TV Shows.

Re: TV Shows.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:21 am

Shelley wrote:Watching, The Good Doctor and This Is Us.

Both great shows.

This is Us has had me sobbing like there’s no tomorrow! I always have to brace myself when I’m about to watch it.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Avon Barksdale » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:10 pm

Squeeeee.

Just got an email from Netflix saying that season 2 of Hip Hop Evolution is ready to view. That's next week's viewing sorted then...
Avon Barksdale

Postby Dean » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:51 pm

Making a Murderer Season 2 is out on Netflix today!
Dean

Postby Wilson » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:03 pm

Dean wrote:Making a Murderer Season 2 is out on Netflix today!

:yess:
I'm supposed to be going out tonight but all I want to do is binge on this.
Wilson

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:02 pm

If they're brother and sister they would have the same Uncle, I'll look it up.

Actress and writer Daisy plays leading lady Kerry, while her brother Charlie plays Kerry’s cousin, Kurtan. Her on-screen dad is played by her real-life dad, Paul Cooper, and her real-life uncle, Trevor Cooper, plays local grump Len Clifton.

Daisy also plays Kerry’s mum, though we never actually see her on screen.

Charlie plays Kerry’s cousin Kurtan, but in reality, he’s her brother. His real-life dad plays his on-screen uncle, Martin Mucklowe, and his real-life uncle is Len Clifton, played by Trevor Cooper.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018 ... y-related/
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Wilson » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:42 pm

Watching Making a Murderer Part 2 atm. I'd forgotten how sad the whole thing was.
Wilson

Postby Nucks » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:10 pm

Wilson wrote:Watching Making a Murderer Part 2 atm. I'd forgotten how sad the whole thing was.

Have you watched the finale of Better Call Saul?
Nucks

Postby Wilson » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:18 pm

Nucks wrote:
Wilson wrote:Watching Making a Murderer Part 2 atm. I'd forgotten how sad the whole thing was.

Yes! Loved it.
Jimmy's character is just fascinating. I found myself getting bored with the cartel & Mike scenes though. The final scene was ace. He had me fooled. "Saul Good Man" :yess:
Feel sad that him and Kim are drifting apart but love how their relationship has been written. It's such an underrated, clever show. Think I like it more than Breaking Bad.
Wilson

Postby Nucks » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:13 am

Wilson wrote:
Nucks wrote:

Yes! Loved it.
Jimmy's character is just fascinating. I found myself getting bored with the cartel & Mike scenes though. The final scene was ace. He had me fooled. "Saul Good Man" :yess:
Feel sad that him and Kim are drifting apart but love how their relationship has been written. It's such an underrated, clever show. Think I like it more than Breaking Bad.

He had me fooled as well, Kim totally bought his heartfelt speech too. I guess his speech to that girl who was vying for a scholarship was really from his heart, don’t play by the rules and do whatever it takes. :mrgreen:
Nucks

Postby Wilson » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:41 pm

Nucks wrote:
Wilson wrote:
Nucks wrote:

Yes! Loved it.

He had me fooled as well, Kim totally bought his heartfelt speech too. I guess his speech to that girl who was vying for a scholarship was really from his heart, don’t play by the rules and do whatever it takes. :mrgreen:

Yeah I love that his ruthlessness & corruption actually comes from a really good place. It takes some seriously good writing to create a corrupt Lawer who everyone's rooting for.
Wilson

Postby Dean » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:53 pm

The haunting of Hill house in Netflix is well worth a watch. It’s not as scary as the reviews suggest, although it does have a few decent jumpy moments.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned already but Mr Mercedes is excellent too...
Dean

Postby Avon Barksdale » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:47 pm

Watched Derren Brown's latest Netflix special "Sacrifice".

Really thought provoking as usual and the premise of the show was whether Derren could secretly condition someone who had strong anti illegal immigrant feeling to lay down their life for an illegal immigrant.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Wilson » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:55 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:Watched Derren Brown's latest Netflix special "Sacrifice".

Really thought provoking as usual and the premise of the show was whether Derren could secretly condition someone who had strong anti illegal immigrant feeling to lay down their life for an illegal immigrant.

I didn't know about this one. The other one he did (The Push?) was fascinating. Bit sick though, tricking unwitting people to murder. :ooer: Obviously there were no real murders but they didn't know that. You'd imagine that would cause a person some serious psychological damage...
Wilson

Postby Avon Barksdale » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:57 pm

Wilson wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:Watched Derren Brown's latest Netflix special "Sacrifice".

I didn't know about this one. The other one he did (The Push?) was fascinating. Bit sick though, tricking unwitting people to murder. :ooer: Obviously there were no real murders but they didn't know that. You'd imagine that would cause a person some serious psychological damage...

Yeah, it was along similar lines to the Push. Real heart in your mouth moments.

There was a notice at the beginning of the show that the participant had a full psych evaluation before and after the experience. I can imagine the premium for the liability insurance for the show must have cost a fortune!
Avon Barksdale

Postby Wilson » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:10 pm

Nearly finished Making A Murderer 2. Totally gripped and now 100% sure they didn't do it. Teresa's family tirelessly insisting that the authorities are whiter than white and Steven & Brendan are guilty despite all the evidence suggesting otherwise baffle me. My theory is her ex boyfriend did it with her brothers help. The pair of them are dodgy AF.

And Kathleen Zellner is a legend. :Dance:
Wilson

PreviousNext

Return to TV And Radio