Angling

Reality, Sports, Game Shows and films You name it. Yak about it in here.

Re: Angling

Postby charlie » Tue May 01, 2018 9:17 pm

Keyser wrote:River Monsters was always good fun if very formulaic - of course he knew what species he was after right from the start.

Loved the Goliath Tigerfish episode. :cuppaT:

Image

Yeah, it's fun to hunt, capture and endure that creature gasping for breath whilst the cameraman takes that all important picture...
User avatar
charlie
 
Posts: 967
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:14 pm

Re: Angling

Postby malcom » Tue May 01, 2018 9:41 pm

Fish don't feel pain, if they did they would have communicated their distress by now.
User avatar
malcom
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:37 am

Re: Angling

Postby Dean » Tue May 01, 2018 10:47 pm

malcom wrote:Fish don't feel pain, if they did they would have communicated their distress by now.


How? By sending a text message?
User avatar
Dean
 
Posts: 35763
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: Angling

Postby Keyser » Tue May 01, 2018 11:23 pm

malcom wrote:Fish don't feel pain, if they did they would have communicated their distress by now.


Bollocks.
User avatar
Keyser
 
Posts: 12702
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:25 pm

Re: Angling

Postby Keyser » Tue May 01, 2018 11:25 pm

charlie wrote:
Keyser wrote:River Monsters was always good fun if very formulaic - of course he knew what species he was after right from the start.

Loved the Goliath Tigerfish episode. :cuppaT:

Image

Yeah, it's fun to hunt, capture and endure that creature gasping for breath whilst the cameraman takes that all important picture...


At least he returns the catch Charlie.

But I agree it's hardly pleasant for the animal involved.
User avatar
Keyser
 
Posts: 12702
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:25 pm

Re: Angling

Postby jra » Thu May 10, 2018 10:48 am

Any recommendations for a top notch carp rod, 12 ft test curve 2.75.

Pro-logic.
NGT
Lineaeffe
Shimano (reel)

etc.
User avatar
jra
 
Posts: 13235
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:02 pm

Re: Angling

Postby Dean » Fri May 11, 2018 8:55 am

jra wrote:Any recommendations for a top notch carp rod, 12 ft test curve 2.75.

Pro-logic.
NGT
Lineaeffe
Shimano (reel)

etc.


The showbiz section of a trolling forum is the perfect place to ask about high spec fishing rods, you fucking mong...
User avatar
Dean
 
Posts: 35763
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: Angling

Postby Trapper John » Fri May 11, 2018 8:59 am

Dean wrote:
malcom wrote:Fish don't feel pain, if they did they would have communicated their distress by now.


How? By sending a text message?


A simple ouch! probably
User avatar
Trapper John
Gunner.
 
Posts: 35973
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:36 am
Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Re: Angling

Postby Dean » Fri May 11, 2018 9:03 am

Trapper John wrote:
Dean wrote:
malcom wrote:Fish don't feel pain, if they did they would have communicated their distress by now.


How? By sending a text message?


A simple ouch! probably


I don’t think they’re the most vocal of animals...
User avatar
Dean
 
Posts: 35763
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: Angling

Postby jra » Fri May 11, 2018 9:43 am

Dean wrote:
jra wrote:Any recommendations for a top notch carp rod, 12 ft test curve 2.75.

Pro-logic.
NGT
Lineaeffe
Shimano (reel)

etc.


The showbiz section of a trolling forum is the perfect place to ask about high spec fishing rods, you fucking mong...


And you might read the original post, lobotomized chimp.
User avatar
jra
 
Posts: 13235
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:02 pm

Re: Angling

Postby jra » Fri May 11, 2018 9:44 am

Dean wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Dean wrote:
malcom wrote:Fish don't feel pain, if they did they would have communicated their distress by now.


How? By sending a text message?


A simple ouch! probably


I don’t think they’re the most vocal of animals...


Nor are you, son of an amoeba.
User avatar
jra
 
Posts: 13235
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:02 pm

Re: Angling

Postby Dimples » Fri May 11, 2018 9:46 am

You're feisty this morning, jra. :awesome:
User avatar
Dimples
 
Posts: 13551
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:59 pm
Location: Under his eye

Re: Angling

Postby jra » Fri May 11, 2018 2:23 pm

Dimples wrote:You're feisty this morning, jra. :awesome:


Alright Dimples.

I'm in good mood now. :smilin:
User avatar
jra
 
Posts: 13235
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:02 pm

Re: Angling

Postby Dimples » Fri May 11, 2018 2:24 pm

jra wrote:
Dimples wrote:You're feisty this morning, jra. :awesome:


Alright Dimples.

I'm in good mood now. :smilin:


I'm setting my stopwatch now... :awesome:
User avatar
Dimples
 
Posts: 13551
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:59 pm
Location: Under his eye

Re: Angling

Postby jra » Fri May 11, 2018 2:55 pm

Dimples wrote:
jra wrote:
Dimples wrote:You're feisty this morning, jra. :awesome:


Alright Dimples.

I'm in good mood now. :smilin:


I'm setting my stopwatch now... :awesome:


Wait till I get back home from London tomorrow morning really pissed up big time (it's my best mate's 60th birthday). Watch this space (random thread most likely). I might draw up a c**t list of posters on here. You won't be on it. :cheers:
Last edited by jra on Fri May 11, 2018 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
jra
 
Posts: 13235
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:02 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Showbiz

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests