TV Shows.

Re: TV Shows.

Postby McAz » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:49 am

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Ok so who didn't tell me that Netflix have done Lost in Space?

Used to love it as a kid and I think it's been directed by Bill Mumy the original Will Robinson.

Anyways, anyone watched it? I just binged it over two nights, up to Episode 8 of 10 - gonna try do the last 2 tonight.

I like it and it's got a few twists from the original format, like - I'm not giving too much away by saying the insidious Dr Zachary Smith is a woman in this and she does a bloody good.

It is a little too character based if I'm being picky, lots of American series are though, that aside I'm enjoying it. :thumbsup:

*Cough*

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=44620&start=90

I'm watching it with my wife and the older Little Miss Avon so can't binge watch it to my annoyance. We are up to episode 4 and we are all enjoying it.

Slick production, Dr Smith is creepy and I am beginning to warm to the robot (which is now slightly less creepy and more human than the good doctor...)

I wouldn't have believed that they could produce a remake that was actually worse than the original, but they succeeded. Good production values though - but that simply indicates more money than sense.
McAz

Postby Trapper John » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:08 am

McAz wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Ok so who didn't tell me that Netflix have done Lost in Space?

Used to love it as a kid and I think it's been directed by Bill Mumy the original Will Robinson.

Anyways, anyone watched it? I just binged it over two nights, up to Episode 8 of 10 - gonna try do the last 2 tonight.

I like it and it's got a few twists from the original format, like - I'm not giving too much away by saying the insidious Dr Zachary Smith is a woman in this and she does a bloody good.

It is a little too character based if I'm being picky, lots of American series are though, that aside I'm enjoying it. :thumbsup:

*Cough*

http://www.thesleepingdogs.net/viewtopi ... 0&start=90

I'm watching it with my wife and the older Little Miss Avon so can't binge watch it to my annoyance. We are up to episode 4 and we are all enjoying it.

Slick production, Dr Smith is creepy and I am beginning to warm to the robot (which is now slightly less creepy and more human than the good doctor...)

I wouldn't have believed that they could produce a remake that was actually worse than the original, but they succeeded. Good production values though - but that simply indicates more money than sense.

I don't think they intended it to rival a Tolstoy novel :roll: it's just a decent bit of family entertainment that looks good too.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby McAz » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:22 am

Trapper John wrote:
McAz wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:

*Cough*

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=44620&start=90

I don't think they intended it to rival a Tolstoy novel :roll: it's just a decent bit of family entertainment that looks good too.

Science fiction for Brexit voters - dumb for the dumb.
McAz

Postby Trapper John » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:25 am

McAz wrote:
Trapper John wrote:I don't think they intended it to rival a Tolstoy novel :roll: it's just a decent bit of family entertainment that looks good too.

Brexit voters entertainment - dumbed down for the dumb.

Dumbed down enough for you to watch and give us your learned opinion. :smilin:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby McAz » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:27 am

Trapper John wrote:
McAz wrote:
Trapper John wrote:I don't think they intended it to rival a Tolstoy novel :roll: it's just a decent bit of family entertainment that looks good too.

Science fiction for Brexit voters - dumb for the dumb.

Dumbed down enough for you to watch and give us your learned opinion. :smilin:

How else would I know it was dumb - clairvoyance? :roll:
McAz

Postby Trapper John » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:04 am

I'm psyching myself up to watch the second series of Marvel's 'Legion' on Fox. It's very surreal and enigmatic and supposedly based in the X-men universe though you wouldn't think it.

It's the sort of show you need to prepare your head for, got the first episode recorded and waiting for the right time to watch it.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Keyser » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:05 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:The Durells is the absolute best thing on the tv atm.
It’s an adaptation of Gerald Durrell's "My Family and Other Animals" it features Keeley Hawes as Louisa Durrell, a widow who moves her family from England to the Greek island of Corfu in 1935. All the actors are brilliant but Keeley is a brilliantly understated star.

Huge fan of Durrell's books when I was a kid.

Not seen this series but Keeley was simply wonderful in 'Line of Duty' and is a naturally beautiful woman as well. :cuppaT:
Keyser

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:11 pm

Keyser wrote:
It’s an adaptation of Gerald Durrell's "My Family and Other Animals" it features Keeley Hawes as Louisa Durrell, a widow who moves her family from England to the Greek island of Corfu in 1935. All the actors are brilliant but Keeley is a brilliantly understated star.

Not seen this series but Keeley was simply wonderful in 'Line of Duty' and is a naturally beautiful woman as well. :cuppaT:

She is beautiful. First emerged in Ashes to Ashes, the sequel to Life on Mars. She was excellent in that too.
You have to watch the Durells, it’s good Sunday evening tv.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Keyser » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:08 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Keyser wrote:

She is beautiful. First emerged in Ashes to Ashes, the sequel to Life on Mars. She was excellent in that too.
You have to watch the Durells, it’s good Sunday evening tv.

Yes, she was famous for Spooks and Tipping the Velvet (did not watch either) well before Ashes to Ashes though (great show as was LOM). :thumbsup:
Keyser

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:11 pm

I didn’t see those either, she’s been around longer than I thought then.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Keyser » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:33 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:I didn’t see those either, she’s been around longer than I thought then.

Since the early '90's but Spooks and Tipping the Velvet in 2002 made her famous. :smilin:
Keyser

Postby Dean » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:00 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:I didn’t see those either, she’s been around longer than I thought then.

She’s very good in “The Missing” and “Line of duty”... Two of the very best British series I’ve ever watched...
Dean

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:47 am

Dean wrote:

She’s very good in “The Missing” and “Line of duty”... Two of the very best British series I’ve ever watched...

Oh I completely forgot about those. See what I mean, an understated star.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Trapper John » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:17 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Dean wrote:

Oh I completely forgot about those. See what I mean, an understated star.

Or tunnel vision, a trait of yours. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:26 am

Has anyone been watching that 'Kiss me First' on Channel 4?

It's apparently a Netflix series, going out worldwide later this year. It's quite strange and I'm not too sure what it's all about but it's oddly compelling when you watch it.
Trapper John
Gunner.

PreviousNext

Return to TV And Radio