FORECAST TONIGHT'S BREXIT VOTE.

Re: FORECAST TONIGHT'S BREXIT VOTE.

Postby art0hur0moh » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:53 pm

it was labour who changed the laws, permitting councils to invest in the u.s mortgage bubble. due to the lack of transparentcy there was no information provided to councils. then again it was the torys who changed the banking laws permitting banks to cook the books. to spend a few weeks watching who enters and leaves the lobbies would yield far more information than watching a Parliamentary debate.
art0hur0moh

Postby Cannydc » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:13 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:
Maddog wrote:Would the EU even want Scotland?? :dunno:

Is an independent Scotland without the transfer of wealth from it's southern neighbor economically stable enough to be of any value to the EU? They don't need another country that will drain the system.

Will other "wealthy-ish" countries bail out of the EU?

a couple of million pounds in oil per day! and even without oil it would hardly faze the scotish economy, accouting for near 1/5 of gbp, with less than 10% of the population. an independent scotland would become an economic powerhouse. joining the eu would probably be worse for us than the past 300 years have been.

Where on earth do you get your figures from, Art ?

Scotland supplies 20% of UK GDP ?

Scotland's GDP = ‎$237.618 billion (Nominal; 2018 est.) UK GDP is $2,622.000 billion.

So Scotland supplies well under 10% of UK GDP. And the oil is running out. Fast.
Cannydc

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:25 pm

I forecast May will remain...a bit longer.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Cannydc » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:01 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:I forecast May will remain...a bit longer.

Agreed.

But I think the term "stagger on" is in order here. And she has decided to 'reach out' to fellow parliamentarians - to achieve what,if her red lines remain, and the EU is steadfast?

Something has to give, and it can only be May and her rotten, useless government.
Cannydc

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:22 pm

Cannydc wrote:

Agreed.

But I think the term "stagger on" is in order here. And she has decided to 'reach out' to fellow parliamentarians - to achieve what,if her red lines remain, and the EU is steadfast?

Something has to give, and it can only be May and her rotten, useless government.

What I don’t get is why did she go ahead with the vote yesterday when she knew it wasn’t going to go through. She did manage to unite the remainers and Brexiteer protestors outside parliament which makes me think theres some sort of tactic at play here.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Fletch » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:27 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

Agreed.

What I don’t get is why did she go ahead with the vote yesterday when she knew it wasn’t going to go through. She did manage to unite the remainers and Brexiteer protestors outside parliament which makes me think theres some sort of tactic at play here.

It was postponed once to the great fury of Parliament, to do so again without reason would land the government with all sorts of problems.
Fletch

Postby Stooo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:39 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

Agreed.

Because she was forced to, the Grieve Amendment basically nailed her to the cross; she would have delayed the vote until the 28th of March with just no deal or her deal staring the government in the face. To all of those dicks who voted for sovereignty, last night was the 24 caret type; you voted for nothing.

She united them because her deal is shit.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:04 pm

Stooo wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

Agreed.

Because she was forced to, the Grieve Amendment basically nailed her to the cross; she would have delayed the vote until the 28th of March with just no deal or her deal staring the government in the face. To all of those dicks who voted for sovereignty, last night was the 24 caret type; you voted for nothing.

You’d have thought they’d have come up with some amendments though, knowing it wasn’t popular before Christmas.

They should’ve put a brexiteer in charge of the Tories but even the Tories didn’t want to do that when the chips were down.

Dunno why Corbyns bothering with the no confidence vote. Brexitshambles!
Lady Murasaki

Postby Stooo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:14 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

Agreed.

You’d have thought they’d have come up with some amendments though, knowing it wasn’t popular before Christmas.

They should’ve put a brexiteer in charge of the Tories but even the Tories didn’t want to do that when the chips were down.

Brexiteer in charge? Rabb, Johnson or Davis who were ministers for brexit and the Foreign Office who all ran away or did fuck all when they had the chance? Meanwhile Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe crouches in a cell on hunger strike with suspected breast cancer and no hope of treatment, thanks to Johnson.

Pick your heroes.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:19 pm

National unity it is then.

What the fuck?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Jon » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:30 pm

Well that was utterly predictable. Roll on Plan B.
Jon

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:31 pm

Stooo wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Stooo wrote:She united them because her deal is shit.

Brexiteer in charge? Rabb, Johnson or Davis who were ministers for brexit and the Foreign Office who all ran away or did fuck all when they had the chance? Meanwhile Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe crouches in a cell on hunger strike with suspected breast cancer and no hope of treatment, thanks to Johnson.

Pick your heroes.

They are very much a foot stamping type, those Brexit MPs.
Europe was always the Conservatives Achilles heel.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Goodwife » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:45 pm

What a waste of a day.

I don't know how she has hung on at all.

McAz was right its all just posturing and positioning for power.
Goodwife

Postby Goodwife » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:46 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

Agreed.

It is all tactics by both sides to prevent Brexit from happening
Goodwife

Postby Fletch » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:52 pm

Goodwife wrote:What a waste of a day.

I don't know how she has hung on at all.

McAz was right its all just posturing and positioning for power.

A billion quid.

(DUP)
Fletch

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs