LEXI'S SOAP WATCH

Re: LEXI'S SOAP WATCH

Postby Nucks » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:20 pm

jp761 wrote:
Nucks wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Nucks wrote:EE: thought the Mitch character has potential (Keegan’s dad) but seeing him nick the £3000 envelope meant for Ted & Joyce, it seems likely he'll bugger off into the sunset. Shame if he does.

Corrie: very dark storyline with David being drugged and assaulted by Josh.
Yes it is a very dark story line, one of those where I feel in two minds about it, on the one hand I think should they really be doing this especially at half 7. I know it wasn't graphic at all but even so. But it also highlights very serious issues which sometimes needs to be done.

On a much happier note, the set looks different more spacious and the picture on my TV looks even clearer still, also has more depth to it, could just be a man thing... Kym Marsh looks even hotter that's a bonus. :gigglesnshit:

Someone on DS made a good point about Corrie attempting these “issues”. Because of their time slot (prewatershed), it might be better if they did later time special episodes so they can give it a proper go, or just not bother with the sanitised version they tend to do. Like the Bethany grooming one.

Do you watch in HD?
True. And there's been some complaints(apparently 122 so far) to Ofcom. I guess that was inevitable.

Yes HD. You? I also note Corries picture are superior to EE, I know EE tends to go for a lot of low-key lighting/gloomy shots. But even if you think about the like-for-like comparison shots and bright scenes, Corrie has superior clarity and detail also the depth of the picture is better.

HD for me as well. I agree about the better quality picture for Corrie over EE. Olde Worlde Corrie looks dire by comparison. :gigglesnshit:
Nucks

Postby jp761 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:28 pm

Nucks wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Nucks wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Nucks wrote:EE: thought the Mitch character has potential (Keegan’s dad) but seeing him nick the £3000 envelope meant for Ted & Joyce, it seems likely he'll bugger off into the sunset. Shame if he does.

Corrie: very dark storyline with David being drugged and assaulted by Josh.
Yes it is a very dark story line, one of those where I feel in two minds about it, on the one hand I think should they really be doing this especially at half 7. I know it wasn't graphic at all but even so. But it also highlights very serious issues which sometimes needs to be done.

On a much happier note, the set looks different more spacious and the picture on my TV looks even clearer still, also has more depth to it, could just be a man thing... Kym Marsh looks even hotter that's a bonus. :gigglesnshit:

Someone on DS made a good point about Corrie attempting these “issues”. Because of their time slot (prewatershed), it might be better if they did later time special episodes so they can give it a proper go, or just not bother with the sanitised version they tend to do. Like the Bethany grooming one.

Do you watch in HD?
True. And there's been some complaints(apparently 122 so far) to Ofcom. I guess that was inevitable.

Yes HD. You? I also note Corries picture are superior to EE, I know EE tends to go for a lot of low-key lighting/gloomy shots. But even if you think about the like-for-like comparison shots and bright scenes, Corrie has superior clarity and detail also the depth of the picture is better.

HD for me as well. I agree about the better quality picture for Corrie over EE. Olde Worlde Corrie looks dire by comparison. :gigglesnshit:
Jack Duckworth's sticking plaster holding his glasses together probably doesn't show up too well then.. I'm sure that goes back a long way.. or maybe he always had that. :dunno:

Off to watch Snooker in HD of course what isn't available in HD now.
jp761

Postby Nucks » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:26 am

Old Corrie: good to see Vera stand up to her mum and have a nice moment with Jack. Even if the clock went missing. :gigglesnshit: Some funny lines there as well.
Nucks

Postby Kat » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:45 am

corri e is the only soap i watch now .but the one man story line has dragged on too long
Kat

Postby Keyser » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:38 pm

Kat wrote:corri e is the only soap i watch now .but the one man story line has dragged on too long

I would say the same about the Philth - about 25 bloody years too long. :laughing:
Keyser

Postby Nucks » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:41 am

Kat wrote:corri e is the only soap i watch now .but the one man story line has dragged on too long

They’ve milked it for all it’s worth and it needs to end. I know fans say other characters have gotten away with murder (Tracey Barlow) but his list of deeds is too long for it to be swept under the carpet. He’s not redeemable.
Nucks

Postby Keyser » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:00 pm

Yorke bringing his Philth worship to new heights on the show - why not simply make every character (male and female) simply drop to their knees and give Mitchell a blowjob out of sheer adoration and have done with it?

:Lucia:
Keyser

Postby jp761 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:26 pm

Nucks wrote:

They’ve milked it for all it’s worth and it needs to end. I know fans say other characters have gotten away with murder (Tracey Barlow) but his list of deeds is too long for it to be swept under the carpet. He’s not redeemable.
Is Phelan really dead or are we going to see him stroll into a fish n chip shop sodden wet to order cod and chips. :dunno:
jp761

Postby jp761 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:27 pm

Keyser wrote:Yorke bringing his Philth worship to new heights on the show - why not simply make every character (male and female) simply drop to their knees and give Mitchell a blowjob out of sheer adoration and have done with it?

Phil could beat up jack with just his pinkie. :trollface:

:mrgreen:
jp761

Postby Keyser » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:38 pm

jp761 wrote:
Keyser wrote:Yorke bringing his Philth worship to new heights on the show - why not simply make every character (male and female) simply drop to their knees and give Mitchell a blowjob out of sheer adoration and have done with it?

Phil could beat up jack with just his pinkie. :trollface:

:mrgreen:

Are you John Yorke? :monkey:
Keyser

Postby Nucks » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:48 am

jp761 wrote:
Nucks wrote:

Is Phelan really dead or are we going to see him stroll into a fish n chip shop sodden wet to order cod and chips. :dunno:

Soaps have a bad track record of not actually killing characters, giving them an opportunity to come back. Cathy in EE, Andy in Corrie. Anything is possible, jp. :mrgreen:
Nucks

Postby Keyser » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:42 pm

Nucks wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Nucks wrote:

Soaps have a bad track record of not actually killing characters, giving them an opportunity to come back. Cathy in EE, Andy in Corrie. Anything is possible, jp. :mrgreen:

EE killed their greatest icon - Den Watts - twice- the bloody fools. :brickwall:
Keyser

Postby Nucks » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:44 pm

Keyser wrote:
Nucks wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Nucks wrote:

EE killed their greatest icon - Den Watts - twice- the bloody fools. :brickwall:

I’ve only been watching a couple of years, don’t remember that character.
Nucks

Postby Keyser » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:43 pm

Far too many classic scenes to list but here are just two.

Keyser

Postby Nucks » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:22 pm

jp761 wrote:
Nucks wrote:

I’ve just caught up with the whole week. :gigglesnshit: I’m half expecting the story to do a nod to I Know What You Did Last Summer or have Pat become some eternal Jason Voorhees type. :laughing:
Nucks

PreviousNext

Return to TV And Radio