UK BANKS AND BUILDING SOCIETIES 'DOWNGRADED'

UK BANKS AND BUILDING SOCIETIES 'DOWNGRADED'

Postby Cannydc » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:32 am

Moodies no longer trust this rotten Tory led government as far as they could throw them, it seems.

They have downgraded Lloyds, RBS, Santander UK and Nationwide, plus 8 others, because they believe Dave and the gang may not support them if they get into trouble.

This follows the announcement that these self-same banks are to be handed a further £75 Bn to spend or hoard as they feel fit (they will hoard and put it on their bottom line just like last time.

Way to go, Dave !!! :bum: :bum:
Cannydc

Re: UK BANKS AND BUILDING SOCIETIES 'DOWNGRADED'

Postby VirgilCaine » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:32 am

"This follows the announcement that these self-same banks are to be handed a further £75 Bn to spend or hoard as they feel fit (they will hoard and put it on their bottom line just like last time."

£75 billion of QE - I thought this represented "printing money by another name and is the last resort of desperate governments when all other policies have failed. It can't be ruled out as a last resort in the fight against deflation but in the end printing money risks losing control of inflation and all the economic problems that high inflation brings."

I'm trying to remember who said this :dunno: Can you help?
VirgilCaine

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:36 am

VirgilCaine wrote:"This follows the announcement that these self-same banks are to be handed a further £75 Bn to spend or hoard as they feel fit (they will hoard and put it on their bottom line just like last time."

£75 billion of QE - I thought this represented "printing money by another name and is the last resort of desperate governments when all other policies have failed. It can't be ruled out as a last resort in the fight against deflation but in the end printing money risks losing control of inflation and all the economic problems that high inflation brings."

Don't know - Osboat, Osboard, Osama - something like that.
Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:37 am

Osborne that was it.

George Osborne.

What happened to him?
Cactus Jack

Postby VirgilCaine » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:43 am

Cactus Jack wrote:Osborne that was it.

George Osborne.

What happened to him?

I think he's busy somewhere choking on humble pie while at the same time trying to wipe £75 billion's worth of egg off his face.
VirgilCaine

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:33 pm

VirgilCaine wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Osborne that was it.

George Osborne.

What happened to him?

I think he's busy somewhere choking on humble pie while at the same time trying to wipe £75 billion's worth of egg off his face.

He's so coked up to the eyeballs to notice

Postby Northern » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:55 pm

I read that 12 of them have been downgraded
Northern

Postby Concerned » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:44 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
VirgilCaine wrote:"This follows the announcement that these self-same banks are to be handed a further £75 Bn to spend or hoard as they feel fit (they will hoard and put it on their bottom line just like last time."

How on earth did we get in such a dire position with responsible bankers and politicians guiding us?

Oh of course,it was a combo of Brown,Balls & Bankers.

Why blame the current bunch when they merely inherited the poison chalice?

An impotent bunch of useless privileged ditherers they certainly are but the coalition were handed an unenviable set of accounts.

And this quantitive easing malarkey was first muted by cyclops and co and QE sounds a very communist method of dealing with a lack of money anyway because all they are doing is printing more.

We are fucked if we continue and sterling will go the way of the soviet rouble.

And all you chaps seem to want to do is blame george osbourne? You are all truly demented and have selective memories that marr your interpretations of the current crisis so much that you really ought to zip it and just hope and pray for calmer waters ahead.
Concerned

Postby Cannydc » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:15 pm

Here's why we can blame the current bunch.

They inherited an economy that was growing, and destroyed that growth in a heartbeat by effectively putting half the families in the UK on notice that the jobs od the breadwinners were anything but safe.

Then they put up VAT, not only killing off any last vestige of hope that consumers would continue to spend, but also putting up inflation and the price of fuel.

Instead of the judicious use of THREE THINGS (Growth, Tax Increases, Moderate inflation) they went for typical Tory overkill, driven by a dogmatic fury for the need to kill off the Public Sector.

So has it succeeded ? Well, we have our AAA rating as a country. But the IMF and other financial institutions already agreed that Labour's plans to halve the deficit in 4 years was perfectly acceptable. However, our deficit has INCREASED under the Tories. We lost £1bn in petrol tax alone, as customers bought 15% less fuel in the first 6 months of this year. VAT receipts are sure to do the same. As will Corporation Tax receipts as we slump back into recession and companies lose money.

So the answer is NO it hasn't succeeded. A desperate Tory gamble has failed. Osborne put our mortgage on red. The ball has landed on black, and that mirrors the future of this Tory government.
Cannydc

Postby Concerned » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:15 pm

Cannydc wrote:Here's why we can blame the current bunch.

They inherited an economy that was growing, and destroyed that growth in a heartbeat by effectively putting half the families in the UK on notice that the jobs od the breadwinners were anything but safe. Because of Labour profligacy the money box bare and they themselves had huge cuts in mind.......Dont lie on here!

Then they put up VAT, not only killing off any last vestige of hope that consumers would continue to spend, but also putting up inflation and the price of fuel.............Again they copied a Labour idea.So far you are doing very badly in scrambling around for excuses as they all lead back to Nulabias(Bunch of cunts)

Instead of the judicious use of THREE THINGS (Growth, Tax Increases, Moderate inflation) they went for typical Tory overkill, driven by a dogmatic fury for the need to kill off the Public Sector.............Kill off the public sector? There was no money left after refinancing the banks and steadying the ship after credit crunch and I would ask you why? Clue..You spent the lot and more when the sun was shining with no thought of saving for a rainy day. You really are failing,much as Nulabias did.

So has it succeeded ? Well, we have our AAA rating as a country. But the IMF and other financial institutions already agreed that Labour's plans to halve the deficit in 4 years was perfectly acceptable. However, our deficit has INCREASED under the Tories. We lost £1bn in petrol tax alone, as customers bought 15% less fuel in the first 6 months of this year. VAT receipts are sure to do the same. As will Corporation Tax receipts as we slump back into recession and companies lose money.Oh I wish your precious party had stayed in because they would be as despised as much as the current bunch because they would have been just as incapable of clearing up their mess as they were of heading it off in the first place! "Prudent handling of the public purse" said Gordo??? WTF? Another fine mess he then left us in.

Gordon Brown "The man who saved the world"? In his opinion and sadly yours. And we all know what the country feels about Gordo.

Lay off the politics son because you aren't very good at it. Take up basket weaving ffs!

So the answer is NO it hasn't succeeded. A desperate Tory gamble has failed. Osborne put our mortgage on red. The ball has landed on black, and that mirrors the future of this Tory government.
Concerned

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:43 pm

Concerned wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

How on earth did we get in such a dire position with responsible bankers and politicians guiding us?

They are not responsible as you imagine it. They are there for the power, thrill and cash, not you! They don't give a shit about you.

Postby Concerned » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:13 pm

Concerned wrote:
Cannydc wrote:Here's why we can blame the current bunch.

They inherited an economy that was growing, and destroyed that growth in a heartbeat by effectively putting half the families in the UK on notice that the jobs od the breadwinners were anything but safe. Because of Labour profligacy the money box bare and they themselves had huge cuts in mind.......Dont lie on here!

Then they put up VAT, not only killing off any last vestige of hope that consumers would continue to spend, but also putting up inflation and the price of fuel.............Again they copied a Labour idea.So far you are doing very badly in scrambling around for excuses as they all lead back to Nulabias(Bunch of cunts)

Instead of the judicious use of THREE THINGS (Growth, Tax Increases, Moderate inflation) they went for typical Tory overkill, driven by a dogmatic fury for the need to kill off the Public Sector.............Kill off the public sector? There was no money left after refinancing the banks and steadying the ship after credit crunch and I would ask you why? Clue..You spent the lot and more when the sun was shining with no thought of saving for a rainy day. You really are failing,much as Nulabias did.

So has it succeeded ? Well, we have our AAA rating as a country. But the IMF and other financial institutions already agreed that Labour's plans to halve the deficit in 4 years was perfectly acceptable. However, our deficit has INCREASED under the Tories. We lost £1bn in petrol tax alone, as customers bought 15% less fuel in the first 6 months of this year. VAT receipts are sure to do the same. As will Corporation Tax receipts as we slump back into recession and companies lose money.Oh I wish your precious party had stayed in because they would be as despised as much as the current bunch because they would have been just as incapable of clearing up their mess as they were of heading it off in the first place! "Prudent handling of the public purse" said Gordo??? WTF? Another fine mess he then left us in.

Gordon Brown "The man who saved the world"? In his opinion and sadly yours. And we all know what the country feels about Gordo.

Lay off the politics son because you aren't very good at it. Take up basket weaving ffs!

[/b]

Oooer? What happened there?

Anyway Mr Blinkered Vision,you really need to start reading alternate opinion and cease believing Labour party dogma because your views are truly unbalanced.

In case you never ever knew this please know that all politicians lie because telling the truth would make them unelectable. The truth is far to horrendous for the ears of the electorate and toatlly indigestible so all politicians tell what they want to hear = a diet of palatable lies.

I see you are a believer of lies? Well done for being Mr Gullible
Concerned

Postby art0hur0moh » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:17 pm

Brown was/is the best person for the job.

Though you seem to have forgoten! : D Mr Browns first election for PM failed! ie... he wasn't elected, why? because he actually did his job as leader of the govornment and that ment he couldn't stay PM.

Growth was still an average of 3% even at the end of 2008. There where concerns about it reaching 4%, but that was not permited to happen! The torys have devistated the economy as they always do! There was no growth, it bottomed out! For the first time in decades. Long befor i was born!

RBS has been down graded! Not that i didn't expect that to be the case, since they actually own 80% of the UK now. Just a recap, RBS never needed bailed out! The govornment borrowed assets and is to pay for them. Ie you, me and generations to come! So the battle is to weaken the 5 largest bank in the world so that the payments can be avoided. And then scotland will be given independance.
art0hur0moh

Postby PM is not leader? » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:16 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:Brown was/is the best person for the job.

Though you seem to have forgoten! : D Mr Browns first election for PM failed! ie... he wasn't elected, why? because he actually did his job as leader of the govornment and that ment he couldn't stay PM. Huh? PM is not leader of government? Thanks for that because that is a new one on me :ohshi:

Growth was still an average of 3% even at the end of 2008. There where concerns about it reaching 4%, but that was not permited to happen! The torys have devistated the economy as they always do! There was no growth, it bottomed out! For the first time in decades. Long befor i was born!

RBS has been down graded! Not that i didn't expect that to be the case, since they actually own 80% of the UK now. Just a recap, RBS never needed bailed out! :ohshi: The govornment borrowed assets and is to pay for them. Ie you, me and generations to come! So the battle is to weaken the 5 largest bank in the world so that the payments can be avoided. And then scotland will be given independance. :ohshi:

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :gigglesnshit: :hap: Now we know you are on a windup you bastard :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:
PM is not leader?

Postby art0hur0moh » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:38 pm

PM is not leader? wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:Brown was/is the best person for the job.

Though you seem to have forgoten! : D Mr Browns first election for PM failed! ie... he wasn't elected, why? because he actually did his job as leader of the govornment and that ment he couldn't stay PM. Huh? PM is not leader of government? Thanks for that because that is a new one on me :ohshi:

RBS has been down graded! Not that i didn't expect that to be the case, since they actually own 80% of the UK now. Just a recap, RBS never needed bailed out! :ohshi: The govornment borrowed assets and is to pay for them. Ie you, me and generations to come! So the battle is to weaken the 5 largest bank in the world so that the payments can be avoided. And then scotland will be given independance. :ohshi:

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :gigglesnshit: :hap: Now we know you are on a windup you bastard :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

Tell me! When was Gordon Brown elected as PM?

Should i add that to the growing list of your inability to answer simple questions?
art0hur0moh

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs