DAVE - LET'S FLOG OFF MORE COUNCIL HOUSES

DAVE - LET'S FLOG OFF MORE COUNCIL HOUSES

Postby Cannydc » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:51 am

There aren't enough to go round.

This will be yet another bonanza for those who have benefitted from subsidised rent, only to benefit again, this time at the expense of the hard-pressed taxpayers who will be asked to heavily subsidise these purchases !!

How can this ever be justified ? Thatcher sold off millions, at no gain to the ordinary taxpayer and causing a huge shortage of affordable housing for young couples, and those unable to buy in expensive areas like London. Now Dave is back to finish off the job.
Cannydc

Re: DAVE - LET'S FLOG OFF MORE COUNCIL HOUSES

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:20 am

Cannydc wrote:There aren't enough to go round.

This will be yet another bonanza for those who have benefitted from subsidised rent, only to benefit again, this time at the expense of the hard-pressed taxpayers who will be asked to heavily subsidise these purchases !!

How can this ever be justified ? Thatcher sold off millions, at no gain to the ordinary taxpayer and causing a huge shortage of affordable housing for young couples, and those unable to buy in expensive areas like London. Now Dave is back to finish off the job.

the sell off is by way of stock transfers to local housing associations as a means to save money

due to rules the tories set up in the 90s after the Islington Council vs WestDeutsche Landesbank case

councils funding avenues were changed. HA's can raise money via business finance and council's can't

I know of 3,5000 properties in London were transferred at a cost of 7 grand each :gigglesnshit:

saying that the council had no money to spend on the properties and were 4 years behind in the decent homes programme, very few had an updated kitchen or bathroom. the new HA will spend over 330 million over the next 30 years on the properties whereas the council could only spend a tiny fraction of that and over 1,000 properties are now upto decent homes standard. Rents are more with the HA provider though.

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:29 am

while yes i would try to buy mine
no fucking way i will ever vote tory as a result,,,,
:cuppaT:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Gerry Mandering » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:27 am

Frank Black wrote:while yes i would try to buy mine
no fucking way i will ever vote tory as a result,,,,
:cuppaT:

Why ever not? :gigglesnshit:

That Shirely Porter she was a luvly lady

hid her cash very well

she had the most expensive passport in the world

cost the bitch 13 mill to get another one after her old one expired :gigglesnshit:
Gerry Mandering

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:36 am

First let me say glad to see you made it across Canny.

Next let me say you're quite right. The easiest way to end this recession is by getting people back to work and in the provision of homes, and in bringing existing stock up to spec, there's plenty of work that needs to be done. Now before somebody starts the 'no money' line again money is only a medium of exchange. The exchange in question being from need to resource - we have the need for houses and the builders to build them.
Cactus Jack

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:27 am

Cactus Jack wrote:First let me say glad to see you made it across Canny.

Next let me say you're quite right. The easiest way to end this recession is by getting people back to work and in the provision of homes, and in bringing existing stock up to spec, there's plenty of work that needs to be done. Now before somebody starts the 'no money' line again money is only a medium of exchange. The exchange in question being from need to resource - we have the need for houses and the builders to build them.

the brownfield sites have nearly all gawn

so where is scamoron gonna build them?

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:46 am

There are 200,000 planning approvals already granted where ground has not been broken - I'd guess they'd be as good a place as any to start.
Cactus Jack

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:17 am

Cactus Jack wrote:There are 200,000 planning approvals already granted where ground has not been broken - I'd guess they'd be as good a place as any to start.

yeah but 4 million are needed for the next decade

and if you believe twats like Migration Watch the figure is far more :gigglesnshit:

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:32 am

i dont think just building more houses is the answer...
i think at 70odd million
thats uk as full as it needs to be

how can u have immigration
when the dole queues are into there 5 million
more people for less jobs??
how does that work then

obviously not very well
and this rabid righty vrs looney lefty debate
that weve had this last 40 years
isnt helping anyone....
except the politicians that is.....
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Cannydc » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:03 am

Guest wrote:

0n the brown field sites where factories have shut their doors following the recession we are about to suffer....

A bit like the concrete deserts of the North-East during the late 1980s.
Cannydc

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:06 am

most of walker is like that right now..
from heaton till u get to wallsend is a wasteland
of closed industrial sites
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:08 am

Cannydc wrote:
Guest wrote:

0n the brown field sites where factories have shut their doors following the recession we are about to suffer....

A bit like the concrete deserts of the North-East during the late 1980s.

so where will the new factories be built to facilitate growth?

you want the overcrowded people in the South East, where they work, to leave their jobs and move to Newcastle where there are very few jobs?

Postby Cannydc » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:19 am

They won't be built.

No-one in their right mind would even consider start-ups in the current climate.

Even if they could get their hands on some of that cheap money (unlikely).
Cannydc

Postby The Graduate. » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:49 pm

Do only jobsworths live in council houses then? Plenty of people in council properties that DO drive the economy with private sector jobs. It's just a shame that private sector does not pay more than the bloated public sector wages. People who are driving the economy are buying ex council houses whilst the pen pushers go to the more private areas on their bloated salaries.
The Graduate.

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:55 pm

DIAMONDS wrote:

Do only jobsworths live in council houses then? Plenty of people in council properties that DO drive the economy with private sector jobs. It's just a shame that private sector does not pay more than the bloated public sector wages. People who are driving the economy are buying ex council houses whilst the pen pushers go to the more private areas on their bloated salaries.

When the minimum wage came in companies changed their focus and didn't see it as a minimum wage but a maximum wage. Thus the UK taxpayer is subsidising companies which make billions a year in profits. The MW needs to be reset far higher to reduce the amount of money paid out to families by various tax credits etc.

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs