Thaank Gaad for Americans

Re: Thaank Gaad for Americans

Postby Stooo » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:56 pm

Maddog wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Maddog wrote:How do I know? Maybe that's not their real names. Kids are given stupid names every day. I'm sure the people that register those names just shake their heads and move on.

Well, it sure seems that it's their real names. What the hell is wrong with names like Jack and Nancy? Why burden the people that you are supposed to love with such stupid names?

Got me. Why do people name their kids Moonbeam?

'cos it's better than Hitler I suppose. Why the hell would you name your kid after one of the most hated men on the planet? :dunno:

Because they are stupid. Why do people even embrace his ideolgy? Why are there Klan members? Why are their Black Panthers? Why are there Al Quaida members? All of these idiots are likely to have kids, and the kids will suffer the ill affects of having idiotic parents, regardless of their names.

So surely it's best to factor the innocents out of such an atmosphere? Stop the cycle? I think so.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Maddog » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:58 pm

So you want to make a list of banned names, or take kids from parents who belong to radical groups?
Maddog

Postby Stooo » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:01 pm

Maddog wrote:So you want to make a list of banned names, or take kids from parents who belong to radical groups?

Well... yeah.

The shit has to stop somewhere. How the hell are we meant to move on as a species unless we drop that sort of thing?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Maddog » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:06 pm

Stooo wrote:
Maddog wrote:So you want to make a list of banned names, or take kids from parents who belong to radical groups?

Well... yeah.

The shit has to stop somewhere. How the hell are we meant to move on as a species unless we drop that sort of thing?

We wont move on as a species by forcing people to do things, that they should already know not to do. You can't outlaw stupidity. In fact, I'm not comfortable giving the government too much power in determining stupidity.
Maddog

Postby spicy » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:12 pm

Guest wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/26/baby-hitler-parents-lose-custody-kids-even-though-judge-says-no-abuse/

Parents who named two of their children "Adolf Hitler" and "Aryan Nation" lost custody of all three of their children Thursday, even though they say a New Jersey appeals court found no evidence of abuse, ruling the children have been taken away without cause, MyFoxPhilly reports.
“Actually, the judge and DYFS told us that there was no evidence of abuse and that it was the names. They were taken over the children's names,” Heath Campbell told NBC 10 Tuesday.
However, the appeals court ruled last year that sufficient evidence of abuse or neglect existed because of domestic violence in the home, and removed the children from their Philipsburg, N.J.home.

In protest, Heath and Deborah Campbell picketed with three other people outside of child services offices in Flemington, N.J., Tuesday, saying that the state has no right to keep their children away from them now that the court allegedly ruled that the kids were taken away without cause, NBC 10 reports.
The case originated after the local ShopRite refused to decorate a birthday cake for the son, Adolf Hitler Campbell, and reported the incident. Adolf and siblings JoyceLynn Aryan Nation and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie have been in foster care since then.
In January 2009, the Campbells told MyFoxPhilly that Adolf Hitler Campbell is just like any other 3-year-old boy.
"It's not like he's growing up to be a killer or nothing like that," Deborah Campbell said.
"I went to just to get a cake... it was a circus of racism," Heath Campbell added.
At the time both parents acknowledge the hate behind their children's names. But say that was not their intention.
"This is America, they say it's free, you have the right to name your child whatever you want to name your child, no matter what," Heath Campbell said.
The parents say that a judge will decide by early December if the kids will eventually come home.

You couldn't make it up, could you?

It's very stupid to call your children those names however that said, they should be able to call their children what they like. When the children are old enough no doubt they will be able to change their names.

The comments remotely connecting this to the Tea Party is just as stupid as the said names.
spicy

Postby LordRaven » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:28 pm

I hope the kids grow up and correct their idiot parents when they are aware of what a marvellous start in life they were given.

And I sincerely hope Adolph marries a balck girl and his sister weds a mexican guy.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Ellie-Jane » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:36 pm

spicy wrote:
Guest wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/26/baby-hitler-parents-lose-custody-kids-even-though-judge-says-no-abuse/

Parents who named two of their children "Adolf Hitler" and "Aryan Nation" lost custody of all three of their children Thursday, even though they say a New Jersey appeals court found no evidence of abuse, ruling the children have been taken away without cause, MyFoxPhilly reports.
“Actually, the judge and DYFS told us that there was no evidence of abuse and that it was the names. They were taken over the children's names,” Heath Campbell told NBC 10 Tuesday.
However, the appeals court ruled last year that sufficient evidence of abuse or neglect existed because of domestic violence in the home, and removed the children from their Philipsburg, N.J.home.

In protest, Heath and Deborah Campbell picketed with three other people outside of child services offices in Flemington, N.J., Tuesday, saying that the state has no right to keep their children away from them now that the court allegedly ruled that the kids were taken away without cause, NBC 10 reports.
The case originated after the local ShopRite refused to decorate a birthday cake for the son, Adolf Hitler Campbell, and reported the incident. Adolf and siblings JoyceLynn Aryan Nation and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie have been in foster care since then.
In January 2009, the Campbells told MyFoxPhilly that Adolf Hitler Campbell is just like any other 3-year-old boy.
"It's not like he's growing up to be a killer or nothing like that," Deborah Campbell said.
"I went to just to get a cake... it was a circus of racism," Heath Campbell added.
At the time both parents acknowledge the hate behind their children's names. But say that was not their intention.
"This is America, they say it's free, you have the right to name your child whatever you want to name your child, no matter what," Heath Campbell said.
The parents say that a judge will decide by early December if the kids will eventually come home.

You couldn't make it up, could you?

It's very stupid to call your children those names however that said, they should be able to call their children what they like. When the children are old enough no doubt they will be able to change their names.

With how some people are their children may not live long enough to have the opportunity to change their names. Can you seriously see them surviving an american high school with names like aryan nation and adolph hilter. I think what the judge did was right, the parents have placed those children at serious risk by giving them those names. They should have their names changed and be fosted out to a family that has brains and morals and can provide a safe environment for the children to thrive in.
Ellie-Jane

Postby Hoptoad » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:15 pm

I have a certain personal interest in this thread. I find I can not support the confiscation of children by the authority's on account of there names.

Let me explain, There's a family tradition on my fathers side that involves naming children after noted rebels. In the 1851 census my Great, great, Grandfather had named two of his sons, George Washington and Thomas Jefferson. Now this was in England within living memory of the war of 1812. That a certain animosity remained is shown by the census taker deciding to rename one son George, Washpot, I take it the lad may have been in need of a swill.

Should they have been taken by the state?

Or in fact should I? My Christian names where given to me by my grandmother, who I was told named me after two prominent IRA men. In fact they where members of the IRB the Irish republican brotherhood, both martyrs to the cause and trigger to the eventual Irish rebellion.
Yet as far as I know, I have no Irish blood and have never been a supporter of the IRA in any way, I am not even catholic.

The authority's are not very good at raising kids, as those kids grow they will be resentful to the authority's for removing them, and may end up being what the judge is trying to prevent. Rather than as kids do. picking a name for themselves and resenting their parents.
Hoptoad

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:25 am

The report clearly states that there is evidence of domestic abuse in the home - does Maddog think that being around violent racist parents is good for a child?
Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:27 am

LordRaven wrote:I hope the kids grow up and correct their idiot parents when they are aware of what a marvellous start in life they were given.

And I sincerely hope Adolph marries a balck girl and his sister weds a mexican guy.
Raven wouldn't it be much more fun if Adolph were to marry a Black Man and his sister wedded a Mexican Girl. :yess:
Cactus Jack

Postby Ali » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:37 am

Hmm.

The parents were bloody stupid for giving their kids those names because of what they represent, however, there is no way the kids should have been taken into care because of that.

Evidence of domestic abuse is one thing, but kids names? That is giving the state waaay too much power to interfere in family life.
Ali

Postby Maddog » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:56 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:The report clearly states that there is evidence of domestic abuse in the home - does Maddog think that being around violent racist parents is good for a child?

Nope, but do you think every child that is around their parents fighting should be removed by the state?
Maddog

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:05 pm

Maddog wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:The report clearly states that there is evidence of domestic abuse in the home - does Maddog think that being around violent racist parents is good for a child?

Nope, but do you think every child that is around their parents fighting should be removed by the state?

The parents beat the children according to the state prosecution papers

Do you think that children should suffer such physical abuse at the hands of their parents?

Who can help them in that situation?

Postby Northern » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:23 am

Guest wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Stooo wrote:I take it that the Tea Party is funding the appeal in the name of HURR FREEDUM :shake head:

Sad strange people...

What does the Tea Party have to do with this?

FREEDUM to do WTF they want even if it means that you can name your kids after despots.

I think you will find that most Americans think parents should be free to name their kids whatever the hell they like. Then we are free to say the parents are idiots.

That's where we differ. We think of the children first. They are more important than stupid NAZI parents

Really?

Fifi trixabelle
Peaches Honeyblossom Michelle Charlotte Angel Vanessa
Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily
Luscious Tropical Mango Geldof.

Princess Tammani (or whatever it is price and Andre called theirs)
Apple Martin

People are fucked up with kids names all over the world, though I agree the ones in the o/p are OTT
Northern

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:29 am

Northern wrote:
Guest wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Maddog wrote:What does the Tea Party have to do with this?

FREEDUM to do WTF they want even if it means that you can name your kids after despots.

I think you will find that most Americans think parents should be free to name their kids whatever the hell they like. Then we are free to say the parents are idiots.

That's where we differ. We think of the children first. They are more important than stupid NAZI parents

Really?

Fifi trixabelle
Peaches Honeyblossom Michelle Charlotte Angel Vanessa
Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily
Luscious Tropical Mango Geldof.

Princess Tammani (or whatever it is price and Andre called theirs)
Apple Martin

People are fucked up with kids names all over the world, though I agree the ones in the o/p are OTT

Fifi, Peaches, Hiraani and Luscious hardly had any problems at school with name calling. Nor were they beaten.

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs