AT LEAST 2018 BEFORE UK ECONOMY RECOVERS

AT LEAST 2018 BEFORE UK ECONOMY RECOVERS

Postby Cannydc » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:23 am

Britain is likely to take up to six years to recover from the recession and potentially far longer if European leaders fail to address the single currency crisis, leading forecasters warned yesterday.

Official figures due out today are expected to show that the economic recovery remains lacklustre and that the size of the economy may start shrinking before the end of the year.

Tony Dolphin, chief economist at the IPPR, said: “This is shaping up to be the longest recession the UK has ever experienced.

"Independent forecasters have been revising down their growth figures for 2011 and 2012. If these new forecasts prove correct this recession could last as long as six years.”

Figures for the third quarter of 2011 are expected to show that the economy grew by 0.3 per cent over the summer.

Let's see how close they are this time...
Cannydc

Re: AT LEAST 2018 BEFORE UK ECONOMY RECOVERS

Postby Dave & Nick show » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:33 am

Cannydc wrote:Britain is likely to take up to six years to recover from the recession and potentially far longer if European leaders fail to address the single currency crisis, leading forecasters warned yesterday.

Official figures due out today are expected to show that the economic recovery remains lacklustre and that the size of the economy may start shrinking before the end of the year.

Tony Dolphin, chief economist at the IPPR, said: “This is shaping up to be the longest recession the UK has ever experienced.

"Independent forecasters have been revising down their growth figures for 2011 and 2012. If these new forecasts prove correct this recession could last as long as six years.”

Figures for the third quarter of 2011 are expected to show that the economy grew by 0.3 per cent over the summer.

Small wonder with the mess Liebour left us in.

"i am become death the destroyer of the economy".............a fitting epitaph for Liebours last attempt at governance. :pmsl:
Dave & Nick show

Postby Verum » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:42 pm

Did I miss something? Were Labour the government of Ireland, Iceland, Greece and Italy? Was Gordon Brown prime minister of every country in financial difficulties? No, it turns out it's just another sad bastard on a forum mouthing off for no productive reason whatsover.
Verum

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:50 pm

Verum wrote:Did I miss something? Were Labour the government of Ireland, Iceland, Greece and Italy? Was Gordon Brown prime minister of every country in financial difficulties? No, it turns out it's just another sad bastard on a forum mouthing off for no productive reason whatsover.

Read it and weep dumbo. :cuppaT:
http://www.debtbombshell.com/britains-b ... eficit.htm

Postby spicy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:59 pm

Dave & Nick show wrote:
Cannydc wrote:Britain is likely to take up to six years to recover from the recession and potentially far longer if European leaders fail to address the single currency crisis, leading forecasters warned yesterday.

"i am become death the destroyer of the economy".............a fitting epitaph for Liebours last attempt at governance. :pmsl:

What about the note stating that there's no money left??????????????? what audacity! :paranoid:
spicy

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:06 pm

Dave & Nick show wrote:

SO the bankers that destroyed the world's economy was all down to New Labour?

Which of the banks which lost so many billions now fund the Tory party?

Is the answer all surviving ones?

Still you prefer this unelected Zanu-PF ConDem coalition, which says a lot about you and all the other morons that voted Tory

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:02 pm

Guest wrote:
Dave & Nick show wrote:

SO the bankers that destroyed the world's economy was all down to New Labour?

Which of the banks which lost so many billions now fund the Tory party?

Is the answer all surviving ones?

Still you prefer this unelected Zanu-PF ConDem coalition, which says a lot about you and all the other morons that voted Tory

Who voted Tory? Read the link below because even with extra boom income,selling off gold an raiding £200 billion from pension funds brown still maxed out on countrys credit.

Question. Had he not done so,would we have been in such a mess when the world wide banking collapse happened?

Take your time because I know you are not very bright. :gigglesnshit:

And ZanuPF are in Zimbabwe you dumb cunt! :pmsl:

Postby Verum » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:03 pm

Guest wrote:
Verum wrote:Did I miss something? Were Labour the government of Ireland, Iceland, Greece and Italy? Was Gordon Brown prime minister of every country in financial difficulties? No, it turns out it's just another sad bastard on a forum mouthing off for no productive reason whatsover.

Debt Bombshell? Isn't that the site financed by shadowdy right-wing figures and run by a guy who has "no political affiliation" but considers himself "a libertarian" (LOL). A guy "that works in online marketing" and who doesn't publish his real name or funding sources.

You really are a fuckwit, aren't you?
Verum

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:37 pm

Verum wrote:
Guest wrote:

Debt Bombshell? Isn't that the site financed by shadowdy right-wing figures and run by a guy who has "no political affiliation" but considers himself "a libertarian" (LOL). A guy "that works in online marketing" and who doesn't publish his real name or funding sources.

Like the tax avoiders that are involved in the (Non) TaxPayers Alliance

Postby wutang » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:41 pm

By the end of 2009-10 our annual deficit had ballooned to £170.8 billion

But the deficit was in decline when the credit crunch first hit (2007) as the graph clearly shows. Of course it had ballooned by 2009-10, just as it did for other nations, because of the financial collapse and subsequent global recession. Ironically the graph from debtbombshell shows it ballooned even more during the early-mid 90's than it did during the 2002-2009 period.

Check out this graph to put things in historical perspective:

wutang

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:26 pm

Verum wrote:
Guest wrote:

Oh I see? Anything that is not a left wing piece of shitepaper that proclaims the marvels of labour is a rag in your eyes.

Thanks for clearing that up you commie fuckpig :cuppaT:

And as I called you a fuckwit I see you feel the need to mimic me?

You fucking thick Ape! :dafinger:

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:30 pm

wutang wrote:
By the end of 2009-10 our annual deficit had ballooned to £170.8 billion

But the deficit was in decline when the credit crunch first hit (2007) as the graph clearly shows. Of course it had ballooned by 2009-10, just as it did for other nations, because of the financial collapse and subsequent global recession. Ironically the graph from debtbombshell shows it ballooned even more during the early-mid 90's than it did during the 2002-2009 period.

Check out this graph to put things in historical perspective:

We are blessed by your ability to pull figures from previous centuries to try and make the disaster that was Labours governance look slightly less worse than it actually was. :pmsl:

Postby wutang » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:58 pm

Guest wrote:
We are blessed by your ability to pull figures from previous centuries to try and make the disaster that was Labours governance look slightly less worse than it actually was. :pmsl:

Its not about making 'Labours governance look slightly less worse' its about recognising that the problems are systematic and therefore it doesnt matter who you 'vote in' the end result is still gonna be the same. They all serve the same purpose and pretty much all agree on the same things - the differences are cosmetic. Your position is that one party is the problem and the other is the solution... the reality is that all political parties are the problem precisely because they make people believe they are the solution. They cant change shyte, just offer more of the same (see: the second graph in my previous post)
wutang

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:25 pm

wutang wrote:
Guest wrote:

Its not about making 'Labours governance look slightly less worse' its about recognising that the problems are systematic and therefore it doesnt matter who you 'vote in' the end result is still gonna be the same. They all serve the same purpose and pretty much all agree on the same things - the differences are cosmetic. Your position is that one party is the problem and the other is the solution... the reality is that all political parties are the problem precisely because they make people believe they are the solution. They cant change shyte, just offer more of the same (see: the second graph in my previous post)

You make one point that I agree on............any potential politician who vies to tell the truth in the hope of getting elected fails to get elected and we therefore end up with those who lie just to win votes getting into positions of power.

Postby Verum » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:46 pm

Guest wrote:
Verum wrote:
Guest wrote:

Oh I see? Anything that is not a left wing piece of shitepaper that proclaims the marvels of labour is a rag in your eyes.

Thanks for clearing that up you commie fuckpig :cuppaT:

And as I called you a fuckwit I see you feel the need to mimic me?

You fucking thick Ape! :dafinger:

Calm down. It's only a forum. So you got caught trying to pass off right wing propaganda as fact. So what? Okay, you look a bit of a fool but there's no need to get so angry and abusive, not unless you want to appear even more uncouth and ignorant.
Verum

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs