TV Shows.

Re: Random Stuff Part Nineteen.

Postby dis » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:32 pm

Frankly wrote:
Ah, I've read a couple of his books. They were pretty good. I suppose it's handy to have, and does offer up more choice. I'll consider some more :mrgreen:

I think you get a free trial and you’re not tied in to a contract I don’t think.
dis

Postby HobbitFeet » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:36 pm

I have a problem with French stuff because I understand some of the stuff so am listening and translating in my head as well as reading the subtitles and it's all a bit distracting and brain overloady

but then the subtitles never say what I think they should so my French isn't as good as I think it is :mrgreen:
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Frankly » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:36 pm

dis wrote:
Frankly wrote:
Ah, I've read a couple of his books. They were pretty good. I suppose it's handy to have, and does offer up more choice. I'll consider some more :mrgreen:

I think you get a free trial and you’re not tied in to a contract I don’t think.

:thumbsup: Thanks dis, I'll check it out.
Frankly

Postby Keyser » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:39 pm

Frankly wrote:
Vam wrote:
Frankly wrote:
Keyser wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:It was great back then. I'm off too, Spirals on. :Hiya:

You have a very good taste in drama. :cuppaT:

:Wiiiine!: This series is as excellent as ever. I wanted to slap Josephine tonight though.

I've toyed with watching this show, Fran. Please give me a reason, because I'm generally not keen on Parisians. Plus, some French dramas can be so dull and depressing, it can be like trudging through a dank swamp - a bloody exhausting experience! :gigglesnshit:

Because it's simply excellent and a cut above anything else, in my opinion. The stories and acting are superb. The characters are interesting, flawed, poignant and downright bent! You would have to start at the beginning though to really appreciate it though.

I have got three series of Braquo that I have not got around to watching yet - also all of Breaking Bad, the first four series of GOT and American Horror Story and the last two of Deadwood (watched the first years ago).

The Wire, The Shield and Southland were excellent.

So are Fargo and Homeland.

I will have to buy the latest GOF and AHS series when I have watched those - probably in 20 years or so. :laughing:

Loved Forbrydelsen (The Killing), Borgen and Bron/Broen (to name but a few from BBC4) as well and Montalbano is fun.

I'm three episodes behind on Spiral so put any spoilers in tags please. Ta! :cuppaT:

Recent dramas on the Beeb worth a watch were The Fall, Line of Duty, Happy Valley, River and Taboo.

This one was a cracker on BBC2 a few years ago although I doubt many remember it now - The Shadow Line.

Gatehouse was a mean fucker. :mrgreen:

Keyser

Postby Vam » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:43 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:I have a problem with French stuff because I understand some of the stuff so am listening and translating in my head as well as reading the subtitles and it's all a bit distracting and brain overloady

but then the subtitles never say what I think they should so my French isn't as good as I think it is :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: ...my French is passable too, I guess. But I still find myself in a kind of mental conflict with the subtitles.

I need subtitles for most US TV shows too. Those Yanks talk sooooo fast! :ooer: :thud:
Vam

Postby Keyser » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:53 pm

:doomed:

Ratallack: Now it's our turn.

Jay Wratten: Yeah. But how long is that gonna last?

Gatehouse: I think you know the answer to that already. And if you don't, you should.

Jay Wratten: Twenty years, and then a headshot in the back of a car?

Gatehouse: Not if you remember the rule.

Jay Wratten: Yeah? And what exactly is that?

Gatehouse: Simple. You, you're the threads. But me, I'm the rope.

Last edited by Keyser on Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keyser

Postby Frankly » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:54 pm

Keyser wrote:
Frankly wrote:
Vam wrote:
Frankly wrote:
Keyser wrote:
:Wiiiine!: This series is as excellent as ever. I wanted to slap Josephine tonight though.

I've toyed with watching this show, Fran. Please give me a reason, because I'm generally not keen on Parisians. Plus, some French dramas can be so dull and depressing, it can be like trudging through a dank swamp - a bloody exhausting experience! :gigglesnshit:

Because it's simply excellent and a cut above anything else, in my opinion. The stories and acting are superb. The characters are interesting, flawed, poignant and downright bent! You would have to start at the beginning though to really appreciate it though.

I have got three series of Braquo that I have not got around to watching yet - also all of Breaking Bad, the first four series of GOT and American Horror Story and the last two of Deadwood (watched the first years ago).

The Wire, The Shield and Southland were excellent.

So are Fargo and Homeland.

I will have to buy the latest GOF and AHS series when I have watched those - probably in 20 years or so. :laughing:

Loved Forbrydelsen (The Killing), Borgen and Bron/Broen (to name but a few from BBC4) as well and Montalbano is fun.

I'm three episodes behind on Spiral so put any spoilers in tags please. Ta! :cuppaT:

Recent dramas on the Beeb worth a watch were The Fall, Line of Duty, Happy Valley, River and Taboo.

This one was a cracker on BBC2 a few years ago although I doubt many remember it now - The Shadow Line.

Gatehouse was a mean fucker. :mrgreen:

Yes, I absolutely loved the first series of Forbrydelsen, it was mesmerising, I like the Bridge very much too.

Did you ever see 'Blue Eyes' (All 4) that's good, very much worth a look. One that you mentioned, Homeland, that's one that I'd like to see.

I started to watch Peaky Blinders over Christmas, but, despite most people raving about it, I just couldn't get into it.
Frankly

Postby Vam » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:56 pm

Sons of Anarchy is another absolute must-see, imvho :thumbsup:
Vam

Postby Vam » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:58 pm

....annnnd expecting a Mod to step in at any moment to say "Showbiz Section is thataway >>>>>>"

:doomed:
Vam

Postby Keyser » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:11 pm

Frankly wrote:Yes, I absolutely loved the first series of Forbrydelsen, it was mesmerising, I like the Bridge very much too.

Did you ever see 'Blue Eyes' (All 4) that's good, very much worth a look. One that you mentioned, Homeland, that's one that I'd like to see.

I started to watch Peaky Blinders over Christmas, but, despite most people raving about it, I just couldn't get into it.

Love/loved Ripper Street (need to find the last series of RS online because my DVD fucked up) and Peaky Blinders and only have the final series of Son's of Anarchy and Justified (both excellent) to catch up on.

Person of Interest was great.

Yes I watched Blue Eyes and also the recent Professor T is excellent quirky fun that can also break your heart. :thumbsup:

Blast from the past Oz - the Major would love Vern Schillinger. :trollface:

Keyser

Postby jp761 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:28 pm

Keyser wrote:
Frankly wrote:Yes, I absolutely loved the first series of Forbrydelsen, it was mesmerising, I like the Bridge very much too.

Love/loved Ripper Street (need to find the last series of RS online because my DVD fucked up) and Peaky Blinders and only have the final series of Son's of Anarchy and Justified (both excellent) to catch up on.

Yes I watched Blue Eyes and also the recent Professor T is excellent quirky fun that can also break your heart. :thumbsup:

You're a TV connoisseur. :laughing:

Do you know the show Banshee? I remember watching season 1, it was really good, they showed it on Sky One after being first shown on Sky Atlantic. It's annoying that they haven't shown the other seasons on Sky One, it's only been on Sky Atlantic which is about the only channel I can't get.
jp761

Postby Keyser » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:42 pm

jp761 wrote:
Keyser wrote:

Do you know the show Banshee? I remember watching season 1, it was really good, they showed it on Sky One after being first shown on Sky Atlantic. It's annoying that they haven't shown the other seasons on Sky One, it's only been on Sky Atlantic which is about the only channel I can't get.

Cheers! :smilin:

Nah - I only have Freeview.
Keyser

Postby jp761 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:56 pm

Keyser wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Keyser wrote:

Banshee may well be on Netflix, I don't currently subscribe though.

Do you use Netflix?
jp761

Postby Keyser » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:58 pm

jp761 wrote:
Keyser wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Keyser wrote:

Banshee may well be on Netflix, I don't currently subscribe though.

Do you use Netflix?

No not Netflix either.
Keyser

Postby Dean » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:25 pm

Vam wrote:Sons of Anarchy is another absolute must-see, imvho :thumbsup:

New series starting soon, spin off from SoA, about the Mayan biker club. Same writers etc...
Dean

PreviousNext

Return to TV And Radio