Drama TV shows you enjoy ?

Re: Drama TV shows you enjoy ?

Postby Dean » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:51 pm

I’ll post a few TV shows I’ve watched over the last couple of years, not sure if I’ve recommended these before or not...

If you like Making A Murderer, there’s a couple of really good true crime series to watch. Firstly is “The Jinx” the story of Robert Durst, an eccentric billionaire who was accused of numerous murders. I won’t say too much to spoil it but it’s absolutely fascinating viewing. Secondly is “The Keepers” the story of an unsolved murder of a Nun. It’s such a sad, heart breaking story but a compelling story. Be warned though it’s so frustrating it’ll make you want to scream at your TV!

I’ve already mention “Mindhunter” in an earlier post, we’ll worth a watch. Another one to watch is “The Night of” a drama show about a murder in New York. Both are great crime detective series.
Dean

Postby Dean » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:54 pm

Vam, you might like “The Good Wife”... you may have seen it but I’ll mention it anyway. I didn’t think it would be my kind of thing but it surprised me, it’s very good as lawyer/law/dramas go...
Dean

Postby Vam » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:06 pm

Dean wrote:I’ll post a few TV shows I’ve watched over the last couple of years, not sure if I’ve recommended these before or not...

If you like Making A Murderer, there’s a couple of really good true crime series to watch. Firstly is “The Jinx” the story of Robert Durst, an eccentric billionaire who was accused of numerous murders. I won’t say too much to spoil it but it’s absolutely fascinating viewing. Secondly is “The Keepers” the story of an unsolved murder of a Nun. It’s such a sad, heart breaking story but a compelling story. Be warned though it’s so frustrating it’ll make you want to scream at your TV!

I’ve already mention “Mindhunter” in an earlier post, we’ll worth a watch. Another one to watch is “The Night of” a drama show about a murder in New York. Both are great crime detective series.

Brilliant, Dean - thanks :thumbsup: Loads of potential to check out there - Mindhunter & The Night Of sound promising.

Yep, I've seen the Good Wife. I didn't think it'd be my kind of thing either but it must have been, cos I watched the entire series.
Another legal-based thingy is Suits. A bit of dumbed down 'bubblegum for the eyes', but I love it for the slick, highly improbable storyline throughout :gigglesnshit:

My suggestions...Oz is just amazing and, if you liked Deadwood, I think Hell on Wheels would probably keep you engaged.

We once had a natter about The Shield, and the 'good bad cop' role in that, which makes me want to suggest Chicago PD - the 'Voight' character in that is fab.

Justified is a fairly good series too, and I have to say the latest version of the 24 franchise was pretty damn good - really impressive lead actor, whose name escapes me right now.

I'm sure you'll have seen Fargo & Narcos. If not, why not?!

I've got more if you want them! :wink:
Vam

Postby Dean » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:12 pm

Vam wrote:
Dean wrote:I’ll post a few TV shows I’ve watched over the last couple of years, not sure if I’ve recommended these before or not...

Brilliant, Dean - thanks :thumbsup: Loads of potential to check out there - Mindhunter & The Night Of sound promising.

Yep, I've seen the Good Wife. I didn't think it'd be my kind of thing either but it must have been, cos I watched the entire series.
Another legal-based thingy is Suits. A bit of dumbed down 'bubblegum for the eyes', but I love it for the slick, highly improbable storyline throughout :gigglesnshit:

My suggestions...Oz is just amazing and, if you liked Deadwood, I think Hell on Wheels would probably keep you engaged.

We once had a natter about The Shield, and the 'good bad cop' role in that, which makes me want to suggest Chicago PD - the 'Voight' character in that is fab.

Justified is a fairly good series too, and I have to say the latest version of the 24 franchise was pretty damn good - really impressive lead actor, whose name escapes me right now.

I'm sure you'll have seen Fargo & Narcos. If not, why not?!

I've got more if you want them! :wink:

I’ve seen all of those except for Justified. Well I watched a few episodes and couldn’t get into it, I might give it another try.

Love Chicago PD, likewise Chicago Fire and Med, the spin offs. I’ve not long finished the latest Suits series, it’s getting a bit boring now, too predictable even with their crazy storylines!

Never heard of Hell on wheels, I’ll look into that, cheers...
Dean

Postby Vam » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:30 pm

I've done Chic Fire & Med too, but didn't suggest them, cos I thought they might not be blokey enough for you.

Now I see that you're all metrosexual ( :gigglesnshit: ), I'll suggest Friday Night Lights - a small town high school football team that's dead in the water, then along comes the hero coach to take care of business. IOW - 5 seasons of a soap-like storyline, with sporty stuff that even had me cheering.

Madame Secretary 1&2 were good. Got a bit bored with it by 3.
Vam

Postby Dean » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:41 pm

For some reason, I’m not keen on Sports tv shows, probably watch enough real sport to compensate...
Dean

Postby jp761 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:42 pm

Just a couple more to add into the mix.

Shots Fired wasn't bad. Only one series so far. Not sure if there's going to be another.

And talking about blokey Strike Back is back on at the end of the month, if the other seasons are anything to go by, it should be good.
jp761

Postby Vam » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:02 pm

Some promising things to check out - I'll sure be Amazon-ing tomorrow.

Cheers, guys :wink:
Vam

Postby Vam » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:12 pm

Ah bugger...forgot..Just a quickie to add...

Bloodline - thriller, set in the Florida Keys. Dysfunctional family dynasty thing, with drug-addled, black sheep son reappearing to cause some seriously crazy shit. Perfect casting, cos he has the kind of face you just instantly hate on sight, and really can't wait to see the back of.
Vam

Postby Holly » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:05 pm

We have Dr Foster on atm...has anyone watched it? I really like it. We are on series 2... episode 3 tomorrow.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby jp761 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:12 pm

Holly wrote:We have Dr Foster on atm...has anyone watched it? I really like it. We are on series 2... episode 3 tomorrow.
Yep I have, and yeah it is very good imo, Suranne Jones is very good in it. Series 2 just recently finished over here.
Last edited by jp761 on Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jp761

Postby Dean » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:12 pm

Holly wrote:We have Dr Foster on atm...has anyone watched it? I really like it. We are on series 2... episode 3 tomorrow.

I’ve not seen it yet but heard good things about it.
Dean

Postby Dean » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:14 pm

A couple more great crime dramas, both British this time are “Line of Duty” and “ The Fall”. Google them, they’re both riveting TV...
Dean

Postby Holly » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:26 pm

Dean wrote:

Worth watching if you like mind game dramas, love turning to hate, twists and betrayals etc...I think it's brilliant.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Dean » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:28 pm

Holly wrote:
Dean wrote:

Worth watching if you like mind game dramas, love turning to hate, twists and betrayals etc...I think it's brilliant.

Yeah I googled it, looks very good. I’ll give it a go next I think...
Dean

PreviousNext

Return to TV And Radio