Who Killed Billie-Jo. Tonight. 14th. 10pm Ch5.

Who Killed Billie-Jo. Tonight. 14th. 10pm Ch5.

Postby common sense » Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:53 pm

Apparently a very good in-depth documentary that was first shown last year. A very troubling case. I know most think Sion Jenkins killed 14 year-old Billie-Joe, his stepdaugher, as she painted the patio but I have my doubts as he hadn't really the time. A tramp was seen lurking nearby in the previous few days and then was allegedly seen running away covered in paint and blood. She also told friends that she felt she was being stalked and you could see their garden from the park nearby. Still, police were convinced Sion did it.

All that convicted Jenkins, besides flimsy circumstantial evidence, were minute particles of blood. Two pathologists differed in how he could have got those. By killing her or her exhaling when he cradled her after death? The jury leaned towards the former but this conviction was declared unsafe and he was released. A further trial resulted in no verdict reached by the jury. Think it was 9-3 and they couldn't get to 10-2 which the judge would have accepted. So he's a free man, has re-married and studied for a Degree then PHD - in LAW.! Police were sure they had their man so didn't bother investigating further. Well the tramp was taken in but he attacked a WPC arresting him and a duty solicitor said he wasn't fit to be interviewed.

Wife was shopping with one girl and Sion was going to buy white spirit at the time with his other real daughters. His wife testified against him and said he abused her. Rumours also of him liking young girls and an alleged involvement with pretty Billie-Jo. That still doesn't mean he killed her.

She's buried in the cemetery near us as she came from East Ham. There was trouble at her funeral in the chapel there as her real mother banned her adopted mum and girls from the funeral. Sion was on remand. They still turned up. Police attended and said that it was a public place and they'd a right to be there so her real mum walked out in protest. The priest in the end pacified them all and said they were here for poor Billie-Jo.

I laid some flowers on her grave once. It's surrounded by alarms linked to the nearby police station now as was desecrated several times by local youths and Sion supporters. What a sad case. Ex wife and daughters have nothing to do with him and now live in Tasmania.
common sense

Re: Who Killed Billie-Jo. Tonight. 14th. 10pm Ch5.

Postby Stooo » Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:55 pm

You need to actually link to something when starting a thread, If you don't I'll move it to the music thread.

phpBB [video]
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:12 pm

Good lad.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby common sense » Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:56 pm

Am still 60-40 about him, erring on the side of him being guilty. Surely he hadn't time to do it and drive with the other girls to Wickes and return. Also whoever did it should have been covered in blood surely.
common sense

Postby Grafenwalder » Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:49 pm

common sense wrote:Am still 60-40 about him, erring on the side of him being guilty. Surely he hadn't time to do it and drive with the other girls to Wickes and return. Also whoever did it should have been covered in blood surely.

I've seen other docs on Billie-Jo's murder but missed this documentary and as its new I may well give it a watch on catch up.

I wasn't convinced at the time Sion Jenkins had murdered her and doubt anything has changed.
Grafenwalder

Return to TV And Radio