DELUDED CAMERON YET AGAIN REFUSES ANY IDEA OF REFERENDUM ON

DELUDED CAMERON YET AGAIN REFUSES ANY IDEA OF REFERENDUM ON

Postby peacetoff » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:51 am

DAVID Cameron angrily dismissed Tory calls for an "in-out" referendum on the EU today.

The PM warned it would be the "wrong answer" for Britain to pull out.

"People in rooms up and down Britain aren't thinking gosh, if only we could have a treaty change in Europe," he said.

Call a vote ... Mark Pritchard MP

His comments came as it emerged MPs WILL debate giving voters a say on Europe before the end of the year.

More than 100,000 people have signed a petition backing a referendum.

Last night Tory MPs warned there was an "unstoppable" groundswell of support for a vote.

But the PM refused to back down.

He told BBC1's Andrew Marr show: "It's not our view that there should be an in-out referendum. I don't want Britain to leave the EU. I think it's the wrong answer for Britain.

"What most people want in this country is not actually to leave the EU, but to reform the EU."

Foreign Secretary William Hague also rejected calls for a referendum.

He said it "wouldn't be a very sensible course of action" to start talking about leaving the EU in the middle of an economic crisis.

"Of course we will look at any motion, but we won't be in favour of holding now an in/out referendum on Europe," he told Sky News.

Last night right-wing Tory MP Mark Pritchard said: "There is a groundswell of public opinion for a say on Europe which is becoming unstoppable.

"Millions of voters have never had a say on Europe — a generation of voters the political elite has left behind."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
another plastic blair clone,with his nose fixed firmly in the EU trough
peacetoff

Re: DELUDED CAMERON YET AGAIN REFUSES ANY IDEA OF REFERENDUM ON

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:45 am

peacetoff wrote:DAVID Cameron angrily dismissed Tory calls for an "in-out" referendum on the EU today.

The PM warned it would be the "wrong answer" for Britain to pull out.

"People in rooms up and down Britain aren't thinking gosh, if only we could have a treaty change in Europe," he said.

Call a vote ... Mark Pritchard MP

His comments came as it emerged MPs WILL debate giving voters a say on Europe before the end of the year.

More than 100,000 people have signed a petition backing a referendum.

Last night Tory MPs warned there was an "unstoppable" groundswell of support for a vote.

But the PM refused to back down.

He told BBC1's Andrew Marr show: "It's not our view that there should be an in-out referendum. I don't want Britain to leave the EU. I think it's the wrong answer for Britain.

"What most people want in this country is not actually to leave the EU, but to reform the EU."

Foreign Secretary William Hague also rejected calls for a referendum.

He said it "wouldn't be a very sensible course of action" to start talking about leaving the EU in the middle of an economic crisis.

"Of course we will look at any motion, but we won't be in favour of holding now an in/out referendum on Europe," he told Sky News.

Last night right-wing Tory MP Mark Pritchard said: "There is a groundswell of public opinion for a say on Europe which is becoming unstoppable.

"Millions of voters have never had a say on Europe — a generation of voters the political elite has left behind."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
another plastic blair clone,with his nose fixed firmly in the EU trough

Yes we knew that 6 years ago

he lies about his speshul cast iron guarantees like the EU referendum on a treaty he wouldn't ever be in power to grant a referendum. still I bet loads of morons actually believe cameron and osbourne that cuts will lead to growth when a million more people have far less money to spend :gigglesnshit:

next

Postby canucks » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:32 pm

You mean a politician LIED?? :shell: Shocking. Whatever next?? :shame: :hand:

Ah well, what's the point of worrying? :fire: :whogives: :canny:

No future in getting all frustrated. :grrrrr: :ohshi:

The hell with them. :shoot: :monkey: :dunno:

Don't you just love these icons?? :Hiya: :wubwub: :wurms: :awesome:
canucks

Postby Mark » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:46 pm

not as much as you do Can :twirl: lol

i'm so loving this little fella btw :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:
could have used him when debating gun laws in the UK :shoot:

as for this thread
we will never get a referendum on anything to do with the EU

the commissioners will not allow it............................
Mark

Postby spicy » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:30 pm

Yes there is no such thing as democracy really is there. I blame Labour for that they should have given us a referendum on the EU as promised. Vote UKIP it's the only way to go. :smilin:
spicy

Postby spicy » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:32 pm

Hi Mark,

I thought I'd change my name can you guess who it is from MYSUN?
spicy

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:09 pm

spicy wrote:Yes there is no such thing as democracy really is there. I blame Labour for that they should have given us a referendum on the EU as promised. Vote UKIP it's the only way to go. :smilin:

They didn't promise a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty

Cameron did when he knew that he wouldn't be in power by the time it was ratified

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:23 pm

spicy wrote:Yes there is no such thing as democracy really is there. I blame Labour for that they should have given us a referendum on the EU as promised. Vote UKIP it's the only way to go. :smilin:

UKIP?

Fuck UKIP

they are ex tories and they are just as corrupt

Postby Stooo » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:05 pm

If leaving the EU was a priority then UKIP would be voted into power so that this end could be achieved, however the haven't been. UKIP never do well in General Elections because people tend to vote for policies that they agree with or embrace, it doesn't look like the majority of the population wants to come out of Europe.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Courdelion » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:44 pm

It dosn't matter either way, the lots going down and when it has, no one will give a damn about the EU as it will eventually dissolve itself!
Courdelion

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs