After Brexit

Re: After Brexit

Postby Cannydc » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:50 pm

Best not mention Test Capacity, CJ.

Someone might claim that as number of processed tests - the ones that actually cost £7.50
User avatar
Cannydc
 
Posts: 20720
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:59 pm

Re: After Brexit

Postby Stooo » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:52 pm

Remember what you are up against Canny and CJ :thumbsup:

Image
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 105984
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:24 am
Location: Warm cottage in deep Devon.

Re: After Brexit

Postby Grafenwalder » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:01 pm

Cannydc wrote:Me too...

Bodger's Barking Batshit Bonkers Bright Idea...

Image

Here is The Times article in full. It confirms Johnson is insane.

Tunnel vision: now PM sets his sights on a roundabout under the Isle of Man

As flights of political fancy go, Boris Johnson’s desire to build a tunnel between Great Britain and Northern Ireland might seem to be one of the most audacious.

However, Whitehall officials have revealed that one version of the plan worked up in Downing Street went even further, envisaging not one but three tunnels under the Irish Sea connecting in an “underground roundabout” beneath the Isle of Man.

No 10 officials given the task of examining how Johnson’s blue-sky thinking might be feasible quickly concluded that the original plan of a link between Stranraer in Scotland and Larne in Northern Ireland was impractical.

Stranraer has poor transport links and it would cost billions to build a high-speed rail link to connect the tunnel terminus with the rest of Britain. “It would have cost just as much to put in 100 miles of high-speed rail to get even to Carlisle as it would to dig the tunnel,” claimed one source familiar with the deliberations.

Instead officials proposed three starting points: at Stranraer, Heysham, near Lancaster, and one near Liverpool. “The idea was that these three tunnels would meet in a giant roundabout underneath the Isle of Man and the tunnel to Ireland would start there,” the source said. “Everyone knows Boris wants to do this so people were asked to look at how.”

That route would mean the tunnel was built south of Beaufort’s Dyke — a 32-mile fissure that was used to dump an estimated 1.5 million tons of Second World War munitions — which gets in the way of a direct route between Stranraer and Larne.

A second source suggested that the plan for Douglas Junction was designed to “highlight how nuts this whole thing is”. The tunnel scheme is regarded as “batshit” by several of Johnson’s senior aides.

However, in private they acknowledge that it is a “Fuhrer bunker project”, so beloved of the prime minister that it “cannot die”.

“Just as Hitler moved around imaginary armies in the dying days of the Third Reich, so the No 10 policy unit is condemned to keep looking at this idea, which exists primarily in the mind of the PM,” one informed source said. “The roundabout is round the bend.”

Nonetheless a formal proposal for a single tunnel has been submitted by the High-Speed Rail Group, an umbrella organisation for rail companies, to a review by Sir Peter Hendy, the chairman of Network Rail, which is supposed to find ways of improving transport links between the different parts of the UK.

Hendy, who ran Transport for London when Johnson was mayor, could give the green light for a feasibility study into the plan in the next few weeks.

“People think this is all a joke but it’s much more likely to get the go-ahead than people think,” another Whitehall official said.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/tunn ... -cg9523lxp
User avatar
Grafenwalder
 
Posts: 2243
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:17 pm

Re: After Brexit

Postby MungoBrush » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:12 pm

Cannydc wrote:Spot on.

The daily number of processed Covid tests has only barely reached 800,000 on a couple of occasions, and now fails to reach 600,000 (400k at weekends)

At £7.50 per test, average 500k a day (£3.75m a day) it will take 2,828 days (nearly 8 years) to burn through the £10bn set aside for actual tests.

Source PHE

https://interactive.news.sky.com/2020/c ... index.html


That's just the cost of the actual test kit you pratt
What about the hundreds of test centres all over the UK?
What about the wages of all of the staff who man those test centres?
What about the wages of the people who conduct all of the post-test processing?
What about the tracing centres that contact people who have been in proximity to people who have tested positive? There are tens of thousands of those people just for a start! Not counting the recruiters, trainers etc etc

Jesus! And you claim to have been involved in government purchasing?
I'll bet they were glad to see the back of you
You have no idea do you.
Last edited by MungoBrush on Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
MungoBrush
 
Posts: 4859
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:03 pm

Re: After Brexit

Postby LordRaven » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:14 pm

Cannydc wrote:Best not mention Test Capacity, CJ.

Someone might claim that as number of processed tests - the ones that actually cost £7.50


Fuck the testing, get Jabbing faster!!!! :awesome:
User avatar
LordRaven
 
Posts: 45007
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Enceladus

Re: After Brexit

Postby Stooo » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:21 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Cannydc wrote:Best not mention Test Capacity, CJ.

Someone might claim that as number of processed tests - the ones that actually cost £7.50


Fuck the testing, get Jabbing faster!!!! :awesome:


You need both, especially with variants.
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 105984
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:24 am
Location: Warm cottage in deep Devon.

Re: After Brexit

Postby LordRaven » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:49 pm

Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Cannydc wrote:Best not mention Test Capacity, CJ.

Someone might claim that as number of processed tests - the ones that actually cost £7.50


Fuck the testing, get Jabbing faster!!!! :awesome:


You need both, especially with variants.


I was being purposefully flippant :smilin:
User avatar
LordRaven
 
Posts: 45007
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Enceladus

Re: After Brexit

Postby Cannydc » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:14 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:Spot on.

The daily number of processed Covid tests has only barely reached 800,000 on a couple of occasions, and now fails to reach 600,000 (400k at weekends)

At £7.50 per test, average 500k a day (£3.75m a day) it will take 2,828 days (nearly 8 years) to burn through the £10bn set aside for actual tests.

Source PHE

https://interactive.news.sky.com/2020/c ... index.html


That's just the cost of the actual test kit you pratt
What about the hundreds of test centres all over the UK?
What about the wages of all of the staff who man those test centres?
What about the wages of the people who conduct all of the post-test processing?
What about the tracing centres that contact people who have been in proximity to people who have tested positive? There are tens of thousands of those people just for a start! Not counting the recruiters, trainers etc etc

Jesus! And you claim to have been involved in government purchasing?
I'll bet they were glad to see the back of you
You have no idea do you.


Oh dear, another fail from the forum cretin.

If you could read (a definite step forward, as it would help even you) it might be useful.

NHST&T has signed 407 contracts worth £7 billion with 217 public and private organisations. NHST&T relies on contractors for many of its supplies, services and infrastructure. It estimates it will sign a further 154 contracts worth £16.2 billion between November 2020 and March 2021

Of the £15.1 billion made available to NHST&T before the November Spending Review, £12.8 billion (85%) is intended for testing. This includes £5.9 billion for laboratories and machines, £2.9 billion for mass testing and £1 billion for supplies and logistics


This has since been increased to £23.2bn (est.), with the bulk of the £8.1bn increase for tests and logistics.

I don't think any further comment is needed except to say you lied about the number of tests carried out (as you have from the start of the pandemic) and inexplicably you lied about the UK not helping to fund the Perseverance Mars mission. You are almost up to Bodger lying standard...

If I see your plot wandering around, I'll let you know.

https://www.nao.org.uk/wp-content/uploa ... report.pdf
User avatar
Cannydc
 
Posts: 20720
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:59 pm

Re: After Brexit

Postby MungoBrush » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:43 am

Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:Spot on.

The daily number of processed Covid tests has only barely reached 800,000 on a couple of occasions, and now fails to reach 600,000 (400k at weekends)

At £7.50 per test, average 500k a day (£3.75m a day) it will take 2,828 days (nearly 8 years) to burn through the £10bn set aside for actual tests.

Source PHE

https://interactive.news.sky.com/2020/c ... index.html


That's just the cost of the actual test kit you pratt
What about the hundreds of test centres all over the UK?
What about the wages of all of the staff who man those test centres?
What about the wages of the people who conduct all of the post-test processing?
What about the tracing centres that contact people who have been in proximity to people who have tested positive? There are tens of thousands of those people just for a start! Not counting the recruiters, trainers etc etc

Jesus! And you claim to have been involved in government purchasing?
I'll bet they were glad to see the back of you
You have no idea do you.


Oh dear, another fail from the forum cretin.

If you could read (a definite step forward, as it would help even you) it might be useful.

NHST&T has signed 407 contracts worth £7 billion with 217 public and private organisations. NHST&T relies on contractors for many of its supplies, services and infrastructure. It estimates it will sign a further 154 contracts worth £16.2 billion between November 2020 and March 2021

Of the £15.1 billion made available to NHST&T before the November Spending Review, £12.8 billion (85%) is intended for testing. This includes £5.9 billion for laboratories and machines, £2.9 billion for mass testing and £1 billion for supplies and logistics


This has since been increased to £23.2bn (est.), with the bulk of the £8.1bn increase for tests and logistics.

I don't think any further comment is needed except to say you lied about the number of tests carried out (as you have from the start of the pandemic) and inexplicably you lied about the UK not helping to fund the Perseverance Mars mission. You are almost up to Bodger lying standard...

If I see your plot wandering around, I'll let you know.

https://www.nao.org.uk/wp-content/uploa ... report.pdf


Yes, this government has negotiated to take over car parks - both private and public - to set up testing and vaccination centres
Amongst loads of other positive steps to ramp up testing and vaccinations like no other nation on the planet.
All this costs money, of course - which the government has not hesitated to spend - to try to reduce the impact of this virus as fast and as safely as possible
Even Labour agrees that this government is doing the right thing (refer to positive feedback from Labour MP's in the HoC only yesterday)

Well done Boris.

And the voting public obviously agrees - with recent polling showing this government has climbed back up to a solid 5% to 6% lead over Labour.
User avatar
MungoBrush
 
Posts: 4859
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:03 pm

Re: After Brexit

Postby Cannydc » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:49 am

All this costs money, of course - which the government has not hesitated to spend


On contracts for their crony chums, which have in the main produced either nothing, or unusable PPE.

Well done, Bodger.

We'll see you in court when the Good Law Project have finished ripping you a new one.
User avatar
Cannydc
 
Posts: 20720
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:59 pm

Re: After Brexit

Postby MungoBrush » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:19 am

Cannydc wrote:
All this costs money, of course - which the government has not hesitated to spend


On contracts for their crony chums, which have in the main produced either nothing, or unusable PPE.

Well done, Bodger.

We'll see you in court when the Good Law Project have finished ripping you a new one.


Good Law project is a busted flush Cannydc
They just won a minor case regarding not publishing the contracts within the required 30 days.
(Actually the average delay on publication was just 2 weeks past the deadline)
All their other accusations were rejected.
User avatar
MungoBrush
 
Posts: 4859
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:03 pm

Re: After Brexit

Postby Cannydc » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:27 am

MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
All this costs money, of course - which the government has not hesitated to spend


On contracts for their crony chums, which have in the main produced either nothing, or unusable PPE.

Well done, Bodger.

We'll see you in court when the Good Law Project have finished ripping you a new one.


Good Law project is a busted flush Cannydc
They just won a minor case regarding not publishing the contracts within the required 30 days.
(Actually the average delay on publication was just 2 weeks past the deadline)
All their other accusations were rejected.


You really aren't having a good week, are you?

The Good Law Project case continued from yesterday. They are mounting separate legal challenges over some of the contracts awarded to individuals and companies with links to ministers or officials though a so-called VIP lane.
User avatar
Cannydc
 
Posts: 20720
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:59 pm

Re: After Brexit

Postby MungoBrush » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:34 am

Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
All this costs money, of course - which the government has not hesitated to spend


On contracts for their crony chums, which have in the main produced either nothing, or unusable PPE.

Well done, Bodger.

We'll see you in court when the Good Law Project have finished ripping you a new one.


Good Law project is a busted flush Cannydc
They just won a minor case regarding not publishing the contracts within the required 30 days.
(Actually the average delay on publication was just 2 weeks past the deadline)
All their other accusations were rejected.


You really aren't having a good week, are you?

The Good Law Project case continued from yesterday. They are mounting separate legal challenges over some of the contracts awarded to individuals and companies with links to ministers or officials though a so-called VIP lane.


Here is a list of the current good law projects
Which ones are you referring to?
Unfair recruitment?
Stopping climate change?

Which ones?

https://goodlawproject.org/issues/
User avatar
MungoBrush
 
Posts: 4859
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:03 pm

Re: After Brexit

Postby Cannydc » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:59 am

There are three procurement judicial reviews being brought by Good Law Project. Their judicial review of PPE contracts has already generated an admission from Government that it purchased £155m worth of facemasks that can’t be used by the NHS, fuelling countless newspaper headlines in the UK and around the world and prompting repeated scrutiny in the House of Commons.

And it will get right to the heart of the highly troubling VIP lane largely populated by Ministerial contacts.

Their litigation is exposing Government’s cronyism and failures to procure in the best interests of the British taxpayer.

(Abridged from)

https://goodlawproject.org/update/tomor ... %202202%20
User avatar
Cannydc
 
Posts: 20720
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:59 pm

Re: After Brexit

Postby MungoBrush » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:08 pm

Cannydc wrote:There are three procurement judicial reviews being brought by Good Law Project. Their judicial review of PPE contracts has already generated an admission from Government that it purchased £155m worth of facemasks that can’t be used by the NHS, fuelling countless newspaper headlines in the UK and around the world and prompting repeated scrutiny in the House of Commons.

And it will get right to the heart of the highly troubling VIP lane largely populated by Ministerial contacts.

Their litigation is exposing Government’s cronyism and failures to procure in the best interests of the British taxpayer.

(Abridged from)

https://goodlawproject.org/update/tomor ... %202202%20


If they are so confident that they are right, why have they pushed for this:
We have been forced to apply for the order, which would cap the costs of both sides, after Government revealed it planned to spend an eye-watering £1 million defending the case. If we lose, Good Law Project would be liable for these enormous costs


They're just a bunch of upstart ratbag lawyers loooking for some publicity.
User avatar
MungoBrush
 
Posts: 4859
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:03 pm

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests