Swedish Terrorist Suspects with Brevik links

Swedish Terrorist Suspects with Brevik links

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:53 am

http://thinkprogress.org/security/2011/ ... s-breivik/

Two Swedish men arrested for the attempted murder of two South Asian men reportedly gained inspiration for their attacks from Norwegian terrorist Anders Behring Brevik.
The Local — a Swedish English language news website — reports that four days after Breivik’s attacks in Oslo and Utøya, a South Asian man sleeping on a bench in Västerås, a city in central Sweden, was attacked and seriously injured. In a second attack, two days later, a Sri Lankan man was stabbed while delivering newspapers.

Police reports obtained by the Dagens Nyheter daily and translated by the Local, say that one of the defendants sent the other attacker the following text message shortly after Breivik’s massacre on July 22:
A Norwegian ‘Nazi’ has killed like, around 84! From the left who, like, cheered on Islam. HAHAHA!! WHITE POWER!
The accused attacker reportedly screamed “Go home” and drew a swastika on the Sri Lankan man’s bag after stabbing him.
While the two suspects may have been motivated by a broader white supremacist ideology, Breivik appears to have served as an inspiration for them in their decision to attack South Asians. The text message indicates that they shared the same anger with left wing politics, and its supposed embrace of Muslim immigrants.

Both Sweden and Norway have growing white supremacist movements, but U.S. Islamophobes and European white supremacists appear to have found common ground in stoking fears about Muslim immigration into Europe. Indeed, Anders Breivik cited U.S. “counterjihad” bloggers, such as Robert Spencer and Pamela Geller, numerous times in his manifesto.

Re: Swedish Terrorist Suspects with Brevik links

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:25 am

One assumes the attackers were unaware that the average Sri Lankan is about as Muslim as the average Norwegian
Cactus Jack

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:05 am

Cactus Jack wrote:One assumes the attackers were unaware that the average Sri Lankan is about as Muslim as the average Norwegian

Right Wing nutjobs are not famous for their intelligence

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:32 am

Guest wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:One assumes the attackers were unaware that the average Sri Lankan is about as Muslim as the average Norwegian

Right Wing nutjobs are not famous for their intelligence
Too true
Cactus Jack

Postby Mark » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:45 am

this is right up there with the donuts who attacked the erith guru/baba nanak temple just after 7/7.

imho

they were more inspired by carlsberg than anything else
Mark

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:49 pm

Mark wrote:this is right up there with the donuts who attacked the erith guru/baba nanak temple just after 7/7.

imho

they were more inspired by carlsberg than anything else

Carlsberg Export? :gigglesnshit:

Postby canucks » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:44 am

I remember the Swedish posters on SOL were very naive about their country. They loved to poke fun at the UK but when you pointed out that they also had problems they would be in denial. :canny: I think these terror groups could probably operate fairly openly because the Swedes, couldn't or wouldn't want to believe what they were up to. :ohshi: :doomed: :yikes: :thud:

I still can't stay logged on. Every time I click onto something I have to login again and again when I post this I'll have to? Does anyone else have this problem? :grrrrr: Or am I the only lucky one? :bawlin:
canucks

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:48 pm

You're just lucky canucks - you may want to change your security software to allow cookies from his site
Cactus Jack

Postby canucks » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:40 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:You're just lucky canucks - you may want to change your security software to allow cookies from his site

Damn, I was hoping it was them. :ohshi: I know nothing about these machines and even less how to fix them, :hand: normally I just hit it, :flog: so I guess I'm just going to have to put up with it and hope it fixes it'self. :awesome: Ah well, it's thanksgiving this coming weekend, :fire: so I have more important things to do such as go to the beer store. :more beer: and perhaps the liquer store. :cheers:
I love tese things. :wubwub: :canny:
canucks

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:55 pm

Try asking Stoo and letting him which anti-virus you have - he seems fairly clued up on such matters.
Cactus Jack

Postby canucks » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:18 pm

O.K. Jack, thanks buddy. :smilin:
canucks

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs