OSCAR's or How PricewaterhouseCoopers Really F'd UP!

OSCAR's or How PricewaterhouseCoopers Really F'd UP!

Postby 4ever2 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:16 pm

'Moonlight' wins best picture after 'La La Land' mistakenly announced
By Michael Rothman and Michael Edison Hayden
Feb 27, 2017, 9:02 AM ET
The climax of Hollywood's biggest night ended in what will surely be a long-remembered snafu, as the initial announcement that the best picture award went to "La La Land" had to be retracted on stage and corrected to the real winner, "Moonlight."

The announcement of "La La Land" was followed by several moments of apparent chaos on stage that ended with a producer of "La La Land" announcing that it was not really his picture that won. "[Actually] 'Moonlight' is the winner ... this is not a joke," producer Jordan Horowitz said.

A clearly startled audience stood and erupted in applause for "Moonlight." Director Barry Jenkins, the cast and crew then dashed on stage to accept the win. "Even in my dreams this could not be true. But to hell with dreams," Jenkins said. As it turns out, presenters for the award, Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty, were given the wrong envelope before they walked onto the stage.
PricewaterhouseCoopers, the accounting firm that tallies the Oscars' votes, said it is investigating how the mishap occurred. "We sincerely apologize to 'Moonlight,' 'La La Land,' Warren Beatty, Faye Dunaway, and Oscar viewers for the error that was made during the award announcement for best picture," the statement said. "We appreciate the grace with which the nominees, the Academy, ABC and [host] Jimmy Kimmel handled the situation."

Host Jimmy Kimmel joked and said, "I blame Steve Harvey," alluding to his gaff announcing the wrong Miss Universe winner years back. Beatty, who has been nominated for 14 Academy Awards in his own career, said after the real winner was announced, "I wasn't trying to be funny," presenter Warren Beatty. Jenkins, in accepting the award, made sure to give the movie that was incorrectly announced its due.
"I love 'La La Land,'" he said. "Thank you to the academy, it is so humbling to be standing up there ... There was a time that I thought this movie was impossible because I couldn't bring it to fruition ... Everybody behind me on this stage said, 'No, that’s not acceptable,' so I just wanna thank everyone behind me.'"
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/moonlight-wins-best-picture-mistake-presenter-warren-beatty/story?id=45769592

You could tell, that Warren Beatty looked off stage {behind Faye's shoulder} trying to find someone for 'HELP ME'; but it did cross my mind that he just could have asked for a rational question 'DID YOU ALL HAND ME THE WRONG ENVELOPE or is this some kind of Jimmy Kimmel JOKE?'
But nooooo he handed it off to Faye who didn't even read the entire mess up printed wording and just blurted out the movie title 'LaLaLand' :thud: I guess not all actors are good about ad-libbing and that would have been the perfect opportunity to just take a pause for the cause! :yikes:
4ever2

Return to TV And Radio