EU Spring.

EU Spring.

Postby spicy » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:13 pm

It seems to me to becoming quite fashionable at the moment to spring clean amongst the EU leaders. It seems Papandraus has said he's going to go, now they are after Berlusconi's head. With a debt six times as large as Greece changing leader has been a long time coming for Italy. Sarkozy will go when France hold their election. How long before Angela Merkal leaves the top job??? :whogives:
spicy

Re: EU Spring.

Postby Labour leftie luvvie » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:29 pm

spicy wrote:It seems to me to becoming quite fashionable at the moment to spring clean amongst the EU leaders. It seems Papandraus has said he's going to go, now they are after Berlusconi's head. With a debt six times as large as Greece changing leader has been a long time coming for Italy. Sarkozy will go when France hold their election. How long before Angela Merkal leaves the top job??? :whogives:

Oh just like the arab spring? No need, we all have democracy here and these leaders departing are just a sign of the natural order,as per our poor dear gordon having to go because the public just did not understand that he is indeed the man who saved the world and especially britain.
If only men of such vision could stay in place forever but that is democracy for you.
Labour leftie luvvie

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:02 pm

so your a blair man then i see....
:cuppaT:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:16 pm

Berlusconi facebooked to say he wasn't going.

i mean, jeez!

facebooked!!!
Lady Murasaki

Postby Fletch » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:24 pm

Babycheeks wrote:Berlusconi facebooked to say he wasn't going.

i mean, jeez!

facebooked!!!

How come you got him on your facebook? :ohshi:
Fletch

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:26 pm

Fletch wrote:

i mean, jeez!

facebooked!!!

lol, i have contacts!

it was just on the news

the man's a prat!
Lady Murasaki

Postby Fletch » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:35 pm

Babycheeks wrote:
Fletch wrote:

i mean, jeez!

facebooked!!!

lol, i have contacts!

it was just on the news

the man's a prat!

a randy pratt :gigglesnshit:

This EU thing will go on until banks have converted their virtual money in to hard assets, then the population will spend forever paying for it :shake head:
Fletch

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:38 pm

Fletch wrote:
This EU thing will go on until banks have converted their virtual money in to hard assets, then the population will spend forever paying for it :shake head:

don't they have to invest to do that? no one's investing.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Fletch » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:47 pm

Babycheeks wrote:
Fletch wrote:

don't they have to invest to do that? no one's investing.

No, the 'money' that is leant is 'created' by banks. They just add some numbers to a screen and credit it to the Country. The Country then credits the bank with the interest plus giving them a bond repayable in x number of years time.

The original 'money' is created by using financial instruments and leverage. That means a bank can lend up to 10, 20, 30 even 50 times the actual capital it has.

Once the Countries have the credit, the banks can then insist they sell off assets such as lucrative public business or contracts, gold, anything really as repayment for the created money.

It's all numbers on a screen and all that is required is a name on the contract who they can extract the money from.

Have a look at fractional reserve banking. Biggest :wurms: going.
Fletch

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:35 pm

ok, i'll admit i don't understand all that!
Lady Murasaki

Postby Fletch » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:49 pm

Babycheeks wrote:ok, i'll admit i don't understand all that!

It does get a bit complicated :???:

Banks 'create' money out of nothing. It's created on computer screens. They do this by fractional resere banking. That means they only need a fraction of the money they lend out.

If they have 1 pound, they use that to create 10 times, 20 times as much and so on. So 1 pound deposit at the bank means they can create and lend out 10 pounds or 20 pounds. The ratio varies.

All money is issued as debt by banks. That's why we are in the mess we are in.

There's more to it but that's the basics of it. I'll tell you more when we have time :smilin:
Fletch

spring time for hitler and germany

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:11 am

Big Fat Frosty

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:00 am

Fletch wrote:

Banks 'create' money out of nothing. It's created on computer screens. They do this by fractional resere banking. That means they only need a fraction of the money they lend out.

If they have 1 pound, they use that to create 10 times, 20 times as much and so on. So 1 pound deposit at the bank means they can create and lend out 10 pounds or 20 pounds. The ratio varies.

There's more to it but that's the basics of it. I'll tell you more when we have time :smilin:

Banks borrow money from a central bank or other banks. It doesn't appear magically on a screen. There is a rigour process, which is carried out and the banks are charged at the inter-bank interest rate.

If banks could create money how did they make and still make losses?

Postby Fletch » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:49 pm

Guest wrote:
Fletch wrote:

Banks borrow money from a central bank or other banks. It doesn't appear magically on a screen. There is a rigour process, which is carried out and the banks are charged at the inter-bank interest rate.

If banks could create money how did they make and still make losses?

That's exactly what happens.

Inter-bank lending is something that goes on to cover their positions and/or because they have run out of margin on their leverage ratios.

Banks create money from nothing, it is created as debt and as long as someone signs the agreement to the debt they can do it as often as they like. (within their leverage ratios)

This is what happened to Northern Rock. They had become so greedy that they had insufficient capacity to maintain day to day running so had to borrow to stay afloat. When word got out, the inter-bank lending and the wholesale market refused to lend any more. The public withdrew cash and they were left with no option but to ask for government help.

The whole banking system is a corrupt and obscure den of inequity. It's designed so the few become wealthy at the expense of the rest. FIAT currency is worthless paper; that's why gold is popular.

"The few who understand the system, will either be so interested from it's profits or so dependant on it's favors, that there will be no opposition from that class." — Rothschild Brothers of London, 1863
Fletch

Postby Maddog » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:58 pm

While banks do create money out of nothing, there is a limit to how much they can create. Once they are loaned out to their reserve ratios (It's the american term I am more comfortable with), they can no longer creatye more wealth, until they have more deposits or repayments to loan out. Right now, banks are loaning much less, as they are worried about getting repaid (I don't blame them, as this curent deal in greece will do just that). With credit being dried up, and/or shoved into countries that need it to stay afloat, it is not available for corporations and others to expand operations.

That's why Europe especially is looking to the Chinese for more loans. Their banks have lost the capacity to create new wealth.
Maddog

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs