Bosses Pay Up 50%. G'morning mugs!

Bosses Pay Up 50%. G'morning mugs!

Postby Verum » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:13 pm

Pay for the directors of the UK's top businesses rose 50% over the past year, a pay research company has said.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15487866

Come on you Tories, defend this!
Verum

Re: Bosses Pay Up 50%. G'morning mugs!

Postby Verum » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:16 pm

Dave said, the report was "concerning" . :smilin:

It's the way he tells 'em!
Verum

Postby Cannydc » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:31 pm

Come off it, Verum.

You know full well that these are the entrepreneurs, the wealth makers, the elite businessmen who produce jobs.

No-one else could do what they do, and certainly not for less than their (average) salary of a mere £2.7m a year..

(Kidding)
Cannydc

Postby Verum » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:41 pm

£2.7million? More proof that we're all in it together! :smilin:
Verum

Postby Cannydc » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:56 pm

Directors' bonus payments, on average, rose by 23% from £737,000 in 2010 to £906,000 this year.

A mere 35 times the average UK wage...
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:18 pm

Cannydc wrote:Directors' bonus payments, on average, rose by 23% from £737,000 in 2010 to £906,000 this year.

A mere 35 times the average UK wage...

Plus they pay themselves in dividends...no tax

Postby Maddog » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:30 pm

Start your own company and hire your own CEO and pay him what you like.

It would be much like starting a soccer team. The going rate for the best is pretty damn high.

Or you could make a movie and offer Johnny Depp $500 and see what he says.
Maddog

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:31 pm

Maddog wrote:Start your own company and hire your own CEO and pay him what you like.

It would be much like starting a soccer team. The going rate for the best is pretty damn high.

De Niro worked on a film for nothing :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

Postby Maddog » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:37 pm

Guest wrote:
Maddog wrote:Start your own company and hire your own CEO and pay him what you like.

I didn't say he didn't. Michael Moore has an estimated wealth of around 50 million. While I think he is an idiot, as are the people that pay him for his product, more power to him if he can get it. No one is being forced to give him money.
Maddog

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:45 pm

Maddog wrote:
Guest wrote:

I didn't say he didn't. Michael Moore has an estimated wealth of around 50 million. While I think he is an idiot, as are the people that pay him for his product, more power to him if he can get it. No one is being forced to give him money.

You offer money before any filming takes place

Postby Verum » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:11 pm

Maddog wrote:
Guest wrote:

No but we, the poor, are being forced to pay for the crisis that the rich have caused and continue to benefit from.
Verum

Postby Maddog » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:50 pm

Verum wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Guest wrote:

No but we, the poor, are being forced to pay for the crisis that the rich have caused and continue to benefit from.

It benefits a few rich people. Others have suffered greatly. I don't believe in bail outs, nor do i believe in the government dictating how much some should make. They only way for a person to get rich is to provide something people will pay for. It's the same for a CEO, a soccer player or an actor.

I have never understood being envious of another man's success. It's not like his wealth somehow limits your ability to succede.
Maddog

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:54 pm

Maddog wrote:
Verum wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Guest wrote:

It benefits a few rich people. Others have suffered greatly. I don't believe in bail outs, nor do i believe in the government dictating how much some should make. They only way for a person to get rich is to provide something people will pay for. It's the same for a CEO, a soccer player or an actor.

I have never understood being envious of another man's success. It's not like his wealth somehow limits your ability to succede.

Pyramid schemes sell what exactly?
Who is envious? That old line is always trotted out and is complete bollocks.
We want the ones who fucked it to pay. They aren't though are they?

Postby Maddog » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:05 pm

Pyramid schemes sell the idea that someone will get rich. I have no real issues with them, unless you are forced to pay into them.
Maddog

Postby Verum » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:16 pm

Maddog wrote:I have never understood being envious of another man's success. It's not like his wealth somehow limits your ability to succede.

Good for you brother but I'm talking about my money being stolen via taxes and cuts in services in order to benefit the rich. Keep your free-market sermonizing to yourself - unless, of course, you're willing to pay me to listen. :smilin:
Verum

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs