It's time to re-open the pits.

Re: It's time to re-open the pits.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:42 pm

spicy wrote:
Northern wrote:
spicy wrote:No doubt that will be for the usual crew on benefits.

Wrong, but don't let that stop your vitriol

:thumbsup:

Listen I've nothing against people on benefits if it's a short term thing. However there are far too many people that have been on them long term, and if you paid as much tax as my husband you'd be pissed too.

I might look into the grant thing if it pays the whole cost.

people on 21 grand a year pay 40 a week in tax

if the richest elites coughed up their DUE tax those on 21k and under would pay none

I find it sooooo funny that people moan about those on benefits being a drain when the rich cost you about 20 times more than scroungers :gigglesnshit:

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:43 pm

not many home owners that are long term unemployed are there??
i doubt u can get a grant for rented houses even council...
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:48 pm

Frank Black wrote:not many home owners that are long term unemployed are there??

dont let facts get in the way of a mad rant

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:51 pm

lol yea mybad
:whistle:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby LordRaven » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:16 pm

spicy wrote:At last a thought out response.

It seems criminal not to explore the feasibility given our current economic woes.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:18 pm

LordRaven wrote:

It seems criminal not to explore the feasibility given our current economic woes.

Who was that stupid woman who shut most of them?

what a dozy bint

Still I bet some moronic cunts still adore her

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:20 pm

apparantly all the sea seams are lost....
they wasnt caretakered...
Big Fat Frosty

Postby LordRaven » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:44 pm

Guest wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

what a dozy bint

Oh yes her--but that was when the technology was outdated,coal expensive to extract and the entire workforce had held the Labour Government and the Nation to ransom in cahoots with all the other trade unions and the country was cap in hand to IMF when she took over.

The mines weren't open when she came in so she merely ignored them and imported cheaper coal from Poland. And they became redundant all of their own accord.

They certainly shot themselves in the foot back then whilst their boss luxuriated in his 2 well earned luxury pads.

They made the mistake of thinking they could hold te country to ransom,she called their bluff an the public loved her for doing so.

Why else would she be the longest serving PM ever and with a Statue at Westminster --even tho still alive
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:46 pm

Frank Black wrote:apparantly all the sea seams are lost....
they wasnt caretakered...

They could pump them out but flooding over all these years probably means the danger factor will discount them but reserves are still abundant.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:53 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Guest wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

what a dozy bint

Oh yes her--but that was when the technology was outdated,coal expensive to extract and the entire workforce had held the Labour Government and the Nation to ransom in cahoots with all the other trade unions and the country was cap in hand to IMF when she took over.

The mines weren't open when she came in so she merely ignored them and imported cheaper coal from Poland. And they became redundant all of their own accord.

They certainly shot themselves in the foot back then whilst their boss luxuriated in his 2 well earned luxury pads.

They made the mistake of thinking they could hold te country to ransom,she called their bluff an the public loved her for doing so.

Why else would she be the longest serving PM ever and with a Statue at Westminster --even tho still alive

It would have been cheaper to employ miners than pay them about 400 notes a week in benefits rather than increase our debt and deficit. Still the stupid cow liked to lie and cut her nose off to spite her face :shake head:

Her statue will be the country's most popular urinal :thumbsup:

Postby LordRaven » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:13 pm

Guest wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Guest wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

what a dozy bint

It would have been cheaper to employ miners than pay them about 400 notes a week in benefits rather than increase our debt and deficit. Still the stupid cow liked to lie and cut her nose off to spite her face :shake head:

Ah bless!! You are in a minority and I feel for you because how could anyone serve that long as a PM without massive public support Guest? Do explain. :whistle:

As you are a minority I feel for you :thumbsup:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:56 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Guest wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Guest wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

what a dozy bint

Ah bless!! You are in a minority and I feel for you because how could anyone serve that long as a PM without massive public support Guest? Do explain. :whistle:

As you are a minority I feel for you :thumbsup:

Ignorance is bliss. Morons believed the lies she churned out. Banging on the desk say non non non when she actually said yes and sold us out big time. You complain like fuck about the EU and when was that idea born? 1980s per chance? Most treasonable UK law? Not the European Single Market Act 1986, banging on the desk saying non non non was when? 1986?

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

You fell for it hook line and sinker.

Congratulating Lech Wałęsa on starting up a militant union whilst she tried to silence ours. Hypocrite :snooty:

Postby Blunder » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:20 pm

LordRaven wrote:
spicy wrote:WIth energy prices going through the roof and being held to ransom with imported gas etc do you think it's time to re-open the pits?. There is hundreds of years of coal down there and surely it could help the unemployment figures.

There are massive coal recources and far superior technology available today for cheaper,more profitable extraction purposes and given Daves "let us reindustrialise Britain" pledge why not?

We have no heavy industry left,we import energy,and we do have mass unemployment and we have built huge frozen gas facilities for imported gas if ever Putin turns off the pipeline and holds us to ransom(as he did Ukraine) because we are right at the end of the pipeline.

So on the surface(excuse the pun) it sounds a great idea and let's not forget that all the spin off/support industries(engineering and such) and transport industry would also benefit.

The Kyoto protocol and other emmision treaties are the only thing that is stopping us but we seem to be way ahead of other countries on emmision reduction.

It is amazing that our leaders want to earn themselves a "Good Grade" at international conventions whilst many here sit on the dole and the answer to all of our economic and unemployment problems is right under our feet.

It would be in the national interest to actually convene a feasibility study at least.

Given the welsh mining tragedy safety and open cast mining should be given preference but many seams go miles under the sea

Thatcher said at the time that our coal was too expensive to get at, and that it was cheaper to import it from Australia (open cast mining) that to keep our mines open. While technology has moved on, it has also moved on at the same pace for open cast mining, and also in other countries where labour is cheaper.

That apart, the industry was linked to power generation, and given we have moved on from coal fired generation, the demand for coal will never be as it was.

I believe more coal is now being mined than ever before,, but I don't think we want it here just to fill the unemployment gap.
Blunder

Postby Blunder » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:27 pm

Just to add, if technology has moved on,, then how many jobs would it create anyway..? One machine today is probably more efficient than a 1000 miners or so,, so I can't see it being feasible if the creation of jobs is the motivation.
Blunder

Postby Blunder » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:32 pm

Frank Black wrote:not many home owners that are long term unemployed are there??

Plus,, not all houses are suitable. You have to be south facing and the further south you are the better.

And of course, many live in flats, so also not suitable.
Blunder

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs