Political Correctness gone mad

Political Correctness gone mad

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:45 am

In this case it probably has.

The latest Thomas the Tank Engine story has Thomas delivering a 'special' decorated tree for the winter holiday. Guys it's a bloody Christmas tree and the winter holiday in question isn't going to strain anyone's powers of deduction. Despite what the Daily Mail might say you're allowed to say Christmas, you're allowed to celebrate Christmas - don't serve up own goals like this.
Cactus Jack

Re: Political Correctness gone mad

Postby Cannydc » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:51 am

Cannydc

Postby Mark » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:59 am

i always knew Ringo was gonna be a pain in the arse :grrrrr:

lol

do they have to now refer to the boss man as the - bigboned with gland problems, controller?
Mark

Postby canucks » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:10 pm

Here they always say, happy holidays. It's supposed to include Christmas and Chanukah. Also I've heard the Christmas tree being called the holiday tree. Not for me, I put up the lights outside our house with "Merry Christmas" signs for all to see,and if anyones offended. Tough.
canucks

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:46 pm

Cannydc wrote:Winterval strikes again

http://www.thedisinformed.co.uk/2010/12 ... rval-myth/

Aye the crap tabloids tried to say the same shite about Dundee's Christmas Festival last year. On one night they had a light up Dundee night with all lights outside museums, churches etc switched on. The scummy media said that the word Christmas wasn't used. Why should it be when the night was about lighting up the historical places in Dundee? Wtf has that got to do with any religious festival FFS?

We had this crap last year

http://tabloid-watch.blogspot.com/2010/ ... begin.html

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:55 pm

With the exception of a few Jehovah's witnesses no-one disapproves of or is offended by Christmas Canucks.

I am reminded of the joke where a Catholic boy, a Protestant boy and a Muslim boy are all asked by their teacher to give a report about what they did on Christmas day.

The Catholic boy says "At midnight we all went to midnight mass and when we got home at about two in the morning we were allowed to open one small present before we went to bed. I opened a new shirt from Auntie Jenny which I wore when we went to the Christmas morning mass later on. I didn't sleep much and at seven o'clock I was downstairs and me and my brother opened all of our Christmas presents - the best one was Tracy Island from Thunderbirds. Then we played with our new toys until lunchtime when we had Christmas dinner with turkey and Christmas pudding and Christmas Crackers then I played with my toys again until teatime when we had Christmas cake and mince pies etc etc....... and then I went to bed.

The Protestant boy says. "I got up at five o'clock I opened all my presents and played with my toys then I had Christmas dinner and watched the Queen's speech and played with my toys and then I had Christmas cake and turkey sandwhiches and chocolate and pop and then I threw up and then I went to bed.

The Muslim boy says - I'm a Muslim. We don't have Christmas. On December 25th I got up at my usual time and had breakfast with my father. Then we went to the toy shop he owns and looked at all the empty shelves and did an inventory to find out how we had done that month. Then we went to Mosque and sang the song we always sing this time of year

"What a friend we have in Jesus"
Cactus Jack

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:58 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:With the exception of a few Jehovah's witnesses no-one disapproves of or is offended by Christmas Canucks.

I am reminded of the joke where a Catholic boy, a Protestant boy and a Muslim boy are all asked by their teacher to give a report about what they did on Christmas day.

The Catholic boy says "At midnight we all went to midnight mass and when we got home at about two in the morning we were allowed to open one small present before we went to bed. I opened a new shirt from Auntie Jenny which I wore when we went to the Christmas morning mass later on. I didn't sleep much and at seven o'clock I was downstairs and me and my brother opened all of our Christmas presents - the best one was Tracy Island from Thunderbirds. Then we played with our new toys until lunchtime when we had Christmas dinner with turkey and Christmas pudding and Christmas Crackers then I played with my toys again until teatime when we had Christmas cake and mince pies etc etc....... and then I went to bed.

The Protestant boy says. "I got up at five o'clock I opened all my presents and played with my toys then I had Christmas dinner and watched the Queen's speech and played with my toys and then I had Christmas cake and turkey sandwhiches and chocolate and pop and then I threw up and then I went to bed.

The Muslim boy says - I'm a Muslim. We don't have Christmas. On December 25th I got up at my usual time and had breakfast with my father. Then we went to the toy shop he owns and looked at all the empty shelves and did an inventory to find out how we had done that month. Then we went to Mosque and sang the song we always sing this time of year

"What a friend we have in Jesus"

Guess which religion banned Christmas here in England? :gigglesnshit:

It was defo banned... :pmsl:

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:14 pm

It was banned by the Puritans during the Commonwealth - Charles II brought it back.
Cactus Jack

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:20 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:It was banned by the Puritans during the Commonwealth - Charles II brought it back.

yeah fricking Christians banned it :more beer:

that factoid always tickles me when the morons trot out their usual bollocks

Postby VirgilCaine » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:34 pm

This isn't the book in question is it?

VirgilCaine

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:35 pm

I would assume it's a rewrite of that one Virgil - the story appears in the Telegraph
Cactus Jack

Postby Northern » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:15 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:In this case it probably has.

The latest Thomas the Tank Engine story has Thomas delivering a 'special' decorated tree for the winter holiday. Guys it's a bloody Christmas tree and the winter holiday in question isn't going to strain anyone's powers of deduction. Despite what the Daily Mail might say you're allowed to say Christmas, you're allowed to celebrate Christmas - don't serve up own goals like this.

hahahahahaha don't tell me that you actually fell for that "Winterval" bollox

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:
Northern

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:38 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:I would assume it's a rewrite of that one Virgil - the story fiction appears in the Telegraph

just fixed that for yous fella

Postby Ali » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:38 pm

Perhpas it has something to do with the fat controller. Bit of a bah humbug perhaps? :dunno:
Ali

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:51 pm

Northern wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:In this case it probably has.

hahahahahaha don't tell me that you actually fell for that "Winterval" bollox

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:
No Northern I don't fall for Winterval in fact I'm making the same point as you.

There isn't, wasn't and never will be any plan to replace Christmas with Winterval and editing 'Christmas tree' out of a Thomas the Tank Engine episode is just plain silly.

I admit I got the paper it was in wrong - I should have guessed :oops:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ds-newsxml
Cactus Jack

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs