Dear materialist atheists

Re: Dear materialist atheists

Postby Scotty » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:41 pm

3rdLeg wrote:
KeithTas wrote:What a plonker you are Leggo, you make a statement that we have the techmology to travel to Alpha Centori in 40 years (give or take, OK I said 20 years (2 light years instead of 4)) When in fact this is just another of your fantasies. Leg we do not have any Ion drive spacecraft, someone "thinks it's possible" but we do not possess this techmology. We cannot, at this moment (as you stated) get to a 10th of light speed or anywhere near it. As a side issue has anyone developed the required "defensive enery shields" necessary for interstellar space trave.

You live in a fantasy world Leggo, you deny the scientific method. You cut and paste from some pseudoscience websites about sceptics (I notice you always spell it wrong) spouting how no one will listen to reason that aliens are upon us. I would give these websites a wide berth mate, looks like every week you are getting sucked deeper into their grip.

Then i beg you to differ with NASA.

The propulsion of choice for science fiction writers has become the propulsion of choice for scientists and engineers at NASA. The ion propulsion system's efficient use of fuel and electrical power enable modern spacecraft to travel farther, faster, and cheaper than any other propulsion technology currently available. Ion thrusters are currently used for stationkeeping on communication satellites and for main propulsion on deep space probes. Ion thrusters expel ions to create thrust and can provide higher spacecraft top speeds than any other rocket currently available.

I don't know about Interstellar space travel but on the ground they are deveolping it now, for the MoD.

I do not deny science, just the dogmatic types, the ones that have tunnel vision.

Aye 3rd Leg ya rrright son and dinnae listen to these fools because science fiction provides the basis and the foundation for research into insurmountable problems that then get solved and become science fact.
My impulse and warp engines will become fact,so dinnae worry aboot that.
Only the closed minds fail to learn from history,many said many things couldnae be done and they are now commonplace the noo.
Scotty

Postby KeithTas » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:16 am

See the other thread Leg. I'm offline for a few days, will take up the challenge when i'm back.
KeithTas

Postby 3rdLeg » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:40 am

KeithTas wrote:See the other thread Leg. I'm offline for a few days, will take up the challenge when i'm back.

Yep saw that, funny that, on this thread you post:

" Leg we do not have any Ion drive spacecraft,"

And on the other thread you have a nice c n p from NASA stating how they are using ION drives in their missions today...

Funny how one has to swollow their pride and be forced to put up a link from NASA that states there are indeed ION propulsion craft in use in space today. It's ok to be wrong Keitho, i pulled a great one with 40yr trips, I screwed up, you screwed up on the tech, we can all screw up.. :pmsl:
3rdLeg

Postby Verum » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:08 am

You may both be correct, in part at least. I found this:

"...no mission has really been willing to use the technology as a primary propulsion system because of the possibility that it might not work, which would mean the failure of an expensive mission and the loss of important scientific data. Managers of missions are usually not willing to take on this kind of risk, and tend to use the tried and true system of chemical propulsion."

(NASA)
Verum

Postby D'art » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:28 am

65 million years ago ET caused a global mass extinction, CT boundry!

I see you have moved on to propulsion! Unless a method for collecting chemicals in space is invented light propulsion created by solar electric is the only posable choice within solar travle!

How many years has there been a space station performing experiments?

What technologies are available is not know! Patents will be classified and observing tests will be strictly limited to a few! Not even manufacturers of the technologies would see the culmination of their labour!

The pulse engine is a fact!

I did see a utube vid of a fighter take off. Vertical take off out of water? Any one familiar with that tech, or know if the vehical is able to function at speed in water? It dose take a large amount of energy to lift a body out of water! So I am unable to varify the vid : (
D'art

Postby Verum » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:55 am

"...unable to varify the vid"

Well there's a surprise...LOL!
Verum

Postby D'art » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:22 am

Verum wrote:"...unable to varify the vid"

Well there's a surprise...LOL!

Unlike most! I don't accept the first image or reports I see on any media network or opinions heard without being able to confirm the facts as I understand them.

It is a cool vid, check it out! I think it is under the catagory of future weapons.

A link off of the deadliest weapon... I still consider the nuke cannon the deadliest! But for a hmg it is scarier than a gat! The coolest I think is the anti artilary microwave interceptor (can't recal correct name)
D'art

Postby 3rdLeg » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:21 pm

D'art wrote:65 million years ago ET caused a global mass extinction, CT boundry!

I see you have moved on to propulsion! Unless a method for collecting chemicals in space is invented light propulsion created by solar electric is the only posable choice within solar travle!

What technologies are available is not know! Patents will be classified and observing tests will be strictly limited to a few! Not even manufacturers of the technologies would see the culmination of their labour!

I did see a utube vid of a fighter take off. Vertical take off out of water? Any one familiar with that tech, or know if the vehical is able to function at speed in water? It dose take a large amount of energy to lift a body out of water! So I am unable to varify the vid : (

Fuck me, and there i was thinking it was a meteor that struck down in the Yukatan....

What do you mean Moved on to Propulsion? It aint new, i can make propulsion by blowing up a balloon and lettig it go.. Anything that creates forward motion by expelling some form of energy is considered propulsion. Please correct me if i am incorrect.
3rdLeg

Postby LordRaven » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:55 pm

Verum wrote:You may both be correct, in part at least. I found this:

"...no mission has really been willing to use the technology as a primary propulsion system because of the possibility that it might not work, which would mean the failure of an expensive mission and the loss of important scientific data. Managers of missions are usually not willing to take on this kind of risk, and tend to use the tried and true system of chemical propulsion."

(NASA)

Wrong! Have a read up on the soviets in this link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hall_effect_thruster
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:56 pm

3rdLeg wrote:
D'art wrote:65 million years ago ET caused a global mass extinction, CT boundry!

Fuck me, and there i was thinking it was a meteor that struck down in the Yukatan....

What do you mean Moved on to Propulsion? It aint new, i can make propulsion by blowing up a balloon and lettig it go.. Anything that creates forward motion by expelling some form of energy is considered propulsion. Please correct me if i am incorrect.

Just one for what is more commonly known as the KT Boundary.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby KeithTas » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:11 am

D'art sounds like another one of your lot Leggo, are you recruiting them or something.
KeithTas

Postby 3rdLeg » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:20 am

KeithTas wrote:

D'art sounds like another one of your lot Leggo, are you recruiting them or something.

Well Keitho, i you had spent the time to read my response to D'Art then the obvious answer would be an oustanding "No"..
3rdLeg

Postby KeithTas » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:31 pm

3rdLeg wrote:
KeithTas wrote:

Well Keitho, i you had spent the time to read my response to D'Art then the obvious answer would be an oustanding "No"..

Yep I know Leg, D'art is as daft as a brush.
KeithTas

Previous

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs