What! No Congratulations For Trump?

Re: What! No Congratulations For Trump?

Postby Stooo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:43 am

On the face of it, the agreement signed by Trump and Kim seems promising. “President Trump committed to provide security guarantees to the DPRK, and Chairman Kim Jong Un reaffirmed his firm and unwavering commitment to complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula,” the statement read.

But this is not the first time North Korea has promised to abandon its nuclear efforts. (In truth, even this was simply a reaffirmation of a denuclearization pledge Kim had already made in April.) Nor is it the second time, or the third. The offer has resurfaced over the past several decades with surprising regularity. And it has never panned out so far.


https://www.wired.com/story/north-korea ... e-history/
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 86620
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:24 am
Location: Everywhere, like shit in a field.

Re: What! No Congratulations For Trump?

Postby Punk » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:04 pm

Stooo wrote:
On the face of it, the agreement signed by Trump and Kim seems promising. “President Trump committed to provide security guarantees to the DPRK, and Chairman Kim Jong Un reaffirmed his firm and unwavering commitment to complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula,” the statement read.

But this is not the first time North Korea has promised to abandon its nuclear efforts. (In truth, even this was simply a reaffirmation of a denuclearization pledge Kim had already made in April.) Nor is it the second time, or the third. The offer has resurfaced over the past several decades with surprising regularity. And it has never panned out so far.


https://www.wired.com/story/north-korea ... e-history/


Trump won no concessions and now China are seriously pissed off on two fronts. :shake head:
User avatar
Punk
 
Posts: 6888
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:10 pm
Location: Upper Sydenham

Re: What! No Congratulations For Trump?

Postby Si_Crewe » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:13 pm

"They have great beaches."

It's like we're all living in Bizarro-World sometimes, these days.

It's not that long ago that NK shipped a yank kid back to the USA, after he went to NK on holiday, tried to nick a propaganda poster as a memento, got convicted of being a dissident, was sentenced to 40 years hard labour, tortured and experimented on for 2 years and then lapsed into a coma, forcing NK to ship him home... whereupon he promptly died.

But, hey.
They have "great beaches", so it's all good, amirite? :shake head:
User avatar
Si_Crewe
 
Posts: 4585
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:33 am

Re: What! No Congratulations For Trump?

Postby banana chewits » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:48 pm

he only did it so he can expand his shitty hotel chain into north korea.
User avatar
banana chewits
 
Posts: 1668
Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 11:55 pm

Re: What! No Congratulations For Trump?

Postby MungoBrush » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:00 pm

banana chewits wrote:he only did it so he can expand his shitty hotel chain into north korea.


North Korea could provide a new source of cheap labour for US manufacturers
China and South Korea are getting expensive with rising wages
Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Pakistan etc all currently in the process of being exploited

Maybe it's labour exploitation that is driving this deal.
Or all those juicy new government contracts for new infrastructure like phone networks etc etc.

Remember as far as Trump is concerned - it's America First
User avatar
MungoBrush
 
Posts: 1115
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:03 pm

Re: What! No Congratulations For Trump?

Postby banana chewits » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:25 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
banana chewits wrote:he only did it so he can expand his shitty hotel chain into north korea.


North Korea could provide a new source of cheap labour for US manufacturers
China and South Korea are getting expensive with rising wages
Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Pakistan etc all currently in the process of being exploited

Maybe it's labour exploitation that is driving this deal.
Or all those juicy new government contracts for new infrastructure like phone networks etc etc.

Remember as far as Trump is concerned - it's America First


as far as trump is concerned, it's america first after trump.
User avatar
banana chewits
 
Posts: 1668
Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 11:55 pm

Re: What! No Congratulations For Trump?

Postby Stooo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:34 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
banana chewits wrote:he only did it so he can expand his shitty hotel chain into north korea.


North Korea could provide a new source of cheap labour for US manufacturers
China and South Korea are getting expensive with rising wages
Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Pakistan etc all currently in the process of being exploited

Maybe it's labour exploitation that is driving this deal.
Or all those juicy new government contracts for new infrastructure like phone networks etc etc.

Remember as far as Trump is concerned - it's America First


You mean slavery.
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 86620
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:24 am
Location: Everywhere, like shit in a field.

Re: What! No Congratulations For Trump?

Postby Trapper John » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:34 pm

Lefty Liberals are just the worst losers in the world. :gigglesnshit:
User avatar
Trapper John
Gunner.
 
Posts: 35973
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:36 am
Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Re: What! No Congratulations For Trump?

Postby Cannydc » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:05 pm

Trapper John wrote:Lefty Liberals are just the worst losers in the world. :gigglesnshit:


Who won, TJ ?
User avatar
Cannydc
 
Posts: 12589
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:59 pm

Re: What! No Congratulations For Trump?

Postby Stooo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:19 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Lefty Liberals are just the worst losers in the world. :gigglesnshit:


Who won, TJ ?


NK, the reduction of sanctions and a potential seat at the grown-ups' table, all for a vague promise of disarming that has been mooted before.

45 has picked up a few hints what with internment camps for children on the US border.
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 86620
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:24 am
Location: Everywhere, like shit in a field.

Re: What! No Congratulations For Trump?

Postby MungoBrush » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:24 pm

Stooo wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Lefty Liberals are just the worst losers in the world. :gigglesnshit:


Who won, TJ ?


NK, the reduction of sanctions and a potential seat at the grown-ups' table, all for a vague promise of disarming that has been mooted before.

45 has picked up a few hints what with internment camps for children on the US border.


Maybe he can import a few cheap North Korean builders to help with that wall.
User avatar
MungoBrush
 
Posts: 1115
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:03 pm

Re: What! No Congratulations For Trump?

Postby Stooo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:25 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Lefty Liberals are just the worst losers in the world. :gigglesnshit:


Who won, TJ ?


NK, the reduction of sanctions and a potential seat at the grown-ups' table, all for a vague promise of disarming that has been mooted before.

45 has picked up a few hints what with internment camps for children on the US border.


Maybe he can import a few cheap North Korean builders to help with that wall.


Slaves? Sadly it's not something that can be ruled out.
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 86620
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:24 am
Location: Everywhere, like shit in a field.

Re: What! No Congratulations For Trump?

Postby Punk » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:21 pm

Image
User avatar
Punk
 
Posts: 6888
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:10 pm
Location: Upper Sydenham

Re: What! No Congratulations For Trump?

Postby Rockstar » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:47 pm

Trapper John wrote:So a rogue nation



What has North Korea ever done to you? :dunno:
User avatar
Rockstar
 
Posts: 12515
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:40 pm

Re: What! No Congratulations For Trump?

Postby Stooo » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:53 pm

Punk wrote:Image


Pictures of concentration camps for kids who have been taken from their parents are starting to surface :shake head:
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 86620
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:24 am
Location: Everywhere, like shit in a field.

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests