Radio 6 Music

Radio 6 Music

Postby Stooo » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:33 pm

I do like my R6 in the afternoons and at the weekends but today was a sad day, Shaun Keaveny hung up his broadcasting headphones for the last time until he does it again.

Steve Lamacq gave him a half hour 'This Is Your Life' on the handover yesterday but today was pure self-indulgence and it was glorious :drool: :twirl: The last ten mins were ace, all sorts of stuff about community gardens (a clear shout out to Wogan) acknowledging that he had actually built something that will last without having to write a sit-com, loads of thank you's and crying and some awesome choons :hap:

I was loving it until he balls'd up the '(bloody) Hill St. Blues' bed and it got real, the last broadcast on R6 of someone that you could relate to. Craig Charles has the spot from next week but although I love his musical choices I think that he's a bit of a cunt but I'll give it a go anyway :smilin:

I was heading towards the motorway when the penultimate song came on:

phpBB [video]

Beautiful song but I can smell onions :ooer:

Final track:

phpBB [video]

Blubbing like a baby :bawlin:

The radio went dead after it ended, a good ten seconds and then...

HAH!

:hand: All the best Mr K :wubbers:
Stooo
Site Admin

Re: Radio 6 Music

Postby Stooo » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:35 pm

I can't stand Craig Charles apart from when he was playing Lister in RD obs so I'll just put that there.

However, the man knows his music and I've happily tuned in to his funk and soul broadcasts because of the sheer quality of the content. Today he took over the afternoon show and I'm still impressed.

Plenty of Indie classics, some fucking Cuban stuff, a version of 'Grapevine' that blew me away and the Trunk of Punk to look forward to :canny:

He's still a fucking twat though :thumbsup:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:00 pm

Oh wow, found it :hap:

phpBB [video]
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:21 pm

Trunk of Punk started with XRay Spex and ended with 'Pretty Vacant' which is frankly shit.

Listening back to Poly Styrene, she does have a gorgeously rich folk singing voice :wubbers:
Stooo
Site Admin

Return to TV And Radio