GOOD GOLLY,COMMON SENSE HAS WON OVER FOR ONCE

GOOD GOLLY,COMMON SENSE HAS WON OVER FOR ONCE

Postby peacetoff » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:15 pm

RACISM charges against a woman who had a golliwog in her window have been sensationally dropped.

The trial against Jena Mason, 65, had been due to start today but was stopped after the Crown Prosecution Service said there was not enough evidence to continue.

She was arrested by cops after her black neighbour Rosemarie O'Donnell complained about the doll.

Mrs Mason, who had always denied the charge, was not at Lowestoft Magistrates' Court to hear the news.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... opped.html

...............................................................................................................................................................................................
CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN HOW A DOLL COULD BE IN ANYWAY RACIST??????? IF A WHITE DOLL HAD BEEN PLACED IN THE BLACK WOMANS WINDOW,WOULD THERE HAVE EVEN BEEN AN ARREST????
peacetoff

Re: GOOD GOLLY,COMMON SENSE HAS WON OVER FOR ONCE

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:32 pm

How many 65 Year Old Women, who have a disagreement with their Coloured Neighbour have one of these types of dolls in their home and is it the sort of thing one sees regularly in the windows of Houses.????????

Postby peacetoff » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:40 pm

like i said "explain how a doll could in anyway be racist"...her intent may have been questionable....who can tell??? but it was a doll at the end of the day
peacetoff

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:46 pm

peacetoff wrote:like i said "explain how a doll could in anyway be racist"...her intent may have been questionable....who can tell??? but it was a doll at the end of the day

Why didnt she put a Barbie Doll in the window then, why was it specifically a Coloured doll ????????

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:04 pm

peacetoff wrote:like i said "explain how a doll could in anyway be racist"...her intent may have been questionable....who can tell??? but it was a doll at the end of the day

Nope nowt to do with NF Wogbashing events of the late 70s :leer:

Putting a golliwog in the window so your black next door neighbour isn't the most sensible thing to do. Any sensible person would have used white and black dolls/toys.

Trying to claim back innocent items seized by racists will always be very tricky. :smilin:

Postby peacetoff » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:26 pm

the nf hit people with dolls?????? how terrible
peacetoff

Postby peacetoff » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:28 pm

Guest wrote:

Why didnt she put a Barbie Doll in the window then, why was it specifically a Coloured doll ????????

would there have been the same forore,if the black woman had placed a barbie in her window??????????? i think not some how....i still haven't found out how a doll can be termed "racist"
peacetoff

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:33 pm

peacetoff wrote:
Guest wrote:

would there have been the same forore,if the black woman had placed a barbie in her window??????????? i think not some how....i still haven't found out how a doll can be termed "racist"

It's historical. A demeaning characateur of black people, have you seen them? They're not very complimentary.
Lady Murasaki

Postby peacetoff » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:44 pm

yeah,and barbie encourages anerexia...time we banned both hey??? :ohshi: :off head: ...they're kids toys...and no they're not demeaning in the least,maybe it's time some folk grew a thicker skin :dunno: :whistle: :laughing:
peacetoff

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:58 pm

If...you....say....so......
Lady Murasaki

Postby peacetoff » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:05 pm

so aren't they just kids toys??????????????
peacetoff

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:08 pm

They come from an era where black people were characteurised and mocked, albeit lovingly like you love a pet, not a fellow equal human. I can see why someone would find it offensive.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Cannydc » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:13 pm

Everone alive over the age of 30 knows that these dolls are from a bygone age when racial stereotyping was all too common - a bit like our BNP/NF pals still do.

So now they are all too easy to use as an insult, to demean and bully anyone of colour, and the person who strategically placed the doll in the window knew that. As does the OP, of course.

The only reason a perfectly justified prosecution failed was because it was impossible to tell exactly who put it there.

Oh for a strategically placed CCTV camera..
Cannydc

Postby peacetoff » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:21 pm

Babycheeks wrote:They come from an era where black people were characteurised and mocked, albeit lovingly like you love a pet, not a fellow equal human. I can see why someone would find it offensive.

the dolls were not caricatures mocking black people at all...it was a doll...please define the word "racism" for me,then explain how a doll falls into this catergory
peacetoff

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:23 pm

I don't think older people do always realise but once it's pointed out they're usually mortified and determined not to cause offence, keeping the doll in the window suggests the owner didn't care about causing racial offence.
Lady Murasaki

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs