A GRIM WEEK AHEAD FOR THIS ROTTEN COALITION

A GRIM WEEK AHEAD FOR THIS ROTTEN COALITION

Postby Cannydc » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:08 am

The Bank of England is preparing to cut its forecast of growth in 2011 from close to two per cent to as low as one per cent on Tuesday. It is also preparing to reduce its 2012 forecast of just over two per cent, again to about one per cent. The Bank is likely also to warn that a failure to resolve the crisis affecting the eurozone may make things much worse in Britain because of its reliance on trade with the rest of Europe.

To add to the gloom, in a week where Dave and his rich pals were due to announce yet another 'fightback', the number of people aged between 16 and 24 out of work is set to break the one million barrier on Wednesday for the first time since figures began to be calculated almost 20 years ago.

A report by the Institute for Public Policy Research (IPPR) will this week suggest that apprenticeships are failing.

The report, seen by The Sunday Telegraph, says employers are using Government cash meant for apprenticeships to subsidise training for older workers instead. According to the IPPR, 40 per cent of new apprenticeships went to over-25s last year.

Keep up the good work, Dave. Every one of those million kids desperately needing something to do in their lives apart from sit around and wait for the next dole cheque will be a voter at the next election. Can't see them voting for you and your rich cronies, pal. You may chant the mantra that 'we are all in this together' til the cows come home. It sounds more hollow, more false, by the day. As your own MP opined so eloquently - what a creature... a complete arsehole you are.
Cannydc

Re: A GRIM WEEK AHEAD FOR THIS ROTTEN COALITION

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:06 pm

Yup, it's times like these that their true blue colours show.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Fletch » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:42 pm

And those self same poor kids will be attacked by the right wing media as feckless workshy wasters who should do a full weeks work for their dole money. :shake head:
Fletch

Postby wutang » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:26 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Keep up the good work, Dave. Every one of those million kids desperately needing something to do in their lives apart from sit around and wait for the next dole cheque will be a voter at the next election. Can't see them voting for you and your rich cronies, pal.

Cant see them voting for your lot either. Voter turnout is traditionally low at the best of times - just 37% in 2005 - and with the realisation that all the parties offer nothing but more of the same, it looks more likely that riots & protests will be the norm instead. Lets not forget that Jedward Millibland was falling over himself trying to out-Daily Mail the Tories in denouncing the rioters I dont think disillusioned youth are gonna see him and his Red Tories as the answer (and as for Nick Clegg.... :pmsl:)

On the plus side there have been examples of youth taking matters into their own hands (a riot at a school recently over teachers getting sacked and not replaced), they see the Liberal-Labour-Tory capitalist cuts agenda is ferking them out of a future - lets hope they become more radicalised as a result.
wutang

Postby spicy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:36 pm

Fletch wrote:And those self same poor kids will be attacked by the right wing media as feckless workshy wasters who should do a full weeks work for their dole money. :shake head:

I'd say they should do part-time voluntary work for their dole money.

I appreciate that the jobs just are not there at the moment, and I can't see things getting any better any time soon.
spicy

Postby wutang » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:51 pm

spicy wrote:

I appreciate that the jobs just are not there at the moment, and I can't see things getting any better any time soon.

If there is part-time work for unemployed to do then there is work that people could be paid A PROPER WAGE to do. The workfare scheme is designed to hand over ultra-cheap labour to bosses, why pay someone even minimum wage when you can get the Government to give you free workers (KERCHING!!!!) then let the tax payers pay them the £60 a week benefits

Same with the plan to make prisoners work more... why pay a non-criminal to do a job when you can get a prisoner to do it for next to nothing. End result, sack workers and use ultra-cheap crims instead. Dont worry though the Governments non-stop attacks on benefits means all the sacked workers will turn to crime to survive, get sent to prison and get their old jobs back... for 10p an hour.

Win-Win... for capitalism :cheers:
wutang

Postby Ali » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:55 pm

spicy wrote:
Fletch wrote:And those self same poor kids will be attacked by the right wing media as feckless workshy wasters who should do a full weeks work for their dole money. :shake head:

If a company or the government can provide them with part time work for their dole money then they can damn well pay them the going rate for it whilst they are working.

Why should these kids who can't find a job work for the peanuts that would be their dole entitlement.
Ali

Postby Fletch » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:58 pm

spicy wrote:

So how do they do something that isn't there??? :???:
Fletch

Postby spicy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:09 pm

The voluntary work is there.
spicy

Postby Ali » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:19 pm

spicy wrote:The voluntary work is there.

The operative word here is 'voluntary'.
Ali

Postby spicy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:21 pm

Yes well maybe the operative word should be COMPULSORY.

I've done it.
spicy

Postby Fletch » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:47 pm

Is it? :dunno:

This is bandied about as some panacea to every young person out of work or even anyone out of work and yet reality seems to indicate there is not the plethora of voluntary work that is alluded to.

Unless you mean voluntary work as in doing necessary jobs for £60-00 a week?

Thought slavery was abolished years ago...
Last edited by Fletch on Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fletch

Postby Ali » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:47 pm

And if it is compulsary then they should be paid the going rate for the work. Hell, actually, if the job is there for these to do, why the hell not employ them properly and get them off the dole and jobless figures in one fell swoop.
Ali

Postby spicy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:04 pm

Fletch wrote:

Is it? :dunno:

This is bandied about as some panacea to every young person out of work or even anyone out of work and yet reality seems to indicate there is not the plethora of voluntary work that is alluded to.

Unless you mean voluntary work as in doing necessary jobs for £60-00 a week?

Thought slavery was abolished years ago...

I take your point about slavery, however if the properly paid jobs are not there, then yes doing a job for £60.00 a week at least for a certain amount of time would make your work ethic look good.

It's a way of giving something back.

For a while a joined a group that were into conservation etc, I used to remove graffitti and help clean up woodlands for nothing.
spicy

Postby Cannydc » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:19 pm

"Cant see them voting for your lot either. Voter turnout is traditionally low at the best of times - just 37% in 2005"

A link to that interesting statistic would be most welcomed, Wutang.

Failing that, a correction, perhaps?
Cannydc

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs