I'm alright Jack

Re: I'm alright Jack

Postby Citizens Advice Bureau » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:32 pm

Babycheeks wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Babycheeks wrote:
LordRaven wrote:[]

Workers had no rights prior to unions acting for them and people were treated abysmally.
These days people have employment contracts and rights enshrined in law.

You really think workers won't be treated abysmally again? It's amazing how employers can get round contracts when they want to get rid of people.

I know of many cases where people have summarily dismissed and taken matters to court and won and employers have a very careful route to go down so as not to be liable BBC so job security is protected to a certain degree.

Workers rights are always eroded during times like these, employers can and do take advantage.

I know of at least 3 cases in the past year where this has happened just in my workplace.

Send them to us. Where there's blame there's a claim and unfair dismissal is easy to prove and they will get a nice cash settlement.

What field do you work in Babycheeks?

Poatatoes,cabbages or carrots? :gigglesnshit:

Sorry,I am just joking.
Citizens Advice Bureau

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:45 pm

Citizens Advice Bureau wrote:Send them to us. Where there's blame there's a claim and unfair dismissal is easy to prove and they will get a nice cash settlement.

What field do you work in Babycheeks?

Poatatoes,cabbages or carrots? :gigglesnshit:

Sorry,I am just joking.

Haha, no, they brought the unions in but it didn't help much in the end, they were had over a barrel, one has moved on with her life and landed another good/better job, the other 2 are a bit stuck in a rut.

My field is full of roses, just the bosses are jumped up weeds. :whistle:
Lady Murasaki

Postby port » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:54 pm

LordRaven wrote:
I know of many cases where people have summarily dismissed and taken matters to court and won and employers have a very careful route to go down so as not to be liable BBC so job security is protected to a certain degree.

any employer with half a brain can get round employment law
its not exactly rocket science lol
and with the changes in the law to bin " unproductive and indolent " employees
it will be even easier

rock on dave
port

Postby spicy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:56 pm

Yeah my husband has just had written warning for not doing enough nightcall. He suffers with high blood pressure and takes five tablets a day. He's had about two days off sick in five years and that's how they treat him.

The b/stards
spicy

Previous

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs