What have the Tories achieved

Re: What have the Tories achieved

Postby Si_Crewe » Fri May 25, 2018 10:25 am

Claire wrote:Ruth?

Gotta say, I think Ruth Davidson is a pretty decent sort.
Whenever she appears on shows like Question Time, she always seems fairly reasonable and she answers questions rather than evading them.
With more people like her in the tory party, instead of cartoon villains such as Gove, Bobo, Hammond and Hunt, the Labour party would be running scared.

On topic, I think the OP raises a fair point.
Even if we assume that the tories have been acting in the best interests of the country and we count "keeping a Marxist Labour party out" as an achievement, it's not much of a legacy.
You'd think a competent government would, at least, realise there was some PR value in creating something that people would be able to look back on and say "well, at least they did [thing]" but there's very little.

Perhaps, at best, it might be argued that they oversaw the hosting of the Olympics and all the new facilities that provided?
I'm sure the people of London might be happy with that but the rest of the country, not so much.
Si_Crewe

Postby Cannydc » Fri May 25, 2018 10:28 am

Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:"...its not working lol. "

GOOD

I imagine with horror the thought of a Labour government taking over in the near future.

The idea that the complete clusterfuck visited on the UK by Dave and Treeza could in any way be blamed on Labour is the stuff of nightmares.

For once, the Tories can own their fuck-ups. And good luck with that.

#JC4PM (but not until 2022)

Not much chance of that
Even someone called "don't know" is preferred to Jeremy Corbyn

We shall see.

Try reading the readers comments on political stories in your rightie rags and see what they think of Treeza.

Then work out who will be your leader if she 'does a Dave'.

Good luck with that. Let us know when you find a name that doesn't divide Tories even more than Treeza. (That Scots lass says no, by the way)

Here's a few of those comments in the Wail....

"May is proving herself to be a liar and her dealings for Brexit show that she is not worthy of the position of Prime Minister"

"May does not like democracy, nor does she like 'ordinary' people speaking out."

"We are going round in circles with May as Prime Minister."

"May tells the majority what they want to hear, But she lies between her teeth, a PM not to be trusted."

"Her complete incompetence is rapidly becoming legendary."

Fill your boots, plenty more here. And we await your idea of her replacement.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... iners.html
Cannydc

Postby Claire » Fri May 25, 2018 10:29 am

Si_Crewe wrote:

Whenever she appears on shows like Question Time, she always seems fairly reasonable and she answers questions rather than evading them.
With more people like her in the tory party, instead of cartoon villains such as Gove, Bobo, Hammond and Hunt, the Labour party would be running scared.

Even if we assume that the tories have been acting in the best interests of the country and we count "keeping a Marxist Labour party out" as an achievement, it's not much of a legacy.
You'd think a competent government would, at least, realise there was some PR value in creating something that people would be able to look back on and say "well, at least they did [thing]" but there's very little.

Perhaps, at best, it might be argued that they oversaw the hosting of the Olympics and all the new facilities that provided?
I'm sure the people of London might be happy with that but the rest of the country, not so much.

She has more faces than the town clock and has lost control of her party up here. Far too many racists and bigots have become councillors or MSPs.
Claire

Postby Si_Crewe » Fri May 25, 2018 10:30 am

Claire wrote:She has more faces than the town clock and has lost control of her party up here. Far too many racists and bigots have become councillors or MSPs.

I wasn't aware of that.

:link:
Si_Crewe

Postby Cannydc » Fri May 25, 2018 10:32 am

Claire wrote:
Si_Crewe wrote:

She has more faces than the town clock and has lost control of her party up here. Far too many racists and bigots have become councillors or MSPs.

With a Tory dominated, London-centric press down here, we don't get to hear the other side of Ruthless.
Cannydc

Postby Claire » Fri May 25, 2018 10:34 am

Si_Crewe wrote:
Claire wrote:She has more faces than the town clock and has lost control of her party up here. Far too many racists and bigots have become councillors or MSPs.

I wasn't aware of that.

:link:
Just read the Herald or the Record. It's all over twitter too if you're on there.
Claire

Postby Claire » Fri May 25, 2018 10:35 am

Cannydc wrote:
Claire wrote:
Si_Crewe wrote:

With a Tory dominated, London-centric press down here, we don't get to hear the other side of Ruthless.

Just read her twitter feed!
Claire

Postby Claire » Fri May 25, 2018 10:37 am

BTW, you should both join the quiz :thumbsup:
Claire

Postby Guest » Fri May 25, 2018 2:02 pm

GOOD

I imagine with horror the thought of a Labour government taking over in the near future.

The idea that the complete clusterfuck visited on the UK by Dave and Treeza could in any way be blamed on Labour is the stuff of nightmares.

...lol in 2022 the gbp are going to elect a 72 yr old anti-semite shrugger who wont commit to brexit.

You crack us up canny lol.

So you would prefer corbyn vote down ge bill until 2022. You are a grade A idiot :pmsl:

Postby Cannydc » Fri May 25, 2018 3:39 pm

Guest wrote:

GOOD

...lol in 2022 the gbp are going to elect a 72 yr old anti-semite shrugger who wont commit to brexit.

You crack us up canny lol.

So you would prefer corbyn vote down ge bill until 2022. You are a grade A idiot :pmsl:

Just a case of ANYONE BUT THE TORIES.

Remember 1997.... What goes around...
Cannydc

Postby Cannydc » Fri May 25, 2018 3:41 pm

FAO Claire

What quiz ? Love doing them, let me know please...
Cannydc

Postby Claire » Fri May 25, 2018 3:54 pm

Cannydc wrote:FAO Claire

What quiz ? Love doing them, let me know please...

http://www.thesleepingdogs.net/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=46645&sid=7f05dfcbd09f03801c8aa348b5ae3da4

:thumbsup:
Claire

Postby Claire » Fri May 25, 2018 3:55 pm

Ask in the thread for the password and one of the admin will send it to you as a message or a warning :gigglesnshit:
Claire

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri May 25, 2018 5:44 pm

What have the Tories achieved .... a divided nation.
Fear.
Uncertainty.
Insecurity.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Claire » Fri May 25, 2018 5:49 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:What have the Tories achieved .... a divided nation.
Fear.
Uncertainty.
Insecurity.

Do you think they'll achieve the break up of the Union Jack?
Claire

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs