LEXI'S SOAP WATCH

Re: LEXI'S SOAP WATCH

Postby Syl » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:41 pm

Tyrone and Carla were not privy to what had happened, to them it was just an ordinary day, they had no idea of what was happening inside Roy and Hayleys flat, so in that way it was realistic.
My one criticism of the storyline is that Hayley ended her life too soon, she still had a good quality of life in comparison to millions of other people with terminal illness.
But this is a soap....and the storyline had to have a beginning a middle and an end.

I think tonights episode is going to be even more traumatic. :bawlin:
Syl

Postby Snuffleupagus » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:37 pm

Syl wrote:
Snuffleupagus wrote:Well Coronation Street excelled themselves again last night :bawlin:

Although I wasn't sure that Anna would have let herself in like that, I mean she pretty much knew what was going on (her face was reflected as much so poignantly) and could have interrupted an even more private moment between the two of them, ie just as she died, and not just after.

Still though, beautifully done. :bawlin:

It was beautifuly done....so very sad, especially when he said he would never leave her, and she replied she would never leave him either. :bawlin:
They have both acted this storyline out brilliantly, but Roys expressions of hurt and confusion...and his obvious deep love for her, have been heartbreaking.

I read that in the next few weeks he begins to really blame her for what she has put him through, which is probably how a person may react in RL if their loved one insists on leaving this life prematurely.

Yep, that is one of the stages of bereavement through suicide. Gonna be heartbreaking watching for a while, will have tissues ready again for this evening's episode. :bawlin:

Oooh, and the NTAs are on tonight as well, live :twirl:

- Julie Hesmondhalgh and David Neilson (Hayley and Roy) have been nominated in the serial drama category for their poignant scenes, the vote only closed this afternoon, so you never know....
Snuffleupagus

Postby Syl » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:45 pm

Snuffleupagus wrote:
Syl wrote:
Snuffleupagus wrote:Well Coronation Street excelled themselves again last night :bawlin:

Although I wasn't sure that Anna would have let herself in like that, I mean she pretty much knew what was going on (her face was reflected as much so poignantly) and could have interrupted an even more private moment between the two of them, ie just as she died, and not just after.

It was beautifuly done....so very sad, especially when he said he would never leave her, and she replied she would never leave him either. :bawlin:
They have both acted this storyline out brilliantly, but Roys expressions of hurt and confusion...and his obvious deep love for her, have been heartbreaking.

I read that in the next few weeks he begins to really blame her for what she has put him through, which is probably how a person may react in RL if their loved one insists on leaving this life prematurely.

Yep, that is one of the stages of bereavement through suicide. Gonna be heartbreaking watching for a while, will have tissues ready again for this evening's episode. :bawlin:

I have set the Sky plus...I will watch the awards in peace unterupted later on when OH has gone to bed. :thumbsup:

I wonder if Hayley and Roy will get a joint award? It will be hard to choose one over the other, but if it had to be done I would choose Roy...his facial expressions break my heart. :bawlin:
Syl

Postby Snuffleupagus » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:53 pm

Syl wrote:
Snuffleupagus wrote:
Syl wrote:

I have set the Sky plus...I will watch the awards in peace unterupted later on when OH has gone to bed. :thumbsup:

I wonder if Hayley and Roy will get a joint award? It will be hard to choose one over the other, but if it had to be done I would choose Roy...his facial expressions break my heart. :bawlin:

Yes, I edited my post while you were replying - they've been nominated, hope they win it, although that'll be me crying again :bawlin: :oops:
Snuffleupagus

Postby Kat » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:29 am

well last night it was another tear jerker - wonder if the truth will prey heavy on roy and anna too now ? how will fizz react if she finds out - they have touched on her feeling guilty of not being able to tell hayley she loved her :bawlin:
Kat

Postby Raggamuffin » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:22 am

Kat wrote:well last night it was another tear jerker - wonder if the truth will prey heavy on roy and anna too now ? how will fizz react if she finds out - they have touched on her feeling guilty of not being able to tell hayley she loved her :bawlin:

If it's discovered that Hayley took an overdose, the fact that Anna took the glass away will look a bit supicious. Carla knows what happened though - she asked if any more washing up needed to be done.

Fiz will have a go at Roy, but she should get her nose out - it was Hayley's choice, and Fiz should have noticed that Hayley was trying to say goodbye.
Raggamuffin

Postby Syl » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:14 pm

Hayley won the award and shared it on stage with Roy. :wubbers:

Last night Roys face when the undertakers took out her body was so moving. :bawlin:
The Dr seemed to think Hayley died naturally....I wonder if thats a sign that her death wont be viewed as suspicious??
Syl

Postby Kat » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:49 pm

nta was great last night - i watched the corrie bits and fast forward the rest - re the dr im not so sure syl i think she might have had a bit of a wobble there - and anna taking the cert off her - choose what she might have thought she didnt let on
Kat

Postby Syl » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:49 pm

I wonder how Corrie will handle this.
If Hayleys suicide goes unoticed it could be seen as encouraging people to act this way without anyone being suspicious.
We know it's a soap...but many people take it as real.
I mentioned before that lots of people have written in offering Roy a home. :dunno:
Syl

Postby Kat » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:20 am

another sad one last night - more people getting to know what hayley has done - ty now
Kat

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:10 am

Kat wrote:another sad one last night - more people getting to know what hayley has done - ty now

Just catching up on Corrie. See what Hayley has done to Roy? Not only does he have to contend with losing her, he has to deal with his own guilt and the feeling that he should have stopped her.
Raggamuffin

Postby Kat » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:21 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Kat wrote:another sad one last night - more people getting to know what hayley has done - ty now

Just catching up on Corrie. See what Hayley has done to Roy? Not only does he have to contend with losing her, he has to deal with his own guilt and the feeling that he should have stopped her.
i know what you mean ragga as the sory unfolds shes gonna be made out to be a selfish person - imo there is too many that know now and you can see where this story line might go
Kat

Postby Syl » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:57 pm

The scene in the Rovers...where after Hayleys funeral they all started singing along to the Carpenters "close to you"
It was so sad. :bawlin: :bawlin: :bawlin:
Syl

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:09 pm

Kat wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

i know what you mean ragga as the sory unfolds shes gonna be made out to be a selfish person - imo there is too many that know now and you can see where this story line might go

Have you noticed how many times it's been said on Corrie that she put others first? Well she didn't put Roy first, so I suppose he's sick of hearing that.
Raggamuffin

Postby Raggamuffin » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:22 pm

I wish Tina would do something about her hair. That silly hairstyle she has is fine for a 6-year old, but not for her. She could have a nice shoulder-length layered style or something.
Raggamuffin

PreviousNext

Return to TV And Radio