TV Shows.

Reality, Sports, Game Shows and films You name it. Yak about it in here.

Re: TV Shows.

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:34 am

The NZ show with Sam Neill is called "Harry".

There's also an American show about a hitman with the same name which I'm going to give a try.
User avatar
Ray of Sunshine
 
Posts: 3536
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:40 pm

Re: TV Shows.

Postby Cobs » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:56 pm

Barry. A dark whimsical show well worth a watch.
Image
User avatar
Cobs
 
Posts: 1021
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:53 pm

Re: TV Shows.

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:23 pm

Yes you're right, Barry the American one.

That bald guy is not Barry though.
User avatar
Ray of Sunshine
 
Posts: 3536
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:40 pm

Re: TV Shows.

Postby McAz » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:25 pm

I've just begun to watch Goliath on Amazon Prime - brilliant but shocking in places.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4687880/
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 30452
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:57 am

Re: TV Shows.

Postby MG2 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:42 pm

McAz wrote:I've just begun to watch Goliath on Amazon Prime - brilliant but shocking in places.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4687880/


Look good and I like Billy Bob.
User avatar
MG2
 
Posts: 1127
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:02 pm

Re: TV Shows.

Postby McAz » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:44 pm

MG2 wrote:
McAz wrote:I've just begun to watch Goliath on Amazon Prime - brilliant but shocking in places.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4687880/


Look good and I like Billy Bob.

I just tried it on spec out of boredom - great so far - and Thornton's acting is first class.
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 30452
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:57 am

Re: TV Shows.

Postby Cobs » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:49 pm

Legion is fucking awesome if a little slow and jazz hands with the plot.
Image
User avatar
Cobs
 
Posts: 1021
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:53 pm

Re: TV Shows.

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:59 pm

Watched Barry, only 8 episodes and it's pretty good, a black comedy similar to the more comic bits of Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul.
User avatar
Ray of Sunshine
 
Posts: 3536
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:40 pm

Re: TV Shows.

Postby Keyser » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:45 pm

Best series of Humans so far - but the falling viewing figures will ensure it is cancelled.

Regardless the preposterously beautiful Gemma and Emily must be the ultimate fantasy for doll weirdos (they do exist). :ooer:

Longmire continues to impress.

Shame this is the last series. :bawlin:
User avatar
Keyser
 
Posts: 12702
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:25 pm

Re: TV Shows.

Postby Punk » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:50 pm

I'm revisiting Dirk Gently Series 1. The first ten minutes is a complete headfuck. :smilin:
User avatar
Punk
 
Posts: 6888
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:10 pm
Location: Upper Sydenham

Re: TV Shows.

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:48 pm

Keyser wrote:Best series of Humans so far - but the falling viewing figures will ensure it is cancelled.

Regardless the preposterously beautiful Gemma and Emily must be the ultimate fantasy for doll weirdos (they do exist). :ooer:

Longmire continues to impress.

Shame this is the last series. :bawlin:


Thought it was crap TBH.

Don't like Westworld either.
User avatar
Ray of Sunshine
 
Posts: 3536
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:40 pm

Re: TV Shows.

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:49 pm

Watching Enlightenment.

Laura Dern plays an irritating do-gooder with a short temper.

Great performance, seems like a real person rather than a TV character.
User avatar
Ray of Sunshine
 
Posts: 3536
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:40 pm

Re: TV Shows.

Postby Keyser » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:54 pm

Just another list of dramas I have enjoyed over the last decade or so - I only have freeview so several series I have on boxsets and have not watched yet (as indicated). :smilin:

House.
The Wire.
Southland.
Homeland.
Sons of Anarchy.
Life on Mars.
Ashes to Ashes.
The Fall.
The Shadow Line.
Line of Duty.
Happy Valley.
River.
Peaky Blinders.
Ripper Street.
Taboo.
Whitechapel.
Hinterland.
Shetland.
Unforgotten.
Fargo.
Person of Interest.
The Mentalist.
Longmire.
Elementary.
Castle.
Gotham.
Agents of Shield.
Engrenages (Spiral).
Forbrydelsen (The Killing)
Bron/Broen (The Bridge)
Borgen.
Inspector Montalbano.
Salamander.
Ófærð (Trapped).
Wallender both the Krister Henriksson and Kenneth Branagh versions.
Braquo (not seen it yet but have the boxset and it has excellent reviews).
Breaking Bad - ditto.
Hannibal -ditto.
American Horror Story - ditto.
Deadwood - seen the first series and need to catch up.
Marcella.
Humans.
User avatar
Keyser
 
Posts: 12702
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:25 pm

Re: TV Shows.

Postby calitom » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:25 am

McAz wrote:I've just begun to watch Goliath on Amazon Prime - brilliant but shocking in places.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4687880/


Looks interesting.

ps-Paul Williams the great songwriter part of the cast. I didnt know he was still 'around'.
User avatar
calitom
 
Posts: 2965
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:21 am

Re: TV Shows.

Postby calitom » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:27 am

Keyser wrote:Just another list of dramas I have enjoyed over the last decade or so - I only have freeview so several series I have on boxsets and have not watched yet (as indicated). :smilin:

House.
The Wire.
Southland.
Homeland.
Sons of Anarchy.
Life on Mars.
Ashes to Ashes.
The Fall.
The Shadow Line.
Line of Duty.
Happy Valley.
River.
Peaky Blinders.
Ripper Street.
Taboo.
Whitechapel.
Hinterland.
Shetland.
Unforgotten.
Fargo.
Person of Interest.
The Mentalist.
Longmire.
Elementary.
Castle.
Gotham.
Agents of Shield.
Engrenages (Spiral).
Forbrydelsen (The Killing)
Bron/Broen (The Bridge)
Borgen.
Inspector Montalbano.
Salamander.
Ófærð (Trapped).
Wallender both the Krister Henriksson and Kenneth Branagh versions.
Braquo (not seen it yet but have the boxset and it has excellent reviews).
Breaking Bad - ditto.
Hannibal -ditto.
American Horror Story - ditto.
Deadwood - seen the first series and need to catch up.
Marcella.
Humans.


deadwood had the best dialogue since shakespeare
User avatar
calitom
 
Posts: 2965
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:21 am

PreviousNext

Return to Showbiz

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests