LEXI'S SOAP WATCH

Re: LEXI'S SOAP WATCH

Postby Raggamuffin » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:53 am

Snuffleupagus wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Snuffleupagus wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:So Hayley's story is at an end. I can't say I'm sorry - it's been quite awful to watch really. All these plans to kill herself with Roy's help - does she not understand that he could be arrested for that? Does she not understand that others will blame him afterwards?

It's all bound to be investigated Ragga, but she did prepare her "drink" herself while he was out of the room, and did tell him that "whatever happened" he wasn't to touch the glass/jug/medication etc.

What about the guilt and regret that he's bound to feel? She shouldn't have told him she was going to do it. She didn't need his help did she? Now he has to lie to the police if it's investigated, and she knows that he's no good at lying. She didn't think of his future at all.

Well to some extent Ragga those taking their own lives aren't really thinking about those who they are leaving behind, even though they may think that they are. (Eeek, not getting too deep into that one.)

I see what you mean though, if she hadn't told him beforehand the aftermath may have been easier for him in practicality, although then he would have had different emotional issues to deal with.

I think that applies to those who are desperate. Hayley wasn't desperate. She planned it all when she felt relatively well, and all because she didn't want to regress to being "Harold". She made Roy go along with her by leaving when he refused, and she nagged him until he agreed.
Raggamuffin

Postby Snuffleupagus » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:57 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Snuffleupagus wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Snuffleupagus wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:So Hayley's story is at an end. I can't say I'm sorry - it's been quite awful to watch really. All these plans to kill herself with Roy's help - does she not understand that he could be arrested for that? Does she not understand that others will blame him afterwards?

It's all bound to be investigated Ragga, but she did prepare her "drink" herself while he was out of the room, and did tell him that "whatever happened" he wasn't to touch the glass/jug/medication etc.

What about the guilt and regret that he's bound to feel? She shouldn't have told him she was going to do it. She didn't need his help did she? Now he has to lie to the police if it's investigated, and she knows that he's no good at lying. She didn't think of his future at all.

Well to some extent Ragga those taking their own lives aren't really thinking about those who they are leaving behind, even though they may think that they are. (Eeek, not getting too deep into that one.)

I see what you mean though, if she hadn't told him beforehand the aftermath may have been easier for him in practicality, although then he would have had different emotional issues to deal with.

I think that applies to those who are desperate. Hayley wasn't desperate. She planned it all when she felt relatively well, and all because she didn't want to regress to being "Harold". She made Roy go along with her by leaving when he refused, and she nagged him until he agreed.

Yes, she was trying to remove a potential burden from him (watching her get more ill etc) and herself, but potentially landed him with another burden in the aftermath.

Also, yes, poor Roy, she didn't give him any choice, even when he wanted to keep her for just one more day.
Snuffleupagus

Postby Raggamuffin » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:59 am

Snuffleupagus wrote:

Yes, she was trying to remove a potential burden from him (watching her get more ill etc) and herself, but potentially landed him with another burden in the aftermath.

Also, yes, poor Roy, she didn't give him any choice, even when he wanted to keep her for just one more day.

She didn't care about the burden on him re looking after her, she was just concerned about her mind going. He didn't mind looking after her - he made that clear. I don't like what she did to him at all.
Raggamuffin

Postby Snuffleupagus » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:02 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Snuffleupagus wrote:

She didn't care about the burden on him re looking after her, she was just concerned about her mind going. He didn't mind looking after her - he made that clear. I don't like what she did to him at all.

You're right Ragga, she was only thinking of wanting to still be herself, but for herself, not for him (or not that she said).

Upcoming episodes are going to be very hard to take I think.
Snuffleupagus

Postby Raggamuffin » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:03 am

Snuffleupagus wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Snuffleupagus wrote:

You're right Ragga, she was only thinking of wanting to still be herself, but for herself, not for him (or not that she said).

I hope he gets together with Mary actually - I reckon they'd be good for each other. :wubbers:
Raggamuffin

Postby Snuffleupagus » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:05 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Snuffleupagus wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Snuffleupagus wrote:

I hope he gets together with Mary actually - I reckon they'd be good for each other. :wubbers:

Ha ha, yes - they would :wubbers:

However, I don't know if Roy would ever have another partner after his beloved Hayley. :bawlin:
Snuffleupagus

Postby Raggamuffin » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:07 am

Snuffleupagus wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Snuffleupagus wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Snuffleupagus wrote:

However, I don't know if Roy would ever have another partner after his beloved Hayley. :bawlin:

Good friends then. They both like chess, and I reckon she could get interested in trains too. Hayley never really shared his interests.

I wonder if his mother will come back. :laughing:
Raggamuffin

Postby Kat » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:10 am

yes roys mother soon did a runner when it got a bit tough - i was hoping that becky would come back just a one off
Kat

Postby Raggamuffin » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:20 am

Kat wrote:yes roys mother soon did a runner when it got a bit tough - i was hoping that becky would come back just a one off

Me too. I miss Becky, especially now that Michelle is being such a cow to Steve. :bawlin: Still, it was Steve's fault - he dumped Becky.
Raggamuffin

Postby Kat » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:31 am

i miss becky - i think they have tried to make kylie a bit like becky but becky was funny - another story line im a bit hacked off with at min is that leanne and nick on off thing
Kat

Postby Raggamuffin » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:41 am

Kat wrote:i miss becky - i think they have tried to make kylie a bit like becky but becky was funny - another story line im a bit hacked off with at min is that leanne and nick on off thing

Yes. It would help if he shaved off that rather sinister beard. :laughing:
Raggamuffin

Postby Kat » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:43 am

wouldnt it - he looks a right pillock :gigglesnshit:
Kat

Postby Snuffleupagus » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:16 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Snuffleupagus wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Snuffleupagus wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:She didn't care about the burden on him re looking after her, she was just concerned about her mind going. He didn't mind looking after her - he made that clear. I don't like what she did to him at all.

Good friends then. They both like chess, and I reckon she could get interested in trains too. Hayley never really shared his interests.

I wonder if his mother will come back. :laughing:

Yes, they would be great friends.

Love Sylvia, hope she does come back. :laughing:
Snuffleupagus

Postby Syl » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:53 pm

Snuffleupagus wrote:Well Coronation Street excelled themselves again last night :bawlin:

Although I wasn't sure that Anna would have let herself in like that, I mean she pretty much knew what was going on (her face was reflected as much so poignantly) and could have interrupted an even more private moment between the two of them, ie just as she died, and not just after.

Still though, beautifully done. :bawlin:

It was beautifuly done....so very sad, especially when he said he would never leave her, and she replied she would never leave him either. :bawlin:
They have both acted this storyline out brilliantly, but Roys expressions of hurt and confusion...and his obvious deep love for her, have been heartbreaking.

I read that in the next few weeks he begins to really blame her for what she has put him through, which is probably how a person may react in RL if their loved one insists on leaving this life prematurely.
Syl

Postby Raggamuffin » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:58 am

I hated that bit where Hayley ironed Roy's best shirt for the funeral. It was like she was almost trying to upset him.

I found the whole thing quite awful, especially the bit where Tyrone was obsessing about that toy kangaroo and kept on and on about it, and Carla was virtually trying to break in. FFS.
Raggamuffin

PreviousNext

Return to TV And Radio