Drama TV shows you enjoy ?

Reality, Sports, Game Shows and films You name it. Yak about it in here.

Re: Drama TV shows you enjoy ?

Postby Staliaoftheknife » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:55 pm

Just finished Hand Of God, such an intriguing concept, is he anointed or is he just nuts? Ron Perlmin is fantastic as always. Watching the second season of Billions, reminds me a bit of Moby Dick, the two leads are obsessed with destroying each other to the detriment of everything and everyone else. Such an interesting power dynamic.
User avatar
Staliaoftheknife
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:01 pm

Re: Drama TV shows you enjoy ?

Postby jp761 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:43 pm

Staliaoftheknife wrote:Just finished Hand Of God, such an intriguing concept, is he anointed or is he just nuts? Ron Perlmin is fantastic as always. Watching the second season of Billions, reminds me a bit of Moby Dick, the two leads are obsessed with destroying each other to the detriment of everything and everyone else. Such an interesting power dynamic.
By the looks of it, an Amazon Prime offering and a Sky Atlantic one. They sound intriguing though.

It would be good if people also say where they watch the Drama that they recommend, be it on a specific TV channel or somewhere like Amazon Prime. It might be helpful if someone wants to do that.
User avatar
jp761
 
Posts: 3047
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:01 pm

Re: Drama TV shows you enjoy ?

Postby Staliaoftheknife » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:43 pm

Just about to start watching s2 of Shades Of Blue with Jennifer Lopez. S1 was interesting, real cat and mouse, who's the hunter and who's being hunted? It's about a gang of corrupt cops, one being forced to become an FBI informant
User avatar
Staliaoftheknife
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:01 pm

Re: Drama TV shows you enjoy ?

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:46 pm

mavis cruet wrote:Hello, :Hiya: my first post here on Dogs , thought i would slip in quietly :smilin:

I am a binge watcher, so my current binge is 'Orange is the New Black'. On season 2 at the mo, and although i did not think it would be my cup of tea, it is.
Also enjoy The Blacklist, TWD, Fortitude, Vampire Diaries :oops:

I tried GOT but just could not get into it,,any suggestions for further things to binge on are most welcome :popcorn:

I loved the vampire diaries and fell in love With Damon. But it wasn't much good after elana left. I've been waiting for them to have their happy ending but it didn't quite cut it for me. All we saw was a hug and no fireworks.

They should have given us at least a few more episodes to tell the story and not have killed Stephen off.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Drama TV shows you enjoy ?

Postby jp761 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:37 am

Staliaoftheknife wrote:Just about to start watching s2 of Shades Of Blue with Jennifer Lopez. S1 was interesting, real cat and mouse, who's the hunter and who's being hunted? It's about a gang of corrupt cops, one being forced to become an FBI informant
I never watched S1. But have got into S2 and it is pretty good, I'm enjoying it. It doesn't appear to matter all that much, that I didn't watch S1.
User avatar
jp761
 
Posts: 3047
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:01 pm

Re: Drama TV shows you enjoy ?

Postby mavis cruet » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:54 pm

Guest wrote:
mavis cruet wrote:Hello, :Hiya: my first post here on Dogs , thought i would slip in quietly :smilin:

I am a binge watcher, so my current binge is 'Orange is the New Black'. On season 2 at the mo, and although i did not think it would be my cup of tea, it is.
Also enjoy The Blacklist, TWD, Fortitude, Vampire Diaries :oops:

I tried GOT but just could not get into it,,any suggestions for further things to binge on are most welcome :popcorn:

I loved the vampire diaries and fell in love With Damon. But it wasn't much good after elana left. I've been waiting for them to have their happy ending but it didn't quite cut it for me. All we saw was a hug and no fireworks.

They should have given us at least a few more episodes to tell the story and not have killed Stephen off.



Sorry, only just saw this! I preferred Damon as well, but did not miss Elena one bit! Agree with you about the ending, it was way too rushed but it really did need to come to an end. Do you watch The Originals as well? I am on the latest Season, but feel that this needs to come to a close as well.

Anyhows..looking for something else to watch now Walking Dead and all my other series have reached Season end....any suggestions most welcome :) :twirl:
User avatar
mavis cruet
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:34 pm

Re: Drama TV shows you enjoy ?

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:29 pm

mavis cruet wrote:
Guest wrote:
mavis cruet wrote:Hello, :Hiya: my first post here on Dogs , thought i would slip in quietly :smilin:

I am a binge watcher, so my current binge is 'Orange is the New Black'. On season 2 at the mo, and although i did not think it would be my cup of tea, it is.
Also enjoy The Blacklist, TWD, Fortitude, Vampire Diaries :oops:

I tried GOT but just could not get into it,,any suggestions for further things to binge on are most welcome :popcorn:

I loved the vampire diaries and fell in love With Damon. But it wasn't much good after elana left. I've been waiting for them to have their happy ending but it didn't quite cut it for me. All we saw was a hug and no fireworks.

They should have given us at least a few more episodes to tell the story and not have killed Stephen off.


Sorry, only just saw this! I preferred Damon as well, but did not miss Elena one bit! Agree with you about the ending, it was way too rushed but it really did need to come to an end. Do you watch The Originals as well? I am on the latest Season, but feel that this needs to come to a close as well.

Anyhows..looking for something else to watch now Walking Dead and all my other series have reached Season end....any suggestions most welcome :) :twirl:

Hello

Yes I watch the originals too, not as gripping as the vampire diaries but still good. The other two I've been watching is big little lies which was a great little series and also been listening a lot to Micheal kiwanukas music which I found from the theme tune from that. For a bit of sci-fi fantasy I'm enjoying the Grimm on Netflix. That's been out a few years. You might have already seen it? If not try that. Monroe is my favourite character in that one.

i watched star gate years ago on Netflix and liked that. I think it's still on there.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Drama TV shows you enjoy ?

Postby cobaye22 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:54 pm

Another upvote for Big little lies which was rather marvellous.
Legion is a refreshing take on the superpower shit and made me feel like a teenager again.
Better call saul s3 has started if you like watching nothing happen in great detail.
User avatar
cobaye22
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:53 pm

Re: Drama TV shows you enjoy ?

Postby jp761 » Fri May 05, 2017 9:25 pm

Anyone watch Lethal Weapon on ITV? It's currently on now, I'm recording. I've watched the whole series so far though, I find it good fun to watch.

Great pic quality to. :laughing:
User avatar
jp761
 
Posts: 3047
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:01 pm

Re: Drama TV shows you enjoy ?

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Fri May 05, 2017 9:47 pm

it was surprisingly very good...
definitely want season 2
:more beer:
User avatar
Big Fat Frosty
 
Posts: 15407
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 4:51 pm

Re: Drama TV shows you enjoy ?

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:50 pm

I've been watching. The handmaids Tale. Set in the future. Where the population has became mainly infertile. A group of religious nuts overthrow the US Government and round up the fertile women, keeping them captive to reproduce for the elite. The laws of the society are straight out of genesis, and its chilling and thought provoking. Worth a watch.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Drama TV shows you enjoy ?

Postby Dean » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:23 am

I watched Mindhunter recently, the new Netflix ten parter about the origins of the behavioural science unit in the FBI. Highly recommended, can’t wait for season 2.
User avatar
Dean
 
Posts: 20137
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: Drama TV shows you enjoy ?

Postby Dean » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:28 am

True Detective was excellent too. First season better than the second but still brilliant. The first season with Woody Harrelson was an almost perfect TV Cop show. Loved it...
User avatar
Dean
 
Posts: 20137
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:02 pm

Previous

Return to Showbiz

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests