Films

Re: Films

Postby Keyser » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:58 pm

Nucks wrote:
Keyser wrote:My brother got me Blade Runner 2049 for my birthday.

The reviews were excellent so I hope it lives to my expectations when I watch it later this week (although Hauer's towering performance and 'Tears in Rain' death soliloquy will never be matched).

You going to rewatch the original first?

Don't need to Nucks because I know the film off by heart and have watched Roy's death a thousand times - because it speaks to me personally and is so emotionally devastating. :smilin:
Keyser

Postby Nucks » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:52 am

Just watched the Lego Batman Movie this morning with my daughter. Very funny. :gigglesnshit: Not as good as The Lego Movie though.
Nucks

Postby mavis cruet » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:44 pm

Wonder Woman .... Marvel.... 7.5/10
Enjoyable, 2 hr 10 mins long. Can see the appeal for the men as she is naturally very very pretty. Wonder when film 2 will be out?
mavis cruet

Postby jp761 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:32 pm

mavis cruet wrote:Wonder Woman .... Marvel.... 7.5/10
Enjoyable, 2 hr 10 mins long. Can see the appeal for the men as she is naturally very very pretty. Wonder when film 2 will be out?
7.5/10 isn't so bad. I'll be watching it sooner or later, recorded it when it had it's premier on Sky Movies the other day.
jp761

Postby mavis cruet » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:42 pm

Annihilation ... Sci Fi ... 8.5/10 MUST SEE!!

Just now watched this and now need to read the book. I thought it was a great film.
mavis cruet

Postby Avon Barksdale » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:19 pm

Watched Bright on Netflix (did I mention I have Netflix now? Well I do. Just in case anyone missed me saying it. Netflix don't you know.)

It's one of their feature films with Will Smith as a cop who has an Orc for a partner, set in modern day Earth but where demons, fairies and other mythical creatures live alongside us.

Great concept. Not the best film in the world but entertaining enough and a welcome relief from the endless Marvel and DC universe films.
Avon Barksdale

Postby mavis cruet » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:50 pm

Hi Avon, :Hiya: I always tend to like Will Smith films, what do you give it out of 10?
Seeing as you have NETFILX are you going to watch Annihilation? :smilin:
mavis cruet

Postby Avon Barksdale » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:55 pm

mavis cruet wrote:Hi Avon, :Hiya: I always tend to like Will Smith films, what do you give it out of 10?

Hi Mavis.

I'd say 6. So worth a watch, entertaining but not a film that will stick in your memory.

Funnily enough Annihilation is the next film I would like to watch so I was intrigued to see your review!
Avon Barksdale

Postby mavis cruet » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:05 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
mavis cruet wrote:Hi Avon, :Hiya: I always tend to like Will Smith films, what do you give it out of 10?

Hi Mavis.

I'd say 6. So worth a watch, entertaining but not a film that will stick in your memory.

Funnily enough Annihilation is the next film I would like to watch so I was intrigued to see your review!

I shall look forward to your review then, you may hate it but was still thinking about it the next day! Book is £5 on ebay, and apparently it is part of a trilogy but i am not sure sure if all that was incorporated into the film or not, probs not so that they can make another 2 films.
mavis cruet

Postby Avon Barksdale » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:10 pm

mavis cruet wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:

Hi Mavis.

I shall look forward to your review then, you may hate it but was still thinking about it the next day! Book is £5 on ebay, and apparently it is part of a trilogy but i am not sure sure if all that was incorporated into the film or not, probs not so that they can make another 2 films.

I'll let you know but it sounds right up my street. I really liked both 28 Days Later and particularly Ex Machina so Alex Garland don't disappoint me *shakes fist in rage*
Avon Barksdale

Postby Dean » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:21 am

Bright is absolute garbage. Save yourself 2 hours
Dean

Postby McAz » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:27 am

I saw Hidden Figures the other day - not bad I thought. About racism/sexism in NASA.
McAz

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:20 am

Saw some fabulous films on the plane back. Charlie Chaplins City Lights- an absolute classic comedy. The Shape of Water- a love story between a mute cleaner and an alien fish thing, was as good as it sounds. Enchanted- a very sweet and astute story about the difference between men and women. :wubbers:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Keyser » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:50 am

Absolute classic overlooked.

Keyser

Postby Avon Barksdale » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:59 am

mavis cruet wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:

Hi Mavis.

Watched Annihilation over the weekend.

I thought it was good but not the masterpiece that some reviewers are making it out to be on social media. It had great cinematography, I liked the horror elements and the ratcheting up of tension and suspense (it reminded me a little of the Walking Dead before it got crap) and it made me think. I found parts of it a bit pretentious (particularly the bit in the Lighthouse) though.

I'd say 7.5 for me.
Avon Barksdale

PreviousNext

Return to TV And Radio