80 MPH Speed Limit?

Re: 80 MPH Speed Limit?

Postby plod » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:44 pm

Guest wrote:
the formula for a speeding ticket is 10% of limit + 2mph so 80 will be the new 90

why does they add two miles per hour onto the ten per cent ? :dunno:
plod

Postby Stooo » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:06 pm

plod wrote:
Guest wrote:
the formula for a speeding ticket is 10% of limit + 2mph so 80 will be the new 90

It's to account for discrepancies with speedometers. The Police have their speedometers regularly calibrated but the general public do not. If you have a Satnav that shows your speed then you will see a difference between that and your speedometer.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:32 pm

Stooo wrote:
plod wrote:
Guest wrote:

It's to account for discrepancies with speedometers. The Police have their speedometers regularly calibrated but the general public do not. If you have a Satnav that shows your speed then you will see a difference between that and your speedometer.

I was caught doing 49 in a 30 :oops: with a police speed gun

but I got off :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

Postby Stooo » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:40 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:
plod wrote:
Guest wrote:

Got caught doing 80 in a 60 zone in a fleet car registered to someone else. They went over the time limit trying to track me and dropped it. :gigglesnshit:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Wild West » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:15 pm

Speed signs for Maddog and Trinity. :pmsl:

Wild West

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:42 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:
plod wrote:
Guest wrote:

Got caught doing 80 in a 60 zone in a fleet car registered to someone else. They went over the time limit trying to track me and dropped it. :gigglesnshit:

the polis lost my licence :gigglesnshit:

they tried to do me for doing 61 in a 40 but had to drop that one as the limit wasn't 40 :gigglesnshit:

otherwise if you get done by a camera

wait til you receive the second reminder and call them and ask for the original ticket

then call every three weeks, yeah even if you received it, to ask if they have sent it and ask for a new one as the post is dodgy, ' please send by registered' - they wont

by the fourth call they will drop it

that works with essex police and the met

14/14 times last time being May this year :gigglesnshit:

Previous

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs