The Pillars of the Earth

The Pillars of the Earth

Postby Dimples » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:54 am

Did anyone watch the extended opening episode of this on Channel 4 on Saturday night?

I thought it was excellent. :thumbsup: It just so happens that Mr Ploppy started reading this book on the way back from our holidays so he's still reading furiously to try to stay ahead of the story in the TV programme. :pmsl:
Dimples

Re: The Pillars of the Earth

Postby Lemon » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:03 pm

Mrs Ploppy wrote:Did anyone watch the extended opening episode of this on Channel 4 on Saturday night?

I thought it was excellent. :thumbsup: It just so happens that Mr Ploppy started reading this book on the way back from our holidays so he's still reading furiously to try to stay ahead of the story in the TV programme. :pmsl:

Yes. I particularly liked the scene where the accused witch pissed on the bishop's table then stabbed the sanctimonious old fucker in the chest. That's what I call Girl Power. :canny:
Lemon

Postby Dimples » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:53 pm

I understand they haven't made Regan ugly enough. It's a shame when they do this in TV dramas. In the book, she is described as having boils and growths on her face - in the TV drama, she has what looks like a superficial graze on her face. :roll:

Maybe a lot of actresses can't cope with being made-up to look ugly. If so, it's a shame because surely this is something that an accomplished actress ought to be able to deal with?
Dimples

Postby Lemon » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:51 pm

Mrs Ploppy wrote:I understand they haven't made Regan ugly enough. It's a shame when they do this in TV dramas. In the book, she is described as having boils and growths on her face - in the TV drama, she has what looks like a superficial graze on her face. :roll:

Maybe a lot of actresses can't cope with being made-up to look ugly. If so, it's a shame because surely this is something that an accomplished actress ought to be able to deal with?

I haven't read the book...are they any good.
Lemon

Postby Dimples » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:52 pm

quartzcrystal wrote:
Mrs Ploppy wrote:I understand they haven't made Regan ugly enough. It's a shame when they do this in TV dramas. In the book, she is described as having boils and growths on her face - in the TV drama, she has what looks like a superficial graze on her face. :roll:

I haven't read the book...are they any good.

Well, I haven't read it myself yet - but Mr Ploppy assures me it's an excellent read. :thumbsup:
Dimples

Return to TV And Radio