Students v Baton Rounds? Shoot them?

Re: Students v Baton Rounds? Shoot them?

Postby spicy » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:29 pm

LordRaven wrote:More shops getting trashed just because they have to pay for their education?

Wankers!!

What we have in this country is a generation of want something for nothing merchants. It's immoral and what's more damn right dangerous.
I think that nine thousand pounds is too much however but six thousand pounds seems fair. Only yesterday my daughter said she would like to go to Uni however I said unless you get a scholarship there's no chance unless we win the lottery.

There really needs to be a sense of realism in all this.
spicy

Postby Maddog » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:05 pm

spicy wrote:
LordRaven wrote:More shops getting trashed just because they have to pay for their education?

Wankers!!

What we have in this country is a generation of want something for nothing merchants. It's immoral and what's more damn right dangerous.
I think that nine thousand pounds is too much however but six thousand pounds seems fair. Only yesterday my daughter said she would like to go to Uni however I said unless you get a scholarship there's no chance unless we win the lottery.

Tell her to get a job and some loans. There is no reason why a person that wants an education can't get one.
Maddog

Postby spicy » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:16 pm

Maddog wrote:
spicy wrote:

Wankers!!

Tell her to get a job and some loans. There is no reason why a person that wants an education can't get one.

If the jobs are indeed there. My son is trying to get a job around his college and it's proving horrible and very difficult. It's horrible when you can't even get the most mundane of jobs too. It does absolutely nothing for your self esteem and confidence. Is it any wonder people are reaching out for the anti-depressants???? :paranoid:
spicy

Postby Maddog » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:21 pm

spicy wrote:
Maddog wrote:
spicy wrote:

Wankers!!

If the jobs are indeed there. My son is trying to get a job around his college and it's proving horrible and very difficult. It's horrible when you can't even get the most mundane of jobs too. It does absolutely nothing for your self esteem and confidence. Is it any wonder people are reaching out for the anti-depressants???? :paranoid:

Times are indeed tough. My oldest just moved to Miami with her boyfriend, took her a month to land one, but she persisted and it finally paid off.
Maddog

Postby spicy » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:27 pm

Has she gone emigrated there then?
spicy

Postby curious » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:30 pm

:dunno: Hmmm, so it is shoot the would be students because they dont want to pay for their education.
curious

Postby Maddog » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:31 pm

spicy wrote:Has she gone emigrated there then?

Emigrated from Texas, yes. :smilin:
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:32 pm

curious wrote::dunno: Hmmm, so it is shoot the would be students because they dont want to pay for their education.

Actually, I think it's shoot them for rioting. I don't think they will get shot for wanting something for free. Pretty sure that's still perfectly legal.
Maddog

Postby curious » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:04 pm

It was my understanding that the riots were over an increase in tuition not "FREE" tuition! Maybe the students felt a need to protest their displeasure over having to pay more when they are already burdened with high costs? :dunno:
curious

Postby jaceylacey » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:00 pm

Water cannons and rubber bullets is the only way to keep these idiots under control. :roll:
jaceylacey

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:02 pm

jaceylacey wrote:Water cannons and rubber bullets is the only way to keep these idiots under control. :roll:

But the Green seats would be damaged

Postby Maddog » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:23 pm

curious wrote:It was my understanding that the riots were over an increase in tuition not "FREE" tuition! Maybe the students felt a need to protest their displeasure over having to pay more when they are already burdened with high costs? :dunno:

Then protest, don't riot.
Maddog

Postby curious » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:38 pm

Maddog wrote:
curious wrote:It was my understanding that the riots were over an increase in tuition not "FREE" tuition! Maybe the students felt a need to protest their displeasure over having to pay more when they are already burdened with high costs? :dunno:

I believe that is what I stated, they a majority started a protest, but along the way some agitators turned a peaceful demonstration into a riot and get the police all eager to tass someone or better yet beat them down with a club! Its happen before during the 60-s nazi police overzealous with their tactics.
curious

Postby Stooo » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:25 pm

Maddog wrote:

Sure...

UC Berkeley police and Alameda County sheriff's deputies in riot gear ordering students with linked arms to leave a grassy area outside the campus administration building Wednesday. When the students didn't move, police lowered their face shields and began hitting the protesters with batons.

University police say the students, who chanted "You're beating students" during the incident, were not innocent bystanders, and that the human fence they tried to build around seven tents amounted to a violent stance against police.

But many law enforcement experts said Thursday that the officers' tactics appeared to be a severe overreaction.

Both the ACLU and the National Lawyers Guild said they had "grave concerns about the conduct" of campus police.

"Video recordings raise numerous questions about UCPD's oversight and handling of these events, including whether law enforcement were truly required to beat protesters with batons," the two groups wrote in a letter to campus officials.

In total, 39 people were arrested Wednesday; 22 were students and one was a professor, police said. All but one were taken to jail and released.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... z1dUtKbpB4
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Maddog » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:04 am

Stooo wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Sure...

UC Berkeley police and Alameda County sheriff's deputies in riot gear ordering students with linked arms to leave a grassy area outside the campus administration building Wednesday. When the students didn't move, police lowered their face shields and began hitting the protesters with batons.

University police say the students, who chanted "You're beating students" during the incident, were not innocent bystanders, and that the human fence they tried to build around seven tents amounted to a violent stance against police.

But many law enforcement experts said Thursday that the officers' tactics appeared to be a severe overreaction.

Both the ACLU and the National Lawyers Guild said they had "grave concerns about the conduct" of campus police.

"Video recordings raise numerous questions about UCPD's oversight and handling of these events, including whether law enforcement were truly required to beat protesters with batons," the two groups wrote in a letter to campus officials.

In total, 39 people were arrested Wednesday; 22 were students and one was a professor, police said. All but one were taken to jail and released.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... z1dUtKbpB4

I guess they should have moved. Stoo, do you think people should be able to stand where ever they want, and ignore the police when told to move from places they are not legally allowed to stand? Do you generally stand in places your not allowed to stand and ignore the police?
Maddog

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs