Films

Reality, Sports, Game Shows and films You name it. Yak about it in here.

Films

Postby mavis cruet » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:53 pm

Thought we could have a thread where we post the films we have watched recently and rate them. :smilin:
No spoilers please. Rate out of 10


LIFE ... 7.0 Sci-fi. Worth a watch if you can ignore some inconsistencies! Will someone please watch it and explain the end to me!

LOGAN ... 8.0 X Men.. Great film, i am a X Men film fan and thought this was great. Long film at 2hrs 15
User avatar
mavis cruet
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:34 pm

Re: Films

Postby Nucks » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:06 pm

Hi Mavis :Hiya:

Watched the new “IT” this past weekend. Genuinely creepy, and although different from the original, just as good IMO. Hope Chapter 2 is just as good. 7/10
User avatar
Nucks
 
Posts: 4407
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:59 am

Re: Films

Postby Trapper John » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:45 am

mavis cruet wrote:Thought we could have a thread where we post the films we have watched recently and rate them. :smilin:
No spoilers please. Rate out of 10


LIFE ... 7.0 Sci-fi. Worth a watch if you can ignore some inconsistencies! Will someone please watch it and explain the end to me!

LOGAN ... 8.0 X Men.. Great film, i am a X Men film fan and thought this was great. Long film at 2hrs 15


Spoiler: show
The lifeform got into the cpasule it wasn't supposed to and will no doubt take over the earth. The girl who was supposed to get back, just went hurtling off into space and infinity.
User avatar
Trapper John
Gunner.
 
Posts: 35501
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:36 pm
Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Re: Films

Postby mavis cruet » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:57 pm

Thank you TJ but ...
Spoiler: show
how come they had programmed for her to go down and him up yet it, predictably went the othr way round? That is what i could not work out :D
User avatar
mavis cruet
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:34 pm

Re: Films

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:25 pm

Black Panther. 10/10.

I would’ve said 9 because I fell asleep during a fight scene, they go on a bit in movies, but the music and eye candy ramps it up to 10. And we had to go 3D because the 2d was sold out, it was a feast of special effects!
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 21802
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: Films

Postby Rockstar » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:35 pm

Saw Going in Style on Prime recently.

7/10. It's a feel good light hearted movie with Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine in the lead. I'm an admirer of their acting so no complaints.
User avatar
Rockstar
 
Posts: 9427
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:40 pm

Re: Films

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:45 pm

Rockstar wrote:Saw Going in Style on Prime recently.

7/10. It's a feel good light hearted movie with Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine in the lead. I'm an admirer of their acting so no complaints.


Never heard of that film but I may take a look as I like those actors.
Miss Sloane on Prime is a slow burner but worth watching to the end, 8/10.
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 21802
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: Films

Postby mavis cruet » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:09 pm

That's 2 more for my list, cheers Lady M and Rockstar :smilin:
User avatar
mavis cruet
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:34 pm

Re: Films

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:59 pm

mavis cruet wrote:That's 2 more for my list, cheers Lady M and Rockstar :smilin:


Miss Sloane is losely based on my life. :wink:
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 21802
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: Films

Postby Dean » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:19 pm

A very good film I watched recently was ‘Radius’. Not had much publicity but is a very clever film, well worth a watch. 8/10
User avatar
Dean
 
Posts: 29038
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: Films

Postby Rockstar » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:37 pm

The Salesman.

9/10

It's an Iranian film about Persian take on Death of a Salesman.I think I may have mentioned it here before.
User avatar
Rockstar
 
Posts: 9427
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:40 pm

Re: Films

Postby mavis cruet » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:39 pm

Dean wrote:A very good film I watched recently was ‘Radius’. Not had much publicity but is a very clever film, well worth a watch. 8/10


Cheers Dean,
Watched it at the weekend, not bad for a low budget film but i personally would give it a 7, think they could have done a lot more with it, maybe there will be a 2nd one?
User avatar
mavis cruet
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:34 pm

Re: Films

Postby Mickyboy » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:55 pm

I saw some great movies when I was in Holland.....

Angels and Demons

Inferno

The Great Wall

Deepwater Horizon etc etc

At the weekend they also show uncensored porn films......... :kinell: :cool:
User avatar
Mickyboy
 
Posts: 4757
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:45 pm

Re: Films

Postby Keyser » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:43 pm

My brother got me Blade Runner 2049 for my birthday.

The reviews were excellent so I hope it lives to my expectations when I watch it later this week (although Hauer's towering performance and 'Tears in Rain' death soliloquy will never be matched).
User avatar
Keyser
 
Posts: 11041
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:25 pm

Re: Films

Postby Nucks » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:02 pm

Keyser wrote:My brother got me Blade Runner 2049 for my birthday.

The reviews were excellent so I hope it lives to my expectations when I watch it later this week (although Hauer's towering performance and 'Tears in Rain' death soliloquy will never be matched).


You going to rewatch the original first?
User avatar
Nucks
 
Posts: 4407
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:59 am

Next

Return to Showbiz

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest