Child killer Robert Black found guilty of murdering Jennifer

Re: Child killer Robert Black found guilty of murdering Jennifer

Postby Fenella » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:29 pm

Ellie-Jane wrote:
Fenella wrote:
Ellie-Jane wrote:With DNA technology and general advances in forensics your objection holds no validity. If guilt is proven beyond absolute doubt they should swing.

Seems to me like you feel that Black has human rights and execution is not a option that we should discuss. What kind of person are you?

Are you suggesting that there are some convictions for murder where guilt is not proven beyond doubt? In that case, the whole system is flawed, and you couldn't really have the death penalty for one and not for another. You can't have a system where it's decided that someone is convicted with more certainty than another.

I don't see why people shouldn't object to the death penalty - it doesn't make them a bad "kind of person".

I'm not suggesting anything of the kind. Guilt should always be based on their being absolutely no doubt.

So you don't agree with it, that's up to you.

I happen to think that keeping a monster like Black alive poses a serious risk of other children being brutely murdered. The monster may be inside now but you can be certain that the do-gooder brigade will be fighting his corner. Our taxes will be used for appeal after appeal and then he will eventually be released early, given a new identity and a home in an area where there are plenty of potential victims for him to pray on.

Of course while he is inside he will have all of the comforts he wants and if he doesn't he can claim a breach of his human rights and our taxes will be used to compensate him. He will have access to free gymnasium facilities (the kind that normal hard working people have to pay an annual fee for), the oppotunity for educational advancement (while us normal people have to pay for such things), internet access without having to pay for a computer or the monthly ISP charges and he doesn't even have to buy a TV licence but he can still watch TV can't he. Of course let's not forget that he currently has a roof over his head without any of the bills that us normal people have to pay, including food. Of course he also gets his own person protection to ensure that other prisoners don't give him what he truely deserves.

I don't know if you work or not, but if you do you can be happy in the knowledge that your taxes are helping to keep this monster and provide for all his needs and all of his appeals.

Well all murder convictions are based on there being no reasonable doubt, but some are overturned on appeal, so clearly there was doubt there to begin with.

You seem to be advocating a harsher prison life, and I have no objection to that. This particular man was I believe sentenced to at least 35 years, which will make him pretty old if he gets out, but really it should have been life without parole. I doubt he will serve any more time than he would have done had he not been convicted of Jennifer's murder. Perhaps the courts should make more use of consecutive sentences so that one crime is not lost amongst others.
Fenella

Postby Stooo » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:33 pm

Ellie-Jane wrote:
Fenella wrote:
Ellie-Jane wrote:With DNA technology and general advances in forensics your objection holds no validity. If guilt is proven beyond absolute doubt they should swing.

Seems to me like you feel that Black has human rights and execution is not a option that we should discuss. What kind of person are you?

Are you suggesting that there are some convictions for murder where guilt is not proven beyond doubt? In that case, the whole system is flawed, and you couldn't really have the death penalty for one and not for another. You can't have a system where it's decided that someone is convicted with more certainty than another.

I don't see why people shouldn't object to the death penalty - it doesn't make them a bad "kind of person".

I'm not suggesting anything of the kind. Guilt should always be based on their being absolutely no doubt.

I happen to think that keeping a monster like Black alive poses a serious risk of other children being brutely murdered. The monster may be inside now but you can be certain that the do-gooder brigade will be fighting his corner. Our taxes will be used for appeal after appeal and then he will eventually be released early, given a new identity and a home in an area where there are plenty of potential victims for him to pray on.

Of course while he is inside he will have all of the comforts he wants and if he doesn't he can claim a breach of his human rights and our taxes will be used to compensate him. He will have access to free gymnasium facilities (the kind that normal hard working people have to pay an annual fee for), the oppotunity for educational advancement (while us normal people have to pay for such things), internet access without having to pay for a computer or the monthly ISP charges and he doesn't even have to buy a TV licence but he can still watch TV can't he. Of course let's not forget that he currently has a roof over his head without any of the bills that us normal people have to pay, including food. Of course he also gets his own person protection to ensure that other prisoners don't give him what he truely deserves.

I don't know if you work or not, but if you do you can be happy in the knowledge that your taxes are helping to keep this monster and provide for all his needs and all of his appeals.

Black will never be free, I don't know what you are basing your comment on but it's certainly not on any facts apart from the one about a roof over his head. He will be in solitary with nothing to do but reflect, he will not have internet access and will be allowed to buy a computer from his wages if he works. He will pay rent for his TV if he is at a regime that allows it and he will not ever again be able to do do what he wants.

He's a monster and like all monsters will be locked away for the rest of his life. Just another piece of useless meat.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Ellie-Jane » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:13 pm

Fenella wrote:
Ellie-Jane wrote:
Fenella wrote:

Well all murder convictions are based on there being no reasonable doubt, but some are overturned on appeal, so clearly there was doubt there to begin with.

You seem to be advocating a harsher prison life, and I have no objection to that. This particular man was I believe sentenced to at least 35 years, which will make him pretty old if he gets out, but really it should have been life without parole. I doubt he will serve any more time than he would have done had he not been convicted of Jennifer's murder. Perhaps the courts should make more use of consecutive sentences so that one crime is not lost amongst others.

Prison life should be harder, but what I am advocating is that monsters like Black should be executed. Why should I have to contribute to keeping subhuman filth like that, why should any of us? I can't seriously understand anyone that gives support to such creatures by fighting their corner by objecting to their execution.
Ellie-Jane

Postby Fenella » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:27 pm

Ellie-Jane wrote:
Fenella wrote:
Ellie-Jane wrote:
Fenella wrote:

Prison life should be harder, but what I am advocating is that monsters like Black should be executed. Why should I have to contribute to keeping subhuman filth like that, why should any of us? I can't seriously understand anyone that gives support to such creatures by fighting their corner by objecting to their execution.

We don't have capital punishment in this country, so there's not much point advocating that he's executed. I don't really want to see a return to capital punishment anyway, but that doesn't mean that I support this man. I do think it's sad that he can't be given a much longer sentence for murdering Jennifer in addition to murdering the other victims, but hopefully he'll never get out of prison.
Fenella

Postby Hoptoad » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:39 am

The suggestions seem to be judicially kill him or don't, for various reasons. I would put forward a third solution, allow him to kill himself.

I know some of you wont like this, but let me say, the only person who knows they are guilty with out any doubt is the killer. He knows he is guilty, he now has a choice he can face spending his life in prison, in the hope of the impossible or die and end it.
If he condemns himself there is no miscarriage of justice and the state is free of a burden, if he chooses not to, the state has lost nothing.
Hoptoad

Postby Vicky » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:44 am

With Black found guilty yesterday of murdering Jennifer Cardy that means he is now serving 12 life sentences, so maybe it will finally dawn on him, he has no hope of ever being released. I wonder if he will finally start talking and tell the police about his other victims, and give their families some sort of closure as well.
Vicky

Postby Ali » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:53 am

As it stands the earliest he could be released on licence is 2029 (could be as opposed to will be because with a life sentence there is no guarantee of ever getting out of prison) when he will be 82 but I would be suprised if the judge doesn't tell him that he will now never be released after this guilty verdict and what's more the police are still looking for the evidence that proves he killed Genette Tate in Devon in 1978 as well as another 12 girls in the UK, France and Belgium I think was the other place. They are absolutely sure he killed Genette Tate, but they just can't find the evidence to prove it
Ali

Postby Vicky » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:11 am

Genette Tate's father is now dying of cancer, he has pleaded with Black to come clean and admit he killed his daughter, but Black still refuses to say anything about the case. Similar to Winnie Johnson who's son Keith was murdered by Brady and Hindley, she is also dying and has asked Bradly to admit where he buried the boy. I am not sure if Brady genuinely cant remember were the body is, or just wont say.
Vicky

Postby Ali » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:24 am

Didn't Winnie Johnson die just recently without ever knowing where her sons body was?

As a mum I don't know if I could bear not ever knowing what happened to or where the body of one of my kids is. That sort of thing must really eat away at a person.

It's pointless for these murderers to keep this information hidden away when they aren't ever going to be released anyway, but on the subject of capital punishment whilst they are still alive at least there is always the hope that they may divulge the information one day, if they are executed then that information cannot ever be revealed.
Ali

Postby Vicky » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:43 pm

Didn't know Winnie Johnson had died Ali, but it must be so awful for her and parents like her to have a child murdered but for the body to never be found. There was a case in my hometown of a wee girl who went missing must be about 60 years ago and no trace of her has ever been found. Her death killed both her parents, her mother would wander the streets trying to find her.
Vicky

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:29 pm

Hoptoad wrote:The suggestions seem to be judicially kill him or don't, for various reasons. I would put forward a third solution, allow him to kill himself.

I know some of you wont like this, but let me say, the only person who knows they are guilty with out any doubt is the killer. He knows he is guilty, he now has a choice he can face spending his life in prison, in the hope of the impossible or die and end it.
If he condemns himself there is no miscarriage of justice and the state is free of a burden, if he chooses not to, the state has lost nothing.

also there organs go to donation
there brain and left overs to medical dissection
for students etc etc
Big Fat Frosty

Postby brian wicklow » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:38 pm

Ali wrote:Didn't Winnie Johnson die just recently without ever knowing where her sons body was?

As a mum I don't know if I could bear not ever knowing what happened to or where the body of one of my kids is. That sort of thing must really eat away at a person.

It's pointless for these murderers to keep this information hidden away when they aren't ever going to be released anyway, but on the subject of capital punishment whilst they are still alive at least there is always the hope that they may divulge the information one day, if they are executed then that information cannot ever be revealed.

they keep the information clandestine because it's how they get their rocks off
brian wicklow

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:55 pm

why dont they just stick em full of sodium pentathol
and waterboard them...
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Stooo » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:32 pm

Frank Black wrote:
Hoptoad wrote:The suggestions seem to be judicially kill him or don't, for various reasons. I would put forward a third solution, allow him to kill himself.

also there organs go to donation
there brain and left overs to medical dissection
for students etc etc

The State has no control once a person has died, any donations of organs are down to the wishes of the deceased or their family.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:39 pm

sign it away for the privilage of letting the scumbag kill himself...
easy no?
Big Fat Frosty

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs