World population reaches 7 billion

Re: World population reaches 7 billion

Postby Ali » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:16 pm

Seems you have this guest poster by the short and curlies there verum.
Ali

Postby Mark » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:34 pm

even my eyes are watering :bawlin: :pointlaugh:

classic girls, classic

:pmsl:
Mark

classic girls, classic

Mark

classic girls, classic

Mark

Postby Mark » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:35 pm

WTF happened there?

Northern, what ARE you doing with my account sweetheart? :smilin:
Mark

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:12 pm

some people just dont know when they are having the piss taken out of them

I had tears pourind down my cheeks earlier laughing at Ali and Venum, wow you two are definitely anal :gigglesnshit:

but i do stand by looking after your own first before others and have seen how they farm in africa (as i lived there for quarter of a century) and they do overfarm their land and do not irrigate properly, the droughts are unfortunate and can happen anywhere but drought is what caused the problem in ethiopia in the 80s and how much did we give them to help themselves out and has anything changed, no dams are built etc and yet there is a drought again but they have no back up plan and yet still breed like rabbits

charity does begin at home

also did you know in some African cultures that the size of your family shows how wealthy you are, ie the more children you have the richer you are, nevermind if you cant feed them. its just the way it is there.

I also feel families with more than 2 kids are not helping over population either

Postby Ellie-Jane » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:20 pm

I wondered how long it would be before you got to the reversal (let's pretend I was winding them up) stage.

A rather poor attempt at damage limitation after tripping yourself up so many times :laughing: :laughing:
Ellie-Jane

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:37 pm

ah but i was taking the piss and giving Ali and Venum a taste of their own medicine Ellie, none of it was aimed at you

Postby Ali » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:40 pm

Guest wrote:some people just dont know when they are having the piss taken out of them

I had tears pourind down my cheeks earlier laughing at Ali and Venum, wow you two are definitely anal :gigglesnshit:

but i do stand by looking after your own first before others and have seen how they farm in africa (as i lived there for quarter of a century) and they do overfarm their land and do not irrigate properly, the droughts are unfortunate and can happen anywhere but drought is what caused the problem in ethiopia in the 80s and how much did we give them to help themselves out and has anything changed, no dams are built etc and yet there is a drought again but they have no back up plan and yet still breed like rabbits

charity does begin at home

also did you know in some African cultures that the size of your family shows how wealthy you are, ie the more children you have the richer you are, nevermind if you cant feed them. its just the way it is there.

I also feel families with more than 2 kids are not helping over population either

Yeah right, taking the piss I'm sure.

Umm on the subject of irrigation, if there is no rain for months on end and the rivers, lakes or whatever these people would use for irrigation have dried up, how are they going to continue to water their land with no available water supply?

Luckily for these people though, not everyone thinks like you. The people of this country have so far raised 72 million pounds for those drought stricken people in the Horn of Africa since the call for help went out.
Ali

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:46 pm

ali its ok for you to wind up someone or posters as you so clearly admitted to in the Arms section of this forum, but you dont like it when the shoe is on the other foot

now considering you have never once answered any questions directed at you by myself and others you can sod off getting any response out of me other than i will repeatedly take the piss out of you as i think you are nothing but a wind up merchant yourself!!!!

Postby Ali » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:54 pm

Guest wrote:ali its ok for you to wind up someone or posters as you so clearly admitted to in the Arms section of this forum, but you dont like it when the shoe is on the other foot

now considering you have never once answered any questions directed at you by myself and others you can sod off getting any response out of me other than i will repeatedly take the piss out of you as i think you are nothing but a wind up merchant yourself!!!!

Oh I do wind other posters up, but not on threads of a serious nature and especially not those where the discussion is about kids dying for want of food and water.
Ali

Postby Stooo » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:58 pm

Guest wrote:ali its ok for you to wind up someone or posters as you so clearly admitted to in the Arms section of this forum, but you dont like it when the shoe is on the other foot

Please keep to the topic, the Arms is for trolling and this section is for discussion and debate.

Thanks. :smilin:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:12 pm

Ellie-Jane wrote:
Guest wrote:
Ali wrote:
Guest wrote:sorry dont get child benefit because my household earnings is just over the threshold

There is no threshold for child benefit. Even millionaires are entitled to claim child benefit.

just because people are entitled to something does not mean they claim it, there are some people in this world with integrity and dont take something they dont feel they deserve. Ali in a world before bank transfers not that long ago (approx 10-12 years ago, one was issued with a benefit book for child benefit, i know this because they were sent to us even though we hadnt claimed, so we sent it back with a letter stating we did not ask nor wish to have this and after a while they finally stopped sending them out to us.

As Ali pointed out, the child benefit agency do not pay out child benefit unless the parent claims it, therefore if you received a child benefit book then you clearly made a claim for that benefit and provided the required documents to validate that claim. You now expect us to believe that you sent back all books posted to you, if that were the case you wouldn't have made the claim in the first place.

You really should have thought this one out more before you started tying yourself up in knots :laughing:

Now it is a direct credit so one can not want/need CHB but still get it as it is universal.

good to see we have some stupid guests

makes a change from Raven posting as a guest and showing himself up something rotten

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:25 pm

sorry stoo

but i was discussing things of a serious nature until Ali and Venum started attacking my views on a personal level

now Ali I think your very comments and view are for the sole purpose of wind up, but seriously I stand by what i believe and that is charity begins at home, yes i am sorry some child is dying of starvation somewhere but how is that my fault or my responsibility when people in my own country, like the elderly are suffering? We should be looking after our own first and then if there is money left over help elsewhere. There have been many schemes to help the poorer countries with training on irrigation, dam building, better farming practices but yet they dont pay too much attention to it.

And now on the actual topic of the thread, over population. The number that they estimate the world population will be is just that, an estimate and worked out current birth and death rates around the world, yes some countries a lot of births and deaths go unregistered but i think that maybe the statisticians look at the current births and death rates over the years. Of course its not going to be an exact figure, no one can predict that. For all we know a massive epidemic could sweep the earth in a few years time and wipe out half the world's population.

In my opinion, families should not have more than two children in a way a bit like the rules that the Chinese have albeit that very extreme but find families who have 3, 4,5 or even 10 kids does not help the over population of the world. Families should stop at 2 children.

And with the current financial situation what it is for many , there just is no spare cash to donate to someone in another country. My own family are having to watch every penny at the moment as things (gas electricity and food) are getting more and more expensive yet our salaries are not increasing therefore leaving less and less disposable income. I used to give a lot to charity but not anymore, not after realising just how much goes to charity administration costs.

each to their own but does not mean both sides are right or wrong, just opinions.

And i never claimed child benefit and never got it, dont agree with it to be honest.

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:52 pm

all benefits should be means tested..
Big Fat Frosty

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs