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Laurel and Hardy.

Postby luddite » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:13 pm

Victoria wrote:
luddite wrote:
Victoria wrote:Image

Nice photo of Ollie and Stan as children.

Which is which Vic. :doomed: :whistle:


I'm not sure Luds, but I think Ollie is the one wearing the bowtie.

I hope all is well with you?

:starpluck:

I was being ever so slightly facetious Vic. :woteva:

I'm in the pink as I hope you are too. :Hiya:

We've had some real Yorkshire weather today, siled it down all day. :brella:
Cad, bounder and part time scoundrel.
User avatar
luddite
 
Posts: 1232
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:05 pm
Location: Upper Buggersdale

Re: Laurel and Hardy.

Postby Vicky » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:35 am

luddite wrote:
Victoria wrote:
luddite wrote:
Victoria wrote:Image

Nice photo of Ollie and Stan as children.

Which is which Vic. :doomed: :whistle:


I'm not sure Luds, but I think Ollie is the one wearing the bowtie.

I hope all is well with you?

:starpluck:

I was being ever so slightly facetious Vic. :woteva:

I'm in the pink as I hope you are too. :Hiya:

We've had some real Yorkshire weather today, siled it down all day. :brella:


Morning Luds. Image

Yes i knew you were being facetious, anyway i'm doing fine.

"Siled?"

Oh you mean it was pishing it doon.
54 Titles And Still Going Strong.

W.A.T.P.
User avatar
Vicky
Site Admin
 
Posts: 63317
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Laurel and Hardy.

Postby Keyser » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:37 pm

You may find this thread an interesting read Vicky. :cuppaT:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthre ... 211&page=4
User avatar
Keyser
 
Posts: 7661
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:25 pm

Re: Laurel and Hardy.

Postby Vicky » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:53 pm

54 Titles And Still Going Strong.

W.A.T.P.
User avatar
Vicky
Site Admin
 
Posts: 63317
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

PreviousNext

Return to Showbiz

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests