Just Seen......

Just Seen......

Postby Mickyboy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:30 pm

A documentary on BBC 4 about the genius that is Mike Oldfield the man behind one of the most brilliant pieces of music ever, the legendary Tubular Bells, an amazing piece of work.........
Mickyboy

Re: Just Seen......

Postby Dean » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:41 pm

And??
Dean

Postby Mickyboy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:43 pm

Dean wrote:And??

Any danger I can post one just one thread without u following me u pervert fucking stalker......... :roll:
Mickyboy

Postby Dean » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:45 pm

Mickyboy wrote:
Dean wrote:And??

Any danger I can post one just one thread without u following me u pervert fucking stalker......... :roll:

Stay on topic please Micky...
Dean

Postby Nucks » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:10 am

Love these two tracks..

and

Nucks

Postby Nucks » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:12 am

Mickyboy wrote:A documentary on BBC 4 about the genius that is Mike Oldfield the man behind one of the most brilliant pieces of music ever, the legendary Tubular Bells, an amazing piece of work.........

I have no doubt that The Exorcist wouldn’t have had the success it did without that piece of music.
Nucks

Postby Mickyboy » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:18 am

Nucks wrote:
Mickyboy wrote:A documentary on BBC 4 about the genius that is Mike Oldfield the man behind one of the most brilliant pieces of music ever, the legendary Tubular Bells, an amazing piece of work.........

I have no doubt that The Exorcist wouldn’t have had the success it did without that piece of music.

Indeed Nucks and Mike Oldfield played every instrument himself which is a remarkable feat in itself, but as u rightly say The Exorcist certainly wouldn't have had the impact it did if it hadn't been for the music, just them few notes right at the start of the album really set the mood, and they interviewed the director William Friedkin who said he went through loads of music before chancing on Tubular Bells, and within a couple of seconds he said THATS IT that's the music I need and The Exorcist was born, amazing..........
Mickyboy

Postby Nucks » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:57 am

:thumbsup:

I find memorable horror movies, more than other genres, will have a running theme music that stays with us and we only need to hear a few notes to feel that sense of eeriness again. The Exorcist absolutely qualifies for that. Other honourable mentions: Friday the 13th, 28 Days Later, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street. Sorry to digresss slightly.
Nucks

Postby Mickyboy » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:40 pm

Nucks wrote::thumbsup:

I find memorable horror movies, more than other genres, will have a running theme music that stays with us and we only need to hear a few notes to feel that sense of eeriness again. The Exorcist absolutely qualifies for that. Other honourable mentions: Friday the 13th, 28 Days Later, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street. Sorry to digresss slightly.

By coincidence Nucks the theatre production of The Exorcist is playing for the last time today in London with Peter Bowles from To The Manor Born and Jenny Seagrove playing the priest and Regans mum respectively, and I have to say I was extremely tempted until I saw the ticket prices, not paying 90 sovs sorry, but apparently its an excellent production with very good lighting and superior effects with Regans head turn and projectile vomiting etc but I can't justify the money atm.........
Mickyboy

Return to TV And Radio